Hotfix - that was quick!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tigga, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Tigga

2. TheWolf1973

Good quesstion. No idea. SOE seems to be clueless about patches, so who knows. It should be #1, but........
  3. Vertabrae

Long as the frame rate and rendering is fixed, that is all I care about tonight.
    • Up x 10
  4. MeowMix986367

Spawning with no health bug is still not fixed.

A Biolab teleporter room inside the lab had no shields, so it is a death camp. I forget which one it is.

MAX Bursters shooting vehicles cause a lightshow that drops everyone to 1fps.

Annihilator rockets often swerve now and into the ground making them useless when they do this. The tracking needs to be adjusted to not do this. They were better prior to this patch even though the swerve looks neater.

When using LA jump packs you shake everywhere. Annoying. How about removing the shake, add a loud rocket noise and a smoke trail behind us? THAT would be cooler.

You randomly get the "THIS IS A RESTRICTED AREA! LEAVE OR DIE!" when you're not in a restricted area. The flashing and annoying is in the middle of the screen until you die.

When you push up against a shield door this same thing happens as well. Also you hear about 10 ladies all yelling about it.

While using gun turrets in tanks is smoother, the secondary guns on them and Sunderers are now WAY too sensitive. It's like your mouse goes to 3600 DPI. Very inaccurate and annoying.

I also crashed to desktop about 5 times or so, when I never had this happen before this patch.

Despite all this? I LOVE THIS PATCH. THANK YOU! Not sarcasm!
    • Up x 1
  5. Nocturnal7x

They better fix the damn lag.
    • Up x 2
  6. Peacemaker12

WOW. I'm incredibly impressed by how quickly SoE resolves these issues. I've never seen a F2P developer so on the ball about these types of things; they usually just wait until Monday to even START on fixing bugs and then take a week to implement them.
    • Up x 9
  7. Phyr

All I know is that it wont be good enough for this forum.
    • Up x 9
  8. Vertabrae

You got that right.
    • Up x 6
  9. Gavyne

I do appreciate the devs & coders working all day on a SATURDAY to get the issues fixed...possibly after having worked overtime Friday to push the patch out.

Good stuff SOE.
    • Up x 10
  10. Daioh

that is not a bug, that is making the AP worth the certs.
  11. Ryko Nailo

My guess is the OPs guess though I fear the fps issues are not in due to being much harder to track down unlike the other two.
  12. MeowMix986367

Actually, someone mentioned they misplaced a decimal point for the velocity and it's currently way way too fast.
  13. Ryko Nailo

Right cause having 600 meters a second bullet speed which is basically double non deploy mode / vanguard, and triple magrider is CLEARLY not a bug when the tooltip says 20%. Clearly the tooltip is meant to be 200% not the other way around.;)
  14. rockman202

I thought the lag spikes was due to vehicles, every time I look at a huge group of vehicles, my game lags out like no other. Doesn't do this with Infantry, just vehicles.
  15. FireKetchup

16. Grotpar

Well, I know they won't be fixing the med kits anytime soon.
    • Up x 2
  17. Razzyman

Their wording did seem to indicate multiple resolutions, though personally, the FPS issue is on the top of my list. Large battles put me at 3 FPS consistently, was tough to get much done at that point. =P
  18. Daioh

i thought the Forums were made to claim that your overpowered weapons were balanced

sorry...
    • Up x 2
  19. Hoki

This is pathetic. They need a public test server.
    Supposedly they didn't test the anchored mode at all they just changed some numbers in an excel spreadsheet and shipped it, fat fingering in 20.0 instead of 0.2 for anchored mode multiplier.
  20. Cl1mh4224rd

Heh. Very few seem to be consciously aware that the patch went out at 4:00 AM on a Saturday, SOE time. Even fewer seem to sympathize with those folks at SOE who are put into such a position. And then for some of them to come in (or stay) and work a significant chunk of their Saturday to fix some unfortunate issues with the patch? I, for one, am impressed.

How many of you are actually willing to dedicate that kind of time to your job?
    • Up x 11