What do Noobs do that Annoy You?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrecentralGyrus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. colalin

One of the things I used to pinch myself for is reviving dead teammates in clear sight of enemies. I'd see the skull and immediately run up to them, instead of checking the surroundings first. To make matters worse, I didn't invest in the med app when I started out as combat medic, so you can imagine trying to survive in the open after you get a level 1 revive.
    • Up x 3
  2. MrPokealot

They buy hacks and use them on planetside. That annoys the **** out of me.
    • Up x 9
  3. Jacobsson

Shoot at generators and SCU's thinking that's how you destroy them.
    • Up x 21
  4. Iksniljiksul

Run me over when I get in a MAX suit. Shoot me for no damn reason. Shoot everything they see when we're on the move. Call out every target when I'm trying to sneak up on a tank. Cower in the spawn room, behind a rock, or on the bridge when we clearly have the numbers to make a solid push. End up going to attack the Crown when they have no intention of actually taking it. Taunting the enemy instead of acting like gentlemen. Not covering each other in a fire fight. Stepping in front of me to get the kill. Not shooting anything that isn't already damaged so they get the kill. Using a low level medic tool to rez me. Trying to rez me when I know the sniper or guys who killed me is still there. Camping anything anywhere at any time. Leaving capture points to go camp the spawn room, where they are ones who end up dying is droves. Blowing up my mines to place their own. Refusing to pull an Engineer to repair other MAX units. Not dropping ammo when they can. Running around shouting for a heal when all they have to do is suit a medic and hit the regen for a second then suit back. Etc etc.
    • Up x 10
  5. Dusty Lens

Most of my pet peeves surround people who might not be noobs but are extremely kill hungry. Generally the types you find in the warm embrace of the zerg.

Brilliant tactics such as covering every entrance at the top of a tower to shoot inwards, towards the center, should someone pop up. Four doors facing each other full of people shooting towards the center. With a large enough group you lose 2-3 guys a pop. It's fantastic.

But the true testimony to human derp finds its throne within the teleport rooms of a biolab. The number of people who see your rifle flashing, assume you're shooting at something good, jump in front of you to steal the kill for themselves (I can only presume they have a plan with some kind of achievable goal, rather than simply walking in front of a firing weapon time and again) and promptly finding themselves cut down by the stationary guy looking down his site.

To say nothing of their amazement when the sticky grenade they're all but pressing their nipples against blows them to hell. With nary an interest in evading demonstrated.

I know things can get chaotic in these games. But when I can't distinguish the human beings playing around me from the NPCs in Battlefront 1 something has gone terribly wrong.
    • Up x 12
  6. MrLorgy

Noobs shooting me when I use a different Camo.

It's like you can see them **** themselves, coming around a corner seeing me in my skull mask and super SCARY giraffe armor.
    • Up x 7
  7. Celair

Standing in front of me just as I fire my sniper, getting their own head taken off instead of that enemy medic/engineer I've been lining up.

People that run up to my position and start firing at targets well out of their gun's range, giving me away and blowing whatever chance I had at sneaking by/flanking.

MAXs that stand in front of those tiny shield doors in teleport rooms (especially NC MAXs that can't hit a thing from their position).

MAXs that don't know/care that my repair tool has to cool down, and get mad or run off unrepaired as I wait for it to do so.

The occasional friendly that thinks I'm sniping at them and returns fire, when in fact I was trying to save their *** from the HA that was just around the corner, possibly forcing me to kill them in order to eliminate the enemy. (Spoiler: My aim gets jerked around, HA kills friendly, and possibly me shortly thereafter)

Anyone that destroys a terminal/turret AS I'M HACKING THE BLASTED THING.
    • Up x 11
  8. AUSGrizzly

1: Standing in front of the Spawn Room Door trying to kill those inside.
    2: Not shutting down the SCU.
    3: Failing to actually play their Support Roles correctly.
    4: Sniper Bunching.
    5: Yet another Sniper.
    6: Repairing Shield Generator too Early. (Shooting at Sundy inside Amp/Tech? Opp Shield up now blocking your shots.)
    7: Repairing Shield Generator too Late. (Base about to be capped. Good thing the Shields are down, your Platoon can just crash down onto the Point. Opp Shield Up, Base Flipped, their shield now)
    8: Reviving you in Middle of Battle/Crossfire.
    9: Spamming Comms asking for what to do, then talking over you when you try to tell them.
    10: Destroying a Terminal/Turret for no reason other then EXP during an attack.
    • Up x 5
  9. softgrip

Infiltrators who do anything EXCEPT infiltrate.

Sundy deployers who are either under the bridge, or far south on crown - stopping any "braver" sundies deploying, and feeding the enemy 100s of cheap kills. (It's quite ok to friendly AT mine these).

Spawners on the above sundies... especially infiltrator bunches.

Terminal destroyers.

Crowded tower grenade bandits.

Crowded tower shotgun and LMG bandits.

Parking a sundy just outside a vehicle spawn.

Headlights.

Not standing on flags.

Shooting friendly C4 or mines.

(There are more, but this post is making me angry)
    • Up x 1
  10. h00n

Hiding in teleporter rooms. Seriously, if you won't serve on the front, you will serve on the firing line.

FORWARD.
  11. Phaze

It doesn't annoy me... cuz it helps boost my K/D ratio.... but I'm always amazed at the guys that try and run through the forcefields into spawn rooms - before the capture happens AND while there are still people inside shooting out.

I'm also amused by the slightly more clever ones that try and crouch somewhere.... somewhere still in plain firing range and view from inside the spawn room :)
  12. Necron

Join VS because they are so easy :(
    • Up x 2
  13. Fallout10mm

Shooting me when Its dam obvious I'm a teammate in a secure area. had that happen 5 times, and most of those times was when they were gunning a tank.
  14. MiZrY

People who spawn a vehicle then sit there and don't move...... meanwhile other people are spawning vehicles and smacking into the back of said non-moving vehicle leading to someone spawning a vehicle while someone is stuck on the spawn pad..... which leads to that vehicle exploding.
    • Up x 3
  15. Geekker

Player crying for a medic. I walk to them to heal them they run away crying for a medic. Same goes for ammo and Engineers but then people tend to walk around blocking every ammo drop :p

While walking into a door allies with Sunderers tend to slam into it and kill me.

When blocking off spawn rooms trying to prevent the enemy from getting out. I sit in one corner with a perfect view, nothing happens until an enemie comes out. Everyone throws grenades and jump infront of each other to get the kill. It ends with at least 2 teamkills from grenades or gun fire.

Similar situation but more stupid. A whole platoon secures the spawn rooms at a tower. Everyone is in position. There are not always comming enemies out of it but when they do, some noob scumbag HA thinks its a good idea to shoots his rocket launcher into the infantry mass to get that one kill (or not) and killing dozen allies as well.

To sum it up. Greedy people :)
    • Up x 1
  16. centurionvi

Grenade spam.
  17. SternLX

That gets and instant boot from my Sundy when Pubies do that. Unit mates know better... because I yell at them in Voice comms to knock it off.

My number one noob pet peeve... testing their guns out on every single person standing around the WG(Destroying their Accuracy rating in the process). REALLY annoying when I'm in the menu's looking at Certs. I've got to the point were I mute my sound when in the WG.
  18. Areski

Run over my ATV I'm driving on the side of the road, if not off-road completely, after repairing their vehicle.
    Or at all.
    If I'm in the road, fine. ATVs should know better than to drive in the middle of a road with friendly vehicles nearby.
  19. LameFox

Spawn and immediately shoot a teammate to see what happens.

It's ridiculous, especially in bio-labs. I end up so close to weapon-lock most of the time I'm in one from explaining the folly of their ways to them.
  20. LameFox

Tailgunners do that a lot too. I like to ask them if they brought a parachute...
    • Up x 1