Rate UES

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xoan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CMouse

The battle was passible... except a few instances of hackers insta gibbing 1/2 the defenders and invinsi-Libs controling the air.....
  2. JudgeDeath

Such a disapointment ... Our outfit guys on EU stayed up long waiting for big fights and epic battling .. we ended up with empty continent where the enemies did one push during the first event ... thats it.

In anticipation of the third event "Flight of the galaxies", we pulled all platoons from the warpgates after the second one and holed up into the ascent... then the GMs decide to hit us with the landgrab challenge instead. Good way to just throw that freebie we gave .. away and waste the only opportunity to actually get something going on.

Yeah thank you very much ...so we were forced to roll back to push the NC and TR to their gates and held them there till the anticlimax end.

No rewards no reason and half *** organization ... really disapointed. -FAIL by a huge margin. Not to mention you didnt even keep to your original and posted event plan.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tharrn

Good idea, badly carried out. Didn't know this was Twitterside 2 but will keep it in mind.
    • Up x 2
  4. Blaaaaaaag

Eh, I'll give it a pass. I don't really see what all the fuss is about, I wasn't expecting anything amazing, and I got pretty much exactly what I expected. Also, it was surprisingly smooth and functional, in a not-very-laggy sort of way.
  5. VSMars

That "one female reporter" was Adrianne Curry and while you wouldn't know it from watching, she actually does play MMOs.

... Well, ok, that's not quite true. She plays World of Warcraft, which is a glorified single-player themepark with some global chat and co-op keyboard dance sessions (called the "raids" for some reason) nowadays.

As for the event: it was a FAIL even before it started, and it firmly stayed that way.
    • Up x 1
  6. Killjoy2503

**** this noob event. Completely biased, towards TR , if they can win through Twitter votes.. Look the ******* event itself.. Vanu dominated.
    Just because we weren't spamming Twitter, but instead playing the game. We lost?

I feel gutted by SOE. Last time i've spent any cash on this game tbh.jj
    • Up x 1
  7. ThundaHawkPS

???
  8. Machine Spirit

what finished this entire event off for me was that the winners were determined by votes? if we had known that before hand we'd have kept Toby, but because we thought it would be determined by the challange victor, we wanted someone who was good at the game.

since when is a battle determined by votes? I mean.. WTF atleast had given the NC the price then, their team atleast was sportsman like.
    • Up x 1
  9. onemancrewbtf

Short. FAIL.
    • Up x 1
  10. An Hero

[IMG]

I am sueing them, I got cancer just watching it.
  11. VSMars

Which part of my text didn't you understand, exactly?
  12. Neptr

UES more like the UTS Ultimate Twitter Showdown. I guess next time we have an event like this we should all log off game and vote on whatever social media is the flavor of the month. FAIL
    • Up x 1
  13. Highduke

Fail, LevelCap did nothing and Helios was just a zerg fest with 70% Vanu... And... Ims till confused how TR won...
  14. Idono

It was a friendly brawl nothing else. It was never an event to promot esports.

Taken straight from Higbys tweet.
  15. Fox Reinhold

Epic Fail. Will not participate in next SoE event.
  16. Zecthans

Well they sure as **** did put it off that way. What do you mean it was never to promote e-sports... They cut off a portion of the event to pan over to the E-sports guy. Clearly It was about E-Sports. They should have done the interview as Audio , from what I remember this ''EVENT'' was about three factions fighting. It was like they really didn't care at all about the people fighting, it was just them getting exposure in e-sports (good luck in doing that btw).
  17. WycliffSlim

I was on Waterson for almost the entire event and I, personally, had a blast. While the rendering at The Bastion was complete crap I never had any issues with lag. In addition, people who say that the Bastion was an easy win for the VS clearly weren't playing VS. We almost lost it multiple times on Waterson. At more than on point the TR and NC had capped all of our points and we only just managed to push them back. It was utter madness and yet amazingly hilarious and awesome. Nothing can quite compare to running into an "empty room" and then suddenly having 5 NC MAX's render right in front of you.

I will admit that I was quite peeved that they awarded the TR the win even though they won fewer challenges than BOTH other empires. But, at the end of the day, it's just a game... it's not like the TR actually got anything and everyone knows that the VS were the real winners. Just take it at face value, it was really pretty impressive what they managed to do. Sure, the streaming wasn't perfect but what would you expect they had dozens of people in one building playing PS2 on a maxed out server. I can't even imagine how much bandwidth they were eating up.

Hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes and make it better executed the next time. To all the people saying, "never giving SOE my money again after this", grow the heck up. Be honest with yourself for a minute and answer how much of an actual difference did this event, no matter your opinion on its quality, actually make in your life. Hopefully you'll see that it really made none and you're just being childish, if that's not your conclusion then you might want to re-evaluate what you allow to effect your life.
  18. Cl1mh4224rd

I only got to watch the stream, but I give it a Pass.

It had it's obvious faults: technical issues with the stream; poor communication about the actual purpose of the challenges and voting, and certain other details of the event (for example, I had no idea the challenges were given to all servers until they put up the first scorecard, but maybe that was just me); and not putting the factions on all servers on even ground just before each challenge. Additionally, I think Challenge #2 was generally a bad idea given the render distance issue.

All in all, though, it really wasn't a bad first event.

Edit:

Can you clarify what you mean by this? Sure he claimed the "VS are over-powered" crowd are just whiners, but he was also rooting for the NC. I'm not sure how you interpret that.
    • Up x 1
  19. Idono

Once again the event didn't have anything with esports to do. They were showcasing stuff that was coming to the game. Showcasing something and having interviews in the stream doesn't mean that the entire event is meant as an esports competitiont. Hell the entire thing was won with votes and not who won the fights.