What do Noobs do that Annoy You?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrecentralGyrus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. PrecentralGyrus

Hey guys,

I'm making a Planetside 2 Machinima, and I am brainstorming topics for it. One thing I know I'm going to focus on is noobs, and "nooby" behavior. Specifically I'm thinking about classes. So my question for you is: what do Planetside 2 noobs do in the classes in-game that really annoy you? Do you have any stereotypes for annoying nooby behavior that noobs always do?

Thank you everyone!
    • Up x 4
  2. Suriakk

Deploying the Sunderer in the middle of the feild between Crossroads and TI Alloys.
    • Up x 12
  3. Dulu

Running in front of my moderately damaged tank that's going 40+ KPH, to "repair" it.

Yes, I run over a lot of people when I'm tanking.
    • Up x 8
  4. MykeMichail

Last night I was standing completely still guarding a jump pad landing pad and shotgunning down every guy who jumped up in 2-3 shots.

And at the same time, every time someone came up some noob standing behind me would manage to shoot me in the back with his NC6 Gauss SAW.

It was like he was trying to use me as cover so the enemy weren't likely to hit him.

Before that, we were in a building, and I was standing on a corner ready for people to come into the doorway. Every time an enemy came through the doorway, he managed to shoot me in the back. Not once or twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES every time an enemy came in to the point where I sat in a corner waiting for my shield to recharge about 3 times within a minute.

Eventually I got sick of his failure to shoot at enemies without hitting me and turned around and shotgunned him to the face.
    • Up x 15
  5. Suriakk

I TK stupids all the time.
    • Up x 4
  6. GhostAvatar

The most annoying ones are those that decide to stand in front on a engineers turret. I normally just let rip if a enemy comes into sight regardless of them standing in front of me, hopefully they will get the point when they die.
    • Up x 8
  7. Crywalker

Drive their vehicle behind my tank so I can't retreat once rockets are coming at me.
    • Up x 24
  8. robo

New players (and some experienced ones) need to quickly learn that the spawn room door shields can only be fired through by the faction that owns the door. Which means you should not stand in front of them, nor fire an explosive at one point-blank. :D
    • Up x 18
  9. Paincov3

I snuck a Sundy onto the crown by C (you can do this on Guenudine) and deployed. Teammates started spawning in as I took out turrets with my Bulldog. The sundy was taking damage but I was keeping it healed while jumping in the bulldog turret to keep off the C4/Mine suicides.

Just as we were starting to get a foothold, guy jumps in my bulldog spot and starts shooting at targets at TI Alloys. This wakes up a tank and a turret at TI and they take out my Sundy. Siege lost. It's been squad locks for me since then.
    • Up x 9
  10. St0mpy

Firing the sunderer guns at anything that moves alerting world+dog to our location
    • Up x 37
  11. {joer

destroying terminals...
    Destroying Terminals....
    DESTROYING TERMINALS.....
    DESTROYING TERMINALS.....
    :mad:
    • Up x 41
  12. MasterChiefette

This...I really wish we Sundy drivers could lock guns only - instead of the whole vehicle to non-squad members. It pisses me off that people waste ammo just shooting weapons and on top of that - it makes the Sundy prime #1 target because it sticks out on the map when they do shoot them. Idiots!
    • Up x 10
  13. SarahM

• Crying for ammo and running away.
    • Crying for repairs and running away.
    • Not putting down ammo as engie. (I wonder if people don't know about the turret ammo pack.)
    • Lolpodding/liberatoring the [expletive] out of freind and foe alike.
    • Ignore the satellite bases on large facilities and wonder where all the enemies come from.

... while, at the same time, ignoring the tank right in front of you. Seems like gunners come in three groups: hyperactive, cabbages (won't shoot at all) and decent. Unfortunably, the last group is the smallest.
    Anyway... can't repeat this often enough: Default guns on the sundy can damage vehicles!
    • Up x 7
  14. WycliffSlim

Spamming grenades into a building that friendlies are clearly running into because... LOL FRAG OUT! While this isn't only noobs I've noticed that I get TK'd by frags much more often by BR 10 and lower than anyone else.

When I'm on a nice hill sniping away from safety and a HA decides to come up right beside me and start spraying with his LMG from 100m away or, even worse start launching rockets.

Even though someone already said this it can not be said enough. Destroying Terminals!!! I honestly just start shooting people in the back of the head when they do that, especially when I politely proximity chat them asking them to stop.
    • Up x 7
  15. Sock

Make dumb posts on the forums.
    • Up x 10
  16. Vultraz

Throwing grenades inside the control point room while 50+ teammates are standing on it capping.
    I swear to god.

Also, ******* DESTROYING TERMINALS.
    • Up x 8
  17. fish998

Leaving headlights on.
    • Up x 20
  18. Llaf

Friendly firing me as a cloaked infiltrator because they can't tell if I'm friend or foe, sometimes take FF wearing giraffe camo too.
    • Up x 4
  19. Cougarbrit

Medics who don't press F.

Oh and the fact they will never defend a Sunderer, as if it is some invincible spawn point that doesn't need engineers repairing it when it's getting shot at.

Thought of another one. Engineers who stack ammo at the same spot. Go ahead if there's nowhere else decent to put it but I can't imagine of very many times that'd be the case. Instead however they insist on placing it on the same spot as mine or some other engi's and all it leads to is a big cluster of the other classes who have no to choice of where to go for ammo and thus a poor spread of a firing line, so now usually I'll put my ammo pack near just a couple of people (usually snipers or 'sniping' HAs) and ignore clusters unless there's no other engis.
    • Up x 7
  20. JPRampage

I'm a MAX: "I need repairs"
    Noob engie looks at me and goes "I can't repair you, you're a person!!!" Noob engie runs away.

I'm a dead MAX thinking "revive me!!!"
    Noob medic goes "I can't revive you, you're a machine!!!"

Thanks guys :rolleyes:
    • Up x 40