Player Studio App(PSview) beginners guide

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by EbonNebula, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Faven Active Member

well..it's raining outside...so you know.

also giz:

9 hours of me playing around with creating a liberator armor;). Its not done yet but the process is pretty much there, ..i would scrub alot :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Giz Active Member

I'm done with Helmets. My main focus now is Armor Cosmetics.
  3. Hubjin New Member

Hi, I am trying to view a helmet in created in 3DS max. I have exported it to FBX format but when I bring it into the PS View the helmet self does not appear. It does however tell how many tris , edges etc... it has. Has anyone encountered this problem before?[IMG]
  4. binarycoder Member

Click the focus button and see if it shows up. It's the third one to the right above the model import.

Edit: actually, it looks like you haven't assigned it a material.
  5. Hubjin New Member

I just assigned material for it and focused in on it but it still doesn't show up. Do you have any other suggestion that can help me out?[IMG]
  6. binarycoder Member

I was refering to adding a material to the model itself, not in PSView. But I'm not sure about how to do it in Max.
  7. Hubjin New Member

Ok, I get you.
  8. MrPhilip203 New Member

Hey,

thanks for all the help so far.

I created my Vanguard armor in Cinema 4D and exported it as .fbx 6.1 (and all newer versions), but my PSviewer crashes every time wenn I open my exported file in the viewer. :(
  9. Steveo Member

Try an older FBX version.
  10. MasterMagnus Active Member

Don't know about Cinema 4D. In Blender exporting as FBX 6.1 ASCII works (FBX 7.4 binary does NOT work).

Do you have a setting for FBX ASCII or Binary you could try?
  11. Fuzz Active Member

exporting in 7.4 binary is what i use, but you need to set scale to 0.1
  12. VectorSyn Member

I didn't see it mentioned (but probably known now), instead of resetting the location/rotation of the armature pose you can simply set the armature to "Rest Pose". I wasn't sure if that is messing with the exports or not, but at least allows the data to stay the same going out.
  13. Ratchet New Member

Don't appear to have the PSViewer app anywhere on my hard drives. I'm using stream but have also tried the non-steam version and still nothing. Oddly steam has an empty Player Studio and plugins folders. Am I missing something?
  14. Fuzz Active Member

its in the PTS folder, you now need the PTS
  15. Ratchet New Member

Alright thanks man, it's there and running. Does anyone have the head and body files/resources. The links don't seem to wanna work.
  16. EbonNebula Member

Just FYI, I've updated the original post to link a currently functional version of the app by JerryRough, and the more in depth tutorial by Binarycoder
  17. James T New Member

When I try to open a file, it only allows me to open .playerstudio files. how do I open .fbx files with this?
  18. Fuzz Active Member

you dont open .fbx files; you import them in the models tab
  19. James T New Member

thanks that helped a lot