[VS] [Helmet] Hunter RX-0

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Fuzz, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Slytacular Member

I don't like how the scales extend from the back of the helmet. It looks like its inspiration from dead armadillos tossed to the side of the road. In my opinion it would look very improved if you bring the scales to end where the rim of the helmet begins from the back.
  2. Fuzz Active Member

@niccoco never do your bones quickly :p hehe

@ervpro &slytacular once ive got the visor nailed (hopefully by the end of the week) ill implement those changes: as atm ive got 7 models of this on the go,!
  3. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

too much crown on this helmet
    reduce please. is there a p3d file?
  4. Fuzz Active Member

5. Fuzz Active Member

here we go wasnt within 12h as i was very busy, but ive shrunk the crown and the back scales.

still not decided on what face to use so obviously thats still not settled:
    [IMG]
  6. Fuzz Active Member

as there was a lot of feedback on reddit but its a tie between bottom middle and top left, so as i can easily add the visor is ill work with the top left as before!

what ive done: remodeled the front, neck,sides and back, as well as the beak, redid all the textures (no messy UV) and scaled it so it fits perfectly on default head.

IMAGE:[IMG]

P3D
    http://p3d.in/vzQ9J

So yeah! any feedback would be awsome! i think the next change ill make is possibly removing the texture detail and useing polygons instead. and then possibly add a horn! (i kinda want it back, but not sure if a small front or swept horn would suit? or is it better to not have any?)

Cheers!

- Fuzz
  7. Fuzz Active Member

Small update today: played around with the back of the helm, added definition to the spines and to the crest. also beveld some edges so it looks nicer

[IMG]
  8. Fuzz Active Member

9. Fuzz Active Member

declined. "not visually compelling" grr
  10. Faven Active Member

11. Fuzz Active Member

12. Fuzz Active Member

More sketches!

yeah i forgot about the ideas i posted here.

1) add lines to the face, add spike at the back, make the cap pointy
    2) make it look a lot more spiket, angles everywhere.
    3) kinda had a idea of a knight/pope thing, change the cap, add more cheekplate that goes past the face.
    4)lined visor, neon wires on the face, segment the cap.

i kinda like #3 the most tbh
    [IMG]
  13. Fuzz Active Member

seriously lads? no one has any feelings about vanu power rangers?
  14. Faven Active Member

hard to see since you're sketching with black lines on a black shape;)
  15. Fuzz Active Member

right i reckon ive figured out why its not getting in, there is a helm called convergance that had a neon eyes above grey visor: but when it hit the game it get the glossy black one. now whilst my current helm has a big white visor if it was changed to black it may look a little like the convergance.

so i reckon ill wait till PSview (SOON hopefully) till i continue work. ill get the face segmentation done soon though.
  16. McFluff Active Member

I can only really see this being a MAX helmet, it feels to bulky and lopsidedly heavy to fit well on the other classes.
  17. Fuzz Active Member

ive tried it out on HA and medic and it fits well enough, its a bit too bulky for inf though.
  18. Fuzz Active Member

anyone got any ideas? imma do some more sketches tomorrow but atm im clueless as to what needs changed to make it do :/

edit: actually i want to try out the pope hat idea.
  19. Fuzz Active Member

tried a shot at the popehat one but its just not working:( so whilst i love the design i think i may have to go back to the drawingboard;(

[IMG]

i did a pretty render of the one i did like though :)

[IMG]
  20. JetSetz Member

Hey fuzzy,
    Hmm... the thing is, it feels common or a bit of the medieval age type of "knight's helmet".
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    It's a bit of a tricky style to work with no matter how futuristic or techie/VS you make it because it comes from that age unfortunately. But the shapes within that model can be broken up to clear that feeling of "oh it's a knight helmet". And i'm not talking about adding little holes and whiskers to pretty it up, i'm talking about the broad shapes that will be an eye catcher and define your helmet.
    Get a few shapes (or even one) that stands out and will stick in someones head. And those few iconic shapes will be your design's strength and gives it an envious/wanting feeling.
    And by stick in someones head I don't mean like "oh yeah I remember it was spiky or something", but rather like it's visualised in his head CLEARLY like he'd daydream about it all day till he buys it for a satisfaction lol.
    Don't back down yet, I know you still have a puff or two inside you to get this out.
    Best of luck, you've done some good effort so far! :D