What do you need help with?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Rollen, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Lobstrex Member

Need a hand with what these different textures do.
    [IMG]So 'N' is normals (bumpmap), presumable 'S' is specular (shinyness), but what's DS?
  2. TMZulu New Member

Hello, im just starting out with player studio for Planetside 2.
    What i am trying to create is some camos but i am having trouble finding a good step by step guide on how to get those camos applied into the Player Studio Viewer.
    Anyone know a good guide i can look at that is in depth, but also step by step?
  3. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

last i looked (been a few weeks) you could not view camo in the viewer
  4. Mr.Mystery777 New Member

I need to know what the poly count and general limits on creating a model are.
  5. Nicococo Active Member

6. Mr.Mystery777 New Member

Thank you so much, I kept skipping the tab I needed to be in. By chance do you know when the Scope models will be opened again?
  7. Luke Member

I am creating lightning cosmetic armor, and when I try to assign a material to a shading group I get this error.

[IMG]

I've tried exporting a fbx from blender and lightwave, but I get the same error. All uv's are unwrapped. Can anyone help?
  8. MasterMagnus Active Member

This image should help you get past that in Blender.
    [IMG]

If your model has Skeleton/Armature export using ASCII 6.1 for the version (instead of FBX 7.4 binary shown here).
  9. Luke Member

Thanks for the help! I was able to texture the model in player studio by exporting it with those settings. It's a bit odd how it needs all those different things.
  10. Luke Member

One more thing, how do we adjust the smoothing of the model in the player studio viewer? So edges that should be sharp are not smooth and bubbley.
  11. MasterMagnus Active Member

In Blender Shading -> Smooth, also you can select all the verts and mark verts as smooth.

Be aware you need to work with the UV2 to get the render in PSView to look correct. Some things will make it look weird no matter what you do with UV1.
  12. Luke Member

Thanks for the help. I have another problem. I want my model to only have one shading group in psview, but when I export the model from blender and open it in psview, it always has 4 or more shading groups, how can control the number of shading groups I want?
  13. Diolon Member

[IMG]

what does it mean for me? :confused:
  14. Diolon Member

when youre in blender just select your whole mesh in EM and assign all to your one material.
    Then again select all and open in the UV image editor the texture. That should be all ;)
  15. Lobstrex Member

Did you weight your model to a skeleton? Because if not, you'll need to do that too.
  16. Diolon Member

Is there anything I have to know about rigging or can I make just one bone for the hlemet from the neck to the occiput?
  17. Lobstrex Member

18. Diolon Member

Thanks you, I found it!

.. But how can I attach my helmet now to that skeleton? I mean I tried to import the head with the skeleton(In Blender an empty plain axis..?!) and merged it with my helmet. Then I deleted the head verts. But when you export this blender file, the skeleton is gone in the PSV.
    So I found out, that when I import a fbx. and export it again, the skeleton is broken. I think it has something to do with that Empty.
  19. Diolon Member

20. greatdaytoshine New Member

Hi, I'm brand new to modding in general, but am experienced with modeling in general. I'm having issues with some really basic things:

1. Getting the missing texture error even though I've followed the instructions for adding the planetside 2 textures to
    "E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamApps\common\PlanetSide 2\PlayerStudio\PS2PlayerStudio Textures"

2. If I view an .fbx in the Player Studio, I can't add a material because there is no + button "add material", only the - "remove material" button.

3. The UVs in the examples files don't seem to match the provided textures, and I'm not really understanding how to use "provided textures" which seems to be what I'm supposed to do, as they seem to contain tons of image data that is shared with other objects.

I can't find anyone having these issues on the forum, so I'm thinking it's just me not knowing what I'm doing. Obviously the first problem is kind of a show stopper as I can't even get the viewer to work, in order to experiment.

Thank you