Why were A2A missiles nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The_Shruberer, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Tasogie

Firstly, there wont be any cert refunds, this si SOE your talking about. Isnt going to happen.
    Next, A2A was nerfed because the forum warriors screamed an spammed thread after thread as wow taught them to do till SOE gave them what they wanted.its funny how my LA does far FAR more damage than my Mossi can ever do.
  2. 7Elite7

No, it emphasizes large blobs of heavies camping on a warpgate cliff and blasting any air that comes out of it from the sky. It emphasizes blowing up any sunderers, tanks, liberators, galaxies that try and stop it. This sort of thing must stop. If all of those heavies were AA max, I'd be okay with it. But lock-on rockets are easy to fire and forget, and as I've said before - They're way imbalanced in terms of skill requires for use vs. positive outcome. When enemy air harasses me, I use a stock rocket launcher and blow it out of the sky. If they're at range I grab a flak turret.
  3. The_Shruberer

Ugh, my reference to the choice of weapons was not meant to stir up a debate on lock-ons in general. I referenced it to show the beneficial aspects of weapon choice.
  4. 7Elite7

My bad. Yeah. Choice is good. +1 to you.
  5. VexTheRaven

They're called rocket pods.
  6. The_Shruberer

SO there's an A2G and an A2A version of the rocket pods? Who knew? o_O
  7. Tytos

A2A missiles require simply no skill at all, they shouldn't have been in at the first place, so nerfing them was the right decision.
  8. The_Shruberer

Ya ya - we all had a great, lengthy conversation on that in the previous posts.
    So..... now comes the question: Why would I want anything except A2G rockets as my secondary?
  9. Tytos

If you are a new player and have never played a fps before, then A2A missiles will still get you further then the rocket pods, the game needs noob weapons and that's exactly what the A2A missiles should be.
  10. VoidMagic

Honestly, they fail as noob weapons. Only thing that was sort of good about them, is after you put a full burst of hailstorm into someone you could let the missle do the nasty business of flying at high speed over enemy air space for you to get the kill. This rarely works thou anyway due to flairs and pilot IQ being over 7 and all. Bottom line is all Lockon weapons are FULL OF FAIL

So .. can we get a buff to our rotary/hailstorm guns? FOR GOD SAKES...
  11. Tytos

Those weapons are good as they are, an air-duel shouldn't be over in 2 seconds.
  12. VoidMagic

O I love air duels too... but, between the bailing, the bursters, the other lockons, the esf pile on's, the kill stealing and my general frustration level at this point... I'd rather just get the kill.

If ESF were left to ESF even part of the time, I'd agree, but as it is... just buff our A2A guns.
  13. Ronin Oni

OP should try going back to fuel.

Screw A2AM's... they should be removed from the game TBQFH... nerfed into uselessness is the next best thing.

round of applause to SOE... now lets make those annihilators unequivocally useless too :D :D :D

Oh, and rotary's are perfectly fine IMO.
  14. FigM

I would make the case that the flying game is more fun without A2A rockets. You have to work a little harder for the kill and you get excited more. It's too late in the game to just remove them, but their effectiveness should be nerfed so that people choose to use guns and pods for dog fighting. It's for their own long term benefit
  15. Tasogie

I tend to agree, I have noticed I get alot of nose to nose gun kills as we pass each other, but if I switch to A2A things change, they usually roll an dive for ground instantly to crash.
  16. GraphicJ

Well you're sarcasm is at least 2/3 right. ;)
    [IMG]
  17. Rhumald

don't worry, I'm sure this is all a part of a process to make you hate your current launchers, so you'll buy the new ones coming out at the end of the month, and proclaim them as Godly compared to every other launcher.
  18. Ronin Oni

o_O

I was being serious.

A2AM's were a horrible idea and I'm glad they got harder to use (though I think OP just can't keep his sights on target TBQFH)

and I do want annihilators nerfed into the ground... I wish they never made the bloody thing. I wish they'd remove it and refund everyone who bought it. Want lockon? (which I oppose being in the game at all, but w/e) then at a BARE MINIMUM you should need to chose which type of target you can lock onto like the original ones.

and the Rotary is still fine... I still use it as my standard loadout (Rotary, AB Fuel, Radar, Stealth, Speed frame)
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

I'll nose dive if I can't avoid a tail with lock-ons...

if you are gonna kill me with SKILL... ie; your canons... I'll do what I can to survive but you kill me the kill is yours.

If you're some A2AM scrub... to hell with you. No kill and minimum points possible.

I have zero respect for A2AM users.

Oh, and the missiles in this game have stupid tracking.... They've done 180s following me around a tight turn around a "land bridge" (it was a thin lil thing, a real tight turn).

It hit me on the tail... so I know it fully followed me on that turn.

BS. I was actually hoping it was .25 secodns further behind me than it was as it woulda hit the landbridge instead of following me around it (and 1 second behind I woulda ended up coming around and flying into it)

The timing window would be barely larger... but if it PASSES you, it shouldn't be able to 180 and get you....
    • Up x 1
  20. Tasogie

An yet, A2A is a valid an vital weapon to Air combat... there is nothing wrong with it at all, an saying you will not suicide if its guns only is silly an childish mate. kill is a kill be it ramming them, Missiles or guns, good luck to the guy if he gets a kill he gets it.If he has missile lock its down to you to get away from it, get in the weeds an fly through canyons, its all but impossible to maintain a missile lock when your not flying straight.