Samurai Helmet thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by GO_DAMUSS, Jul 27, 2013.

1. GO_DAMUSS Member

started this today. got a few hours into it. its starting to take shape now, so I thought i'd share. hopefully I can get this to look like I envisioned it.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

this may be a stretch, youve done pumpkins, trolls, megamans, wolfs..
    why not try something more along the lines of
    "sci fi helm that fits within the established universe and matches the factions look?" you seem to be going the tf2 route of anything goes
  3. GO_DAMUSS Member

the guidelines for this game are constant warfare. what fits that better than the warring states period of japan ? also its not done.
  4. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

nevermind.. knock yourself out.
  5. Stus67 New Member

you've seem to have not read any guidelines at all or you wouldn't be wasting hours of effort.
  6. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

there's probably several reasons that it is not done... now i'm not saying its not possible to make a samurai inspired sci fi helm probably the most famouse sci fi helm of all time was samurai inspired
    [IMG]
    but again you don't really seem to listen to advice of others so i'm going to let you make your samurai helm. next up you should make a top hat, then maybe a set of those alien antenna dingly bobbers, then maybe a helmet that looks like a wrapped birthday present! with comical eyeholes
  7. GO_DAMUSS Member

I will just for you. BTW your helmet is ugly. Let me ? are you a creative team lead now ? you can quit trolling me anytime now coffee.

also, they are looking for Halloween related items. I can do whatever I want.

Even if Tramell didn't like the jack-o-lantern helmet. I still have done more than you have, which is just coming onto my threads and being a pompous windbag.
  8. Oheck Member

I appreciate your desire to model stuff, but you might want to work on stuff that is related to the game they are designed for. If this is practice material, thats fine and stuff. But does it need to be posted here if its not in line with the universe of PS2?
  9. GO_DAMUSS Member

I have drawing of sci-fi models. not that it should matter. so far they are kinda abstract and I don't like them much. so I will just do what I feel like doing. I have a list of helmets I think would be cool. ninjas, tigers, grey alien head, ect. I don't need a lecture on what planetside 2 looks like. Ive played it way too much. I cant want a samurai helmet for my NC heavy assault ? im doing this for fun really, if I make some cash because the devs think I made a nice helmet, that's even better, im still in college . I know some of you might use this for income, I could care less how seriously you take this. I'm having fun. lighten up.

[IMG]
  10. MangoPunch Member

If you are indeed doing this just for fun, then all the power to you. The only way you're going to learn is by doing, and the best way to do is by doing whatever the hell you feel like.

However, and I really don't mean to be rude or anything, but I very much doubt that the team is going to accept a Samurai Helmet for PS2, based purely on the fact that I've seen people tweet T-Ray with concepts of NC Knight's Armour and VS Samurai Armour and the like, and while he thought the concepts looked cool, he said they didn't really suit PS2's art style and probably wouldn't be accepted.

But I say keep it up and submit it when it's done anyway. If it gets rejected, so what? You're not losing anything from it, and with every model you make, you're learning valuable techniques to use on your next model. You only get better from experience.
  11. Vandrago Member

Looks really good.. Just a suggestion, take it however you want. IMO, I would drop the moon shape thing, add some hoses around the facial area, maybe add a visor that meets at the bottom section over the mouth. Just some ideas, anyway it looks really good.
  12. Stus67 New Member

now it's pretty obvious that your age is in the single digits and anything you attempt isn't even worth giving constructive criticism over.

feel free to waste your time. although I'll assume you have a lot of it.
  13. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

man i have tried to help you from the start of this thing buy you have ignored or argued everything i said. i have work in close to a dozen shipped mmos / mmo expansions. was just recently featured in a writeup on the eq2 site for my stuff i've submitted to them. so not sure how you see i have not done anything but "troll" you. I really want to help you. i have never called any of your stuff ugly. i had never told you to give up. i've tried to help. you are just 100% incapable of accepting any type of feedback. so i will wish you well.

i also love how offended you was when i made a mock list of silly hats "top hat, then maybe a set of those alien antenna dingly bobbers, then maybe a helmet that looks like a wrapped birthday present! with comical eyeholes"
    then in your list you list stuff just as ridiculous that you plan to make.

seriously tho mate. Good luck.
  14. CakvalaSC Member

To step into this mess, please keep in mind any and all critiques / criticism that are provided here are strictly for helping you become successful for what you are modeling, leading up to getting actually design for sale in the game you chose to design for!

There are quite a few people on this forum that are extremely knowledgeable in the area of 3D Design, texturing and environmental design. Coffeeoutlaw is one of those people and loves to provide feedback on everyone’s submissions. It can be positive or negative, you have the right to ignore it or use it to make your design better.

If you take these comments as a personal attack or “trolling”, then you are not going to have a fun time in this environment.
  15. Locknars Member

I think it is very hard for some people to take any kind of feedback that is not 100% positive. I imagine people being very excited about being able to create content that has the possibility of not only showing up in game but also making them money. Some of these people might have this money already spent in thier head so it is more of a sociological blow when they have any negitive input no matter how constructively phrased. I would not let this thread take to much of you time Coffee and Go_Damuss I would take a few deep breaths and understand that you seem to get defensive very quickly and reflect on that before posting replays.
  16. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

yeah, that one is a bit too far out there. bring it closer to Sci Fi.. Remember the people in the forums are here to help. everyone wants to make cool stuff. I want everyone to be able to get something in the game but that means you have to consider feedback. I'm going to treat you guys with the same respect as the artists on staff.
  17. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

Too everyone else, PLEASE keep it constructive, NO INSULTS or Bashing. be as helpful as possible when stating your opinions
  18. GO_DAMUSS Member

heres my total opinion. im making something a WIP, then someone comes into my thread an tells me how the box is shaped and to color inside the lines. I'm an artist, graphic or otherwise, and creativity is my thing. Ive changed it so look different, its not sci-fi yet, but I don't see any deadlines. I can take constructive criticism, but all I've seen is - take a tutorial, that's not right. ok - well im not perfect and I know that, never claimed to be. art is imperfection. its the flaws that make something unique. anyways, i'll try to post a updated pic before I go to SOE LIVE. take it sleazy , easy or however you want to.
  19. Locknars Member

I would suggest even more respect. ;) The in house artist have a sure paycheck for their work at the end of the day.

T-ray in the coming months this aspect of your position is going to become very demanding. Hope you are ready!
  20. TramellRayIsaac Senior Art Director

respect is respect.