When Submitting Camos or Decals....

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by TramellRayIsaac, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Methonius Member

Quick question: Once a submission is pending finance. I assume the docs are emailed to us. Is this correct?
    And, if so. How long is the average wait for the docs. Because I have a few camos that say pending finance but have not received anything in email yet. Maybe its because it just hit finance though.
  2. Mavix Member

yeah, in that phase you have to wait for them to email you with the forms. Once you get that in(only took a day for me) and everything checks out then you are good to go for any other submission.
  3. Methonius Member

Cool, thanks.
  4. MooMasher New Member

How do i preview the camo's I have made on a tank etc is there a guide?
  5. TestyVenom Member

6. Scc_001 New Member

[IMG]

Can we figure out how to get these on Libs, Gals, and ESF's?? puhweese.....:D
  7. MasterMagnus Active Member

already done by Rhust.
  8. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

we already have this, just waiting on tech
  9. Scc_001 New Member

Awesome! sorry for not looking through the forums when I first posted this. I have read most of the threads now so I have a better idea of what people have submitted.
  10. imjollyjohn Member

I loath being the one to bring this back up and I realize there is a current over-supply of unique camouflages but I am surely not alone in wondering...

1. Is there an ETA for when camo variations might be released?

2. Will the team seek or welcome input from artists before variations are finalized?
    (Probably a lot of trouble for you guys. On the other hand asking us to fill out a form asking for three colors (shadow, mid, highlight) might save a bit of time on your end.)

3. Will there be some sort of limit to the number of variations?
    (I can imagine there being: three faction, a forest, a snow, a desert, an Indar valley, a swamp, a volcano, an Amerish mountain, a night, a prairie, and an urban variation as being possible. That's 13 variations just off the top of my head. A bit much. I'd hate to see so many dilute the variety that's out there already.)
  11. Ethancol New Member

Where do you actually submit Decals to?
  12. Nicococo Active Member

13. SpartanXZero Member

Question in regards to camo, more specifically the definition of colors. When the guidelines state 3 tones. Black, 50% gray, and white. I find it a very restrictive guideline for creating a wider range of distinct noteworthy camo. Does the 50% gray include a variation of tones of a single color? For example, overlapped reduced opacity of brown considered the same color? Or can you use 3 colors plus black an white?

A little more clarity would be appreciated.
  14. Mavix Member

That 3 tone guideline was basically thrown out from the beginning. You can have a full gradient of colors from white to black but its probably going to be recolored with faction colors. Also, you could make it have gray, green, brown and tan.
    Be aware its unlikely they will be taking more camos anytime soon.
  15. JerreyRough Member

If you submit a camo, you might be waiting more than a year to even see it in the game. With how long some folks have been waiting, maybe even two years...

Even then, there are so many camos that you may make hardly any sales. Make a unique design? SOE might forget about it and make a very similar one (happened with the circuitboard camo).

I would heavily advise against camo. Hardly any bang for your buck, and it won't make a dent in how good your own portfolio is.
  16. PYROxSYCO Member

Can someone update the decal selection, it seems out of date.
  17. Syrah Developer

Do you mean a full list of all the decals somewhere?
    That would be a lot of work and it would be out of date again quickly unless we made someone keep it as part of his or her weekly work. I think that's more investment than we can afford to make into decals since they don't make us any profit.
  18. PYROxSYCO Member

Sorry, if I did not make it clear, but what I meant was some one needs to update the:
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicle_Decals
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_Decals

I don't mean actually make someone do it, i mean let the wikia contributors add in the decals, I know we have more decals than that available.
  19. francesprince New Member

I used to send the same image in jpeg but after seeing everyone here show them as screenshots then I did the same.
  20. fox_news Member

Do you understand how much of a necro that was