Rough's Workshop

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by JerreyRough, Jul 31, 2013.

1. JerreyRough Member

Agreed! I'm working on making it better now.

--------------

My Pilotka just got moved to Complete status! Neither of my accepted/completed items even touched Accepted status lol.

This is the Pilotka (never got its own thread):

[IMG]
  2. Nicococo Active Member

TR players gonna love that russian cap :D
  3. JerreyRough Member

I hope so :D

So I requested a couple screenshots of my items, and I managed to get them! :3

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Nicococo Active Member

Wow they look awesome!!
    • Like x 1
  5. Faven Active Member

Looks amazing, how do you go about requesting that?
    • Like x 1
  6. JerreyRough Member

Thanks guys!

I tried asking TRay here, but I got no response. Messaged Chris Bishop on Reddit after, since he was the one that worked on my hats. He sent these pics to me :3

----------

Going to work on my own "comms officer" hat now. Putting the space helmet to the side until later.

Refs I will be using: http://imgur.com/a/cpGIX

Goals:
    - Use the incoming holographic effect they are working on internally. Will be used for a round monocole-like attachment to the earpiece, in front of the eye (like the mic). Left eye, because it would have combat data and the right eye is needed for guns.
    - Make a less imposing/dramatic version of the Commissar Cap.
    - Provide a communications hat for TR (sorry McFluff; everyone I talked to in-game thinks yours looks like a swimming cap; thanks to them i can't unsee that).
  7. Faven Active Member

Hologram seems exciting. I know nothing about it but it sounds cool:D

I think making another comisaar hat is a nice challenge. It's going to be tricky to make one thats different enough though, but I got faith!:D
  8. JerreyRough Member

I think it's pretty cool, David Carey posted this:

[IMG]

Thanks for the faith! :D I think I can do it. Those kinds of hats have two types: one with a hard ridge (like the one in-game), and ones that are flexible (which I will go with), like this:
    [IMG]

That cersion lets me put headphones on it too! I think the real life field version of this hat was the flexible version, while the hard top version was part of dress wear and parading.
  9. Nicococo Active Member

That hologram thing is going to be great :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Giz Active Member

Yeah, then there's going to be A LOT of Visor and Dome helmets.:(
  11. McFluff Active Member

I wonder if you can resubmit past items with holographic versions? I know Coffee's scout helm has 3 versions, so I hope this could be a possibility!
  12. PYROxSYCO Member

If you need help with knives let me know :)
  13. JerreyRough Member

To go with my incoming P-34 Helmet, I think a P-34 tank chassis and turret would work good. Think this is an interesting start? Just the chasis for now.
    P34 (View in 3D)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. JerreyRough Member

Starting on my TR Field Commander hat: (View in 3D)
    [IMG]

With Engineer armor: View in 3D
    [IMG]

This hat is intended as a more practical version of the current in-game Commissar Hat. Neck piece will be replaced with a more commander-esque features.

Next step: add in an interface similar to this, though on a per-eye basis (the full screen would suit VS/not TR):
    [IMG]

Though with a round earpiece that covers the ear, maybe on both sides? Or just one?
  15. McFluff Active Member

thats kinda what I am doing on my VS headset :)
  16. JerreyRough Member

Ooo! My Pilotka hat is now listed as Coming Soon in the store! :D

I couldn't take any good pictures (couldn't find a helper in-game), but I tried taking some to show the camo coverage! If any of you guys could take better pictures of it (no camo and with camo) I'd appreciate it!

Album.

I was hoping they'd use the grey area for camo coverage!
  17. Faven Active Member

How do you manage to get it to apply camo, I got 3 coming soon but I cant for the world figure out how to check the camo coverage:S
  18. JerreyRough Member

If it's in the Coming Soon, then go to the VR room. You can put on the hats in there!

If you find a helper, then they can put on the hat and you can take better screenshots!
  19. JerreyRough Member

It released today! :D But darn, there seems to be rigging issues with my hat's front neck section. The back seems fine, just the front isn't following correctly. It works perfectly in the preview though.

[IMG]

Some camos look really nice with it though, especially the Easmir ones!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Nicococo Active Member

Awesome! Sorry about the rigging issue though =/