Anti-tank mines should not be usable as C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cilrael-sa-Altarii, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Cilrael-sa-Altarii

Let me explain: i see a lot of light assault having anti-tank mines. It's cool but why these mines are not reserved to engineer and/or heavy assault ? To make LA useful ?

But there is a big problem ! LA guys always use their jet pack to fly on you -ok, i understand it's unseful- but then they put a mine on your tank and... it blows up, with a single mine as if you got anti-mine perk...

The weirdiest thing is when they do the same with turrets... I see and also get killed a lot of times by LA guys putting AT mine on my turret...

So, four solutions:
    - Remove AT mine from the LA (i think this is the best, reality based, otpion.)
    - Nerf AT mine because it is waaaaay to powerfull for the rendering distance they got ( 30 meters on my very powerfull config. You and I know that 30 meters are fast passed when in vehicule.), and to avoid this LA ATmine problem.
    - add a timer before the mine can explode and also add a "MINE" with bip bip warning when near a mine.
    - Do nothing, stand with a very annoying issues which act as the same as a glitch.
    • Up x 3
  2. HyperMatrix

Uhmm...LA has anti-tank mines?? I was not aware of this. My biggest problem with Anti-Tank mines is the damage they do to infantry, but most important and most critical, is being placed under immobile vehicles and still blowing up...it sh ould only be activated if the vehicle moves over it. Not while stationary. It's not C4. Or a stronger form of C4. But that's how it acts atm against vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bambolero

LAs don't have tank mines, only C4...
    Mines are Engy thing.
    LA destroys a turret by placing 2 sticks of C4 (200 resources) on it.. which you can repair right after.
    What was your problem again?
  4. BALLISTIX32

I agree its quite annoying to see an engi toss a land mine at a stationary sundy and blow it to ****. The vehicle should have to be in motion for it to work. I have faith though the Devs will look into it.
    • Up x 2
  5. AccelPrime

I have never seen an LA run with AT mines, which isn't odd since AT mines are restricted to the engi class.
  6. Crywalker

LA doesn't have tank mines, as much as I wish they did since they're basically a superior AV C4 which'd be much more effective in the hands of LAs than engineers.
  7. Cilrael-sa-Altarii

Sorry, mistake from my own. LA doesn't have AT mines ... >_<

Nevertheless, These are basicly too powerfull and shouldn't act the same as now. I mean, it cost the same amount of Certs and inf credits but its 3 times better !
    If a sunderer takes the AM buff, it loses ability to supply or repair other vehicules (very important). It takes 3 C4 to OS a sunderer and only 1 mine to take it down with a mine. Mines should worth a very high amount of inf creds, a least 3 times more than now or be serriously nerfed.
  8. MarkAntony

If the sunderer takes AMS it can still take vehicle resupply.
  9. LoneMaverick

A: it takes 2 mines.

B: Protect your sunderer, or be prepared to lose it.

C: sure, set it up so it takes 5 to kill a sundy, but let me deploy 20 mines, and make them 5 InfRes each.

D: sure, set it so they dont explode underneath a parked vehicle, my grenade will set them off just fine.
    • Up x 8
  10. Garakan

AT Mines need a Timer till they are active. 5 Seconds should be enough to ensure that they are not just a better version of C4 against Vehicles.
  11. Afifikas

Go cert into the AT mines as an engineer and read the tool tip.

It says that it is a PROXIMITY mine. Go read up the definition of PROXIMITY.
    • Up x 3
  12. FeiXue

As pointed out, they are Engies. They die in about one second if you shoot at them while they are running towards your Sundie. They don't shoot back because they don't want to draw attention. In those three seconds they have (2 before you see them and 1 before they die to your bullets) they can cover 15m. So stop being respawn XP ***** and place Sundie further away or get better at spotting/hitting them. Cert Mine Guard.

If you are complaining from a Tank driver point of view then all I can give you is /facepalm
    • Up x 2
  13. HadesR

Do they have a directional blast or is it an AOE ?

If the latter then maybe should be changed so the majority of the blast always goes upwards .. To the sides and below only dealing 20% damage.
  14. VSMars

AT mines?

Doesn't matter, any Engi worth his salt will toss them right under the vehicle anyway if it's a stationary one (deployed Sundy or some tank without infantry cover and not paying attention to their surroundings).
  15. Goodname

You guys seriously underestimate how easy it is to get close to a sunderer. Just throw some giraffe camo on and do a Leo strut past 20 enemies. You'll be dropping mines before they notice. If that doesn't work, you can fly over and drop mines out of the air or whatever.
  16. AdrIneX

First of, LA can't use mines, Engineers do. Second, Engineers take a huge risk by charging at the enemy tank and exposing themselves to everyone and everything which is why it shouldn't be hard for YOU to take him out. If you fail to notice him then kudos to the guy for outsmarting you.
  17. Dkamanus

So, how does one protect a sunderer from a recently deployed drop pod right above the sunderer and the engineer in less then 3 seconds drops two mines destroying it?

People are still defending a crutch they don't wanna lose. They should reformulate the mines role and how mines works.
  18. Achmed20

have you ever seen how fast they can drop tank mines? its like a terran gun.
    it takes like 4-5 seconds to drop 2 c4 but like 0.5 sec to drop 2 tank mines.

they only part they really should nerf is the droprate of tankmines.
  19. VSMars

Mine Guard.

Level 1 of it already makes Engies with "just" two tank mines sad pandas.
    • Up x 3
  20. Roxputin

So tank mines were not even addressed in the 02.02.2013 Update? This is a game breaker imo. Tank mines should not be able to be deployed in a detonatable distance from a vehicle that is parked. Also tank mines should have to be placed, like the way engineers ammo pack is, in order to be armed. Engineers should not be able to just throw tank mines on the ground, it should have a detonatable time period before it is armed.

Please tell me that this is/was addressed in the 02.02.2013 update and i am just not seeing it in the patch notes. If it is not in the patch then someone please tell me that this is going to be addressed.
    • Up x 2