New Here - Giving a shot at a Helmet (TR - SCOUT) and Decals (All Factions)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Carter, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Carter Member

Alright, thought I'd give it a shot. Helmet isn't even close to being ready - Still need to apply UVs, but I doubt that'll be too much of a problem. The front "visor" is meant to be a sun block/shield. (think Storm Trooper on the planet with the little fuzzy things). Any thoughts on the rough draft? Suggestions/critique very welcome at this stage.

TR - Scout. [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Also Wanting to try out some decals. Pretty much ever since I started flying a Mossie, I've wanted the "Kill Streak Badges" below my window. I didn't want to only make it for TR, so here's every faction thus far. Very simple, I figure I'll just put multiple copies on the same .tng file to make is appear as a kill streak.

[IMG]
  2. Carter Member

Also - FYI on Helmet. Going to fill in the interior, give it a "neck sleeve" and give him goggles. That's in the works.
  3. CoffeeOutlaw Active Member

draw your own outlines of the vehicles
  4. Carter Member

Tomorrow :p only get an hour a day if I'm lucky to play with this. Only trying to show my ideas.
  5. Carter Member

Some revisions to the helmet and created a neck plate/bracer/gorget. Also tried a color scheme. Don't think I like it much. Might have to scrap this project and start anew. Looks more like a race car helmet at this point.

Any notes are welcome. [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Mezinov Member

The helmet is coming along nicely but right now it is exceptionally Roman Centurion; that's not a bad thing because Roman Empire can easily be synonymous with Terran Republic. It will need some spiffing up in the direction of Sci-Fi however. Maybe trade the riot visor for a pair of goggles that are strapped externally to the helmet and in a lifted state to go more in the direction of TR, while adding some luminals and what not to Fi it up.