does anyone know what time the jan patch will be out ...is it tonight ??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DJStacy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. MrBloodworth

They have been.
  2. Tang60

Hit LIKE ??,,I thought about reporting him for posting the delay,,no kidding :)
  3. Wineclaw

Still better than seeing it on Higby's twitter feed day of...
  4. Bloodmyth

Muppets
  5. CommodoreFrank

While I'm sad that it's delayed, I think I can speak for many in saying that we appreciate the communication about it.
  6. Isila

This is what happens when you decide to mess with your patches last-minute because of forum popularity contests (read: Road Map).
  7. Vortok

Because some people are sick of watching game companies push buggy products out the door and say "no worries, we'll patch it after retail!" and are glad when devs are actually willing to say "no, not ready quite yet. Delay it a little bit" because it really isn't the end of the world if it takes slightly longer to release.

And no, that's not a dig at PS2. I started playing it at release and had an absolute blast. It's why I'm still here. There are other companies out there with reputations for shipping games that are extremely buggy with the intent (not always followed through on) of patching them post release.
    • Up x 1
  8. Suriakk

Pedo....
  9. Wren

They could have at least given us some Patch Notes to tide us over.
    • Up x 1
  10. fish998

Personally I'd rather have a working patch 1-2 days later than an on-time patch with some game breaking bug that ruins the next 2 nights play. Have you seen how much stick SOE get round here for releasing anything that's buggy? If anything they don't test enough.

Hopefully the med kit resupply fix is included. Come on SOE that's quite a big bug.
    • Up x 2
  11. fastdak255

The fact they've delayed the patch two days has be a bit concerned. While upfront that should be a good thing, meaning they are making sure everything is good to go, I'm expecting the patch to just be riddled with bugs and/or more game breaking code
  12. Edgar Allan Bro

Exactly. That's what most people are thinking "hey it's cool, I'm glad because now they can fix all the bugs and such".... I highly doubt it.
  13. Drsexxytime

Then at least put in the SMGs ffs... UES was a waste of manpower then and should've been focused onto this.

It'll be a mess. Good thing they gave a 12hr notice on the patch being delayed too instead of knowing well enough probably days in advance this would be the case. "Bug free patch!" brigade must be new to gaming. It'll release with bugs and glitches, some new game crippling exploit. It's going to happen.
    Especially frustrating when it's things going in from Beta, but didn't go live that are supposed to be in this patch now. No, I'm not a dev, but yes I have met devs over the years in gaming and talk to them regularly. But even one of the guys that plays this with me who's a dev said "uh oh" when I msgd him this info.
  14. Cougarbrit

Pretty sure there wasn't a mass of SOE dev manpower there.
  15. MurderBunneh

I was more concerned with people who can cloak getting one. I don't think giving the lowest ttk guns in the game to invisible people is a good idea sorry.
    • Up x 1
  16. Drsexxytime

Lol, I'm sure though the thought counts of them. Regardless, at least put in the SMGs since I'm sure that's not too hard assuming their patches to this stuff is compartmentalized anyways for small store patching and such.
  17. Bindlestiff

I'm a dev and to be honest, if its anything like the projects I've worked on - and certainly in a project this big - a day or two delay it isn't going to indicate anything major. Perhaps a removal of something that needs a quick test to make sure the removal has not broken anything, or a few tweaks are needed here and there because one or two additions don't feel quite right yet and need a touch more time to bed in. Yes, it would be cutting it fine but thats development. Does anyone remember Sensible Soccer? I remember reading an article when it came out regarding headers; the developers said 'it worked first time, otherwise we'd have taken it out and there wouldn't have been any headers in the game". Not relevant to the scale of the game for sure, but relevant in the fact that these things happen.

If they said end of Feb, well thats a different story and something would be seriously wrong.
    • Up x 1
  18. bwdodd

You guys are just like Sony's abused spouse that keeps coming back for more.
    There's no reason to complain because this is expected and already established pattern from Sony.
  19. Axxm

lol, why do developers give us the exact day they're releasing it. They should say the patch comes out "middle of feb" so that way you don't get everyone all excited and just incase you need that time you can, and then you can change it and say "patch ahead of schedule being released now". Would make SOE look better then they already do with their amazing customer service and the feedback they take from players. Might have some complaints about how long they take, but if you surprise them it'll all be magic.

But this sucks, was kind of hyped for this one...Hope it's not too much "later this week"
  20. Biytor

This means you're going to release it on Friday and bugger everyone's weekend? Why can't we get patch releases on Monday and have the week to tweak them instead of weekends of unending frustration because a bug got through?