Rate UES

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xoan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. iamrob7

Loved it personally, hope there will be more of them. Just a shame the NC and TR didn't organise themselves or prepare anything like aswell as the Vanu on Cobalt.
  2. Pemtaphalon

also if its not compeettetive then why call it the UES
    Ultimate = grand and usully final
    Empire = which team
    Showdown = one team has to come out on top

competition
  3. TheShrapnelKing

This was complete horsecrap.

First of all, the servers needed a RESET before this started, with all the territory uncaptured and everyone teleported back to the Warp Gate. Then the challenges would be fair. The second challenge should have been done at The Ascent not a point a few hexes from the ******* VS Warpgate which makes it virtually impossible for the TR to win.

Plus, their livestream was utter ****, I've never seen such a bad stream even from random cod kids. Half the ******* time there was no audio and about a third of the time there was no video, and all of the time it was lagged. Also, their commentary was ****.

LevelCap should have been the ******* commentator - his insight an analysis would have been GOOD.
    • Up x 2
  4. synth3tk

I played all night, so I can't comment on the stream. Judging from the comments, though, I would have been better off painting my entire apartment and watching it dry.

Let's give SOE a gold leaf, because that was a Major Fail. I guess we can all ignore the fact that Waterson (among other servers) were pre-capped before the event. It's not like they have any way of reseting all the servers' map. Actually, if that previous statement is true, then they really had no business running it the way they did.

The Bastion. Most fun I had all night. Not because of the stupid setup (VS already had it, then held it the entire time), but because of the lag. Seeing 20 grenades on Charlie point was hilarious. And watching a bunch of VS and TR sit next to each other unknowingly was awesome. And dying before I see my death? Best part. No, I'm not joking. I had fun during that.

Also, who the **** thought it was a jolly good idea to not only release the objectives, but release them in order, before the actual event?!? Are you mad? This is Competition/Tournament Organization 101.

I don't know why I expected more, though. This was, after all, a publicity stunt. Well good job, SOE. You got some publicity.

Take some notes from this event, if you even have the guts to follow up this terrible attempt at a global competition.
    • Up x 3
  5. Leroy Jenkens

My opinion -- Fail.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kiekeboe

There were so many bad things going on.
    It was FAIL and I hope SOE can look back and aknowledge it that it was a Fail event and make a good event next time.
    • Up x 1
  7. gobies

I stopped watching. Other than the lag it seemed like the first twenty minutes (all I watched) was put on by a highschool tech crew.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bravix

It wasn't perfect, but I'd say pass.

VS already having Bastion was bad. Not wiping the conts clean before events was bad. The laggy bastion was bad. But overall, I had a blast. Lots of tactical combat was had.

I'm basing this purely on the event itself, not the twitch stuff.
  9. SinerAthin

Any idea where I can even see UES?

All I found was some bad commentary, and a LOT of reused trailers...
    • Up x 4
  10. Xada

I had fun but the event was just a rat race. You don't send 2000 people to the same place, that sounds fun as hell, but realistically is just a lagfest. Whoever owns the point would just continue to own it.

So yeah, kinda fail
  11. Azurewind

Absolute, total, and utter failure on all fronts streamviewing and playing.

Pretty much my whole outfit is incredibly disappointed in the failure of coordination and planning in this event. No reset of the territories to ensure fair play after each challenge is an asinine mistake made worse by Higby's smug "Well you should've taken the territory before the event started" response on stream.

Terrible poorly planned PR circus. Fail

This doesn't even come close to explaining why the results were the way the were.
    • Up x 3
  12. Areski

I can tell you that being at the event was pretty boring. I left between the first and second events because there was literally nothing for spectators there.
    • Up x 1
  13. synth3tk

No.
  14. LittleDi

Who won? Not the players...
    • Up x 1
  15. XanderF

Fail, no question.

Two things needed fixing for this to be workable:
    • Stream was abominable. Kept dropping, TwitchTV mobile app didn't work, delays, etc.
    • Server started with map 100% locked by Vanu. Ridiculous for a match to start with a map locked down - server (or, at least, continent) should have reset before each of the three 'events'.
    • Up x 2
  16. Rendezvous

Commentating- Fail
    Showcase of all three factions- Fail
    Sportsmanship- Fail
    Ignoring NC- Pass
    Making biased challenges- Pass

Giving the game more publicity and more money- EPIC PASS
    Giving the players a great time- EPIC FAIL
    • Up x 2
  17. ReNiki

Little problems with twitch.tv stream, but other than that it was really enjoyable. :) I hope to see more of these. Maybe once a month ;) I really liked the challenges, it was like the metagame I want in the regular game.
  18. Gav7x

Agreed.
    FAIL.
    • Up x 1
  19. Wren

I really enjoyed that 3 hour Amerish queue on my own server (connery)
  20. bluEyedillusions

Buncha negative nancies. That's the only real fail I see.