TR Helmet -Visage

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by KingKellogg, Apr 15, 2014.

1. KingKellogg Member

I do agree!

Also, Update! [IMG]
    And a little more odd but I moved the texture around and got this monstrosity
    [IMG]
  2. KingKellogg Member

Alternate texture
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. binarycoder Member

Digging the red one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shockwave414 Active Member

Right now the helmet looks like a kid. The eyes are took far down the head which gives it this child-like appearance or probably due to the red lines stopping halfway up the head.. Make the eye sockets black, remove the vampire teeth, remove the red lines (they make the helmet too busy) and make the bevel around the eyes grey instead of black. Also change the shape of the eyes, to look more mean instead of neutral. Finally, make the head shape more square, bring the sides and ears in tight.

[IMG]
  5. Steveo Member

The right one! so sick!
  6. KingKellogg Member

Alllrigghhttt update before I take a break, after hours of tweaking here it is!
    [IMG]
    lighter
  7. Shockwave414 Active Member

Getting there. Push the top of the eyes down to give it a menacing look instead of surprised. Pull and round out the cheek bones to give it more definition. Flatten the lip and nose area. Move the red eyes towards the nose just a tad. Remove the last remaining red stripes so it doesn't look like tears. Make the brow more prominent between the eyes by giving it a slight fold.

These are minor tweaks but will make the helmet that much more menacing. Keep up the good work.

[IMG]
  8. KingKellogg Member

[IMG]

Better? Or does he need a higher dose of hate in his diet?
  9. KingKellogg Member

Here's the newer one [IMG]
  10. Shockwave414 Active Member

Ok just one more little tid bit. I noticed that his head was slightly facing downward but still wasn't looking out of the top of his eyes. All you have to do is just shift the entire eye socket area down but leave the red eyes exactly where they are. Basically, from this angle, his eyes should be touching the top of the socket. I'm sure there will be minor details added later but it should be downhill from here.

[IMG]
  11. tahrox Member

Really cool draw-overs and feedback, Shockwave.
  12. Nicococo Active Member

Nice overhaul!
  13. AfableAutomaton Member

Eyes look better now, the black socket and slated brow really help.
  14. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

lookin cool tho why are all of your screen shots taken like hes peeking out a cracked door in a dark closet. sure dramatic, but sucks to actualy see the art
  15. KingKellogg Member

I always thought its better to show what it would look like in a more normal setting ( hence the scenery in some )

In any case here is an update
    [IMG]
  16. KingKellogg Member

Yes or no? If yes, which one?[IMG]
    [IMG]

Actual render
    [IMG]
  17. KingKellogg Member

Random new renders cause I'm waiting on a bit more feedback.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  18. Shockwave414 Active Member

Still need to tweak the eyes. Right now the red eyes are centered in the eye sockets which give it an alien look.

We want him to look mean so follow these images.

[IMG]

Here, you can see you're giving the top of the eye socket too much of an arch. Make it straighter and also pull the bottom portion of the eye socket down a little more.

[IMG]
  19. KingKellogg Member

Like this? Or more?

[IMG]
  20. Shockwave414 Active Member

Oh hell yeah. I think you nailed it. Can you also post a profile shot?