VS Hunter helm

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Faven, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Faven Active Member

Hey there, figured I'll jump on the bandwagon of doing a helmet for VS.

This is a first rough and not completely happy with the detail work, needs some more lovin'.
    The overall concept is to create something that feels slick but try to get that layered "shell" feeling in there that VS have.

Unfortunatley i'm european so actually submitting something like this is way off, however figured that will give me enough time to actually learn a 3D program and model it ;)

Appreciate any thoughts/feedback

Edit: Need to get some more vanu elements in there, thinking of extracting bits of the vanu symbol and use those for the eye slits.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

i'm cool with this carry on
  3. Faven Active Member

Cheers!
  4. NightFall998 Member

Crab helmet? I LIKE
  5. Faven Active Member

Yes. more crab to the people. At the moment it feels a bit to flat (also due to no shading in sketch)
  6. Anam Member

I love the concept, this is the kind of thing as a Vanu fanatic I'd buy! The more high-tech, the more closed off and carapace like, the better.
  7. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

its totally the type of thing that as a Vanu hunter i'd enjoy shooting at
  8. Anam Member

:eek:
  9. Tenebrae Member

Very nice indeed.
  10. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

interesting... what does the back look like?
  11. Faven Active Member

The back looks amazing. Or atleast it does in my head. Problem is that im painting myself into a corner with quite a bit of curved/layering of these panels, makes the backside incredibly annoying to draw up for a novice!
  12. Faven Active Member

Added some more layering, got rid of the vertical central line to get a more streamlined look. The concept is to try to create something that looks incredibly fast, even though it's not moving.

Also crab + predator + neon = win.

The back is a bit sparse, trying to come up with something that looks menacing not only from the front, but also from the back. At the moment that's not the case.

[IMG]
  13. Neopopulas Member

Really good, but i would move all the "eyes" up one level)
  14. Faven Active Member

Hmm, you think, that would put the top one above eye-level. The reasoning for them going "downwards" was that I felt it gave it a more menacing look. Also fit with the linework I was thinking, anyways I'll give it a whirl
  15. Tenebrae Member

I actually agree with you here, and adore the "eyes" right where they are. I'm quite fond of this concept, looking forward to seeing how it develops.
  16. Faven Active Member

Yeah, think i'll keep the eyes as they are for now. Gonna work out the neck part and then begin the daunting journey of actually doing it in 3d.
  17. Faven Active Member

Think I'm gonna call it here and start moving into 3D. Slowly. Still not happy with back, had an idea of making it like the underside of a crab, but didn't fit the overal aestethic.

Tried "sliming" the vents on the sides, to create something that was more in vanu style but got a bit to much

[IMG]
  18. Tenebrae Member

Looks great as is to me, and while simplistic...I think the backside suits the overall design pretty well.
  19. Oheck Member

I think you got a great design. Sleek and definitely alien like.
  20. Tenebrae Member

I agree,

I want this for my Infiltrator.