[NC] Eagle helmet

Discussion in 'Game Discussion: PlanetSide 2' started by Ponka, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Nicococo Active Member

Pick A, Kick B
  2. Ponka Member

Thanks for the picks! A is base and i added a bit of C's flat beak top to connect the mouth and brows part.

Model is p3d' and water proof, do you have a feedback before i move to the uv/texturing part?
    http://p3d.in/86JQV

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Lobstrex Member

Woah, that back is gorgeous.
  4. Ponka Member

Thanks! I'll tweak the front part a bit too. It must fit on the front and the back part!
  5. Tommy New Member

6. Ponka Member

Some color tests, with a bench along some more helmets.
    I'd pick D and kick B, and pick F, but maybe the community has a different view,
    If it doesn't fit the palette you have in mind i may try changing it
    [IMG]
  7. Bifron Member

What part of the texture are you getting those dark grays from? I tried to find grays but they were all super small parts of the texture
  8. McFluff Active Member

9. McFluff Active Member

you just gotta a squeeze it in there. also, I think on the updated texture files, there is a larger dark grey section, at east on the TR one there is...
  10. TheHumm Member

I vote for B or C.
  11. Thorval New Member

12. Ponka Member

The dark gray in question come from the game texture Helmet_NC_Shared_All_C.dds,
    because this is apparently the texture used by the other helmets, using the example texture make them look uncomplete.
  13. McFluff Active Member

I just ask not B. The orange just makes the beak too obvious... you want the animal influence to be subtle, not BAM!!!! I AM NOT A HUMAN!!! I AM AN EAGLE!!! sort of thing.

also, do you know if there is a mac program that can convert dds files? I have been screens hotting mine, and they never turn out well...
  14. Ponka Member

Gotta test a way to groom B, if the beak color could be a paintover like i envisioned
    at the concept phase, this can fix the strong impression of that orange.

I heard good things from Xnviewmp, i don't have a mac to test that converter though.
  15. Bifron Member

Just pluck some down feathers, that should groom it.
    Jokes aside, paintover?
  16. Ponka Member

Yup, at least it's what was expected, but this model already reached the triangles limit,
    so the effect will not be similar to the painted skull TR helmet.
    It's a single paint layer, like the LA armor... Orange, yellow, or previously other?
    [IMG]
  17. Nicococo Active Member

Wow! Nice :D
  18. Bifron Member

Wow I didn't even know they let you do that. Looks nice! Orange definitely
  19. Giz Active Member

The color scheme you have makes it look cartoonish. May want to add dark grays. To much yellow
  20. Thorval New Member

Yep, looks awesome, reduce the yellow somehow.