Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

Halas' Stories
    {note: these will also be placed on the Norrathian Estate Library Guides' Stories Alcove soon}

Kellin
    Genie Travels

Now Adda lived in Maj’Dul doing odd jobs to earn a living. He was a Halfling and his greatest desire was to move to Qeynos one day.
    So he saved every copper he could, but he did not make very much so it was slow going.
    One evening as he was headed home after a day’s work something fell from the sky and hit him on the head.
    Adda yelped, rubbed his now hurting head and looked around to see what it was.
    He spotted a tea pot or lamp, battered looking. Overhead he heard the shutters slam.
    So it did not fall from the sky but was thrown from a window, not out a window. Oh well it was perhaps worth a few coppers so he put it in his bag and continued on home.
    Much later that evening Adda remembered the item and retrieved it from his bag. Looking it over he noticed it was rather battered and not a tea pot but a small lamp.
    Hmm he said to himself, a bit dusty. He wiped the dust off it and to his surprise it began to shake. Eeeekk he explained and dropped it.
    From the lamp came a puff of smoke. Adda knew at once what this was, a magic lamp the answer to all his plans.
    The Genie looked around slowly; this was not his home nor was that shabby looking Halfling his master. “I see” he said “I was tossed away again.”
    Now Adda was a sensible Halfling and knew if he suddenly had gold over night the authorities would think he stole it and if he mentioned his genie they would take the lamp away from him.
    No women falling at his feet, he thought, that would make it hard to walk and no desire to rule the world at all. Too much trouble.
    “I want to move to Qeynos please” The genie sighed, that’s it? Adda nodded, for now that was enough. In Qeynos he would wish for some gold, enough to start his business.
    The genie took a map out of his lamp and studied it. “Ok I got it” He said a few words that sounded magic and Adda felt the floor fall out from beneath him.
    Suddenly he found himself in a tree, Adda looked around this was not Qeynos he thought and those werewolves below looked mighty hungry. “Genie this is not Qeynos!’ he yelled. “You sure?” There are trees in Qeynos are there not?” asked genie.
    “Yes but they do not have werewolves around them. Get me out of here” Adda yelled.
    Again he felt the falling away and this time landed in a cold pile of snow. “ New Halas” he thought to be sure it was New Halas. Adda opened his eye and saw two giants moving towards him.
    “GENNNIEEEEE” Adda shouted “get me out of here.” Genie sighed and mumbled a few more words. Adda once again felt like he was falling.
    This time it was warm when he landed, no it was hot, much too hot. “Lavastorm??”
    “Genie are you sure you know where Qeynos is and please remove me from this place, those goblins do not look friendly”
    So over the next few moves Adda found himself in Freeport being chased by guards, Neriak hiding from dark elves and some strange land with lots of strange looking creatures with a ruined tower.
    “Genie take me home please, I just want to home” Adda cried. He was tired and did not want to move to Qeynos anymore. “As you wish master, you sure you do not want me to try again?” Genie asked. I am sure this time I will get you to Qeynos’
    “NO No no no just take me home” Adda was now sure why the “old” master had tossed the lamp out the window. Home please just home.
    Adda landed with a soft bump, he was home, and it was his small room in Maj’Dul. He was home and would not leave it again.
    “Genie I have a new plan” Adda said as he lay on his bed “Tomorrow I shall take the job at Bobo’s Bakery. He offered it to me a few days ago.” “I will marry his daughter one day and perhaps take over when he retires. No more moving for me.”

Adda fell fast alseep.

The genie stood over his bed and smiled, his form shimmered and blurred. There was Bristlebane, “Indeed you shall Adda, you will be a fine baker and this was one of my best pranks.

Bristlebane laughed silently, he waved his hand over Adda’s head, this will all be a dream you had naught but a dream my lad and with that he vanished.

Adda did exactly as he said, he went to work for Bobo and one day he married his daughter. To this very day Bobo’s Bakery is known for its cakes and pies.

Kellin
    On The Edge

Little Red Riding Gnome lived on the edge of the deep dark forest with her neighbors.
    Mr. Troll. Mr. Ogre and Mr. Dark Elf

On this night they were sitting round a camp fire telling stories. Mr. Ogre and Mr. Troll told about their daring battles, and if they stretched the truth a wee bit no one minded.
    Little Red told about some of her tinkering that did not go as planned, Such as the automatic walking shoes that went backwards.
    The automatic pogostick that so far has not come down and the less said about the automatic sword the better.
    Little red assured the tester of this his newly tinkered nose looked much better than his old one.

It was Mr. Dark Elf's turn, he waited till all was quiet and began.

Now a certain Halfling lived on the darkest and deepest edge of the deep dark forest.
    He liked his quiet although he did get lonely from time to time.
    One night he sat on his porch in his rocking chair smoking his pipe. When a thought came to mind.
    He cleared his throat and called softly, "Who is going to come see me this long lonely night"
    To his surprise he heard a very faint call from the farthest edge of the forest, "I'm coming"
    Well now this was interesting so he called again "Who is going to come see me this long lonely night?"

Again the call, "I'm coming," this time a bit closer.

Oh my, someone is coming; He called again, "Who is going to come see me this long lonely night?"

This time the call came from the middle "I'm coming."
    By now our hero was not too sure about this, but his curiosity had the better of him.

I really should go in now but he called one more time "Who is going to come see me this long lonely night?"

This time he heard his gate open "I'm coming."
    Now I really should go in now but he called one more time "Who is going to come see me this long lonely night?"
    He heard a footstep on the bottom of his porch and a voice yelling "I'm HERE."
    With that Mr. Dark Elf's hands grabbed Little Red as fast as lighting, She screamed and fell backwards. Mr. Troll and Mr. Ogre jumped up looking for someone to bash.
    When Little Red's heart slowed down she started to giggle, Mr. Dark Elf looked smug while Mr. Troll and Mr. Ogre was not quite sure what was going on.
    Later that night Little Red, Mr. Troll and Mr. Ogre made sure their door and windows where all locked tightly, Just in case someone was coming to see them you know.
    Later on when it was quiet and everyone was asleep Mr. Dark Elf sat on his porch in his rocking chair with his pipe and called softly."
    From the farthest edge of the forest came a call "I'm coming....."

Zanzu
    {/ooc this had a familiar flavor liken unto a certain wizard who made his abode in Undermountain ;) formatted it for its metre}
    A Wandering Bard's Tale of the Wizard of Odus
    by an anonymous Gnome bard!

Gayle and her friends were far from home,
    so they asked for assistance from a wandering gnome.

He hummed and he hawed as he plucked at his lute,
    he barely had time to whistle on his small flute.

They told him their tale so fair and true,
    he knew at that time what he had to do.

He brought them to Paineel in search of a Wizard,
    whom he sincerely hoped would not be a Lizard.

The wizard they met with great surprise,
    was none other than a gnome with stars in his eyes!

“Great and Powerful” a wizard was his claim;
    they quickly discovered “Gnork” was his name.

The four friends approached, hesitant and dire:
    this great wizard was a well-known master of fire.

Gayle stood up and spoke strong as can be;
    looking at the gnome, she hoped he would see:

“Rahlbert needs courage! He’s afraid of his shadow.
    “Orbelgray needs brains! His mind is an empty meadow.

“Heliojack the clockwork could use a heart if you have one.
    “For me, I ask: by your will, return me home with the setting sun.”

The wizard now thought and pondered for a few;
    he was quick with the plan, the moment he knew.

He beckoned to the wanderer and whispered in his ear,
    “Find gifts of Strength and Courage we must conquer their fears!”

The little gnome’s feet carried him away, oh so fast!
    It certainly wasn’t much time that went past.

He arrived with the gifts held tight under his arm,
    and passed them to Gnork to ease the growing alarm.

To Rahlbert he gave a most powerful sword:
    Rahlbert clapped and he howled at that which he scored!

His gift to poor Orbelgray had a much deeper meaning:
    a scroll of the mind for his leisurely reading.

Heliojack was certainly a most peculiar case:
    a heart for the robot who would soon know much grace.

To Gayle he smiled: they would swiftly away.
    Her wish would come true before the end of the day.

Back to her home they would all be sent,
    for without her along they would be lost as they went.

With a flick of his wand they were ported away,
    all back to her home on this wonderful day.

The wandering Gnome packed up all his things.
    He knew that one day he would certainly sing,

Of the Great Wizard of Odus and Gayle, her friends, and her quest,
    on that mid-summer day that was simply the best.

The End.
    Fyuri and Elyshka like this.
  2. Snivel New Member

Thank you for running the Guides Guide quest yesterday. I was fortunate to pick it up on all my toons.

However, unlike the "Newsies" quest, the new quest appears to be set in the quest journal at the level each character is/was when it was accepted. The "Newsies" quest is set at level 100 in the journal irrespective of characters level. My level 15 toon collected the quest and appears to have a reward of 240k Status points whilst a level 100 obtains 5.28M Status points. I did level the 15 toon to 16 and the reward didn't change.

Could a Guide confirm that this is as intended as it strikes me that doing the quest prior to level 100 may not be the best way to go given the limited ways Guild Status points can be obtained post level 101?
  3. Fyuri Active Member

we were offered those rewards for the dungeon maker contest that so many thought the guides gave out:

[IMG]

we just got some awards offered us by Kaitheel for the contest:

1st: Community Challenge Reward
    2nd: Chalice of Eternal Victory

3rd: A Commemorative Trophy
    Special Mention: Award for Achievement

~ Kaitheel
    Daemora likes this.
  4. Daemora Active Member

Oh, that's awesome, Fyuri! I truly hope I'm able to finish my dungeon in time.

Did you post this in the homeshow forum as that seems to be the appropriate place to post it. Would hate for people to be further confused in thinking these are guide given rewards by posting it here. I realize you put in big bold blue letters that they are dev rewards, but well, you know how inattentive some people are (myself included, much of the time, though at my age I can claim onset of senility). :D
    Fyuri likes this.
  5. Fyuri Active Member

i am posting it everywhere because i don't want anyone to miss it
    Daemora likes this.
  6. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

I heard rumors that tomorrow, Thursday June 16th at 10:00 AM PT there will be a dwarf needing help in Greater Faydark near the portal to Thalumbra.
  7. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

The crowd is so large it is causing a crash. The dwarf will be back shortly.
  8. TakkyGen New Member

HI, Thank you for doing the Thalumbra quest, but may I please make a suggestion to help move things along? There was another toon there - did not show as a guide- but was giving out rules, etc. If that person had actually put those rules into General chat periodically as well, it would have been more helpful. Once some of the players did that, things began to organize better. In addition, spamming 8 lines of rules over and over in say just got in the way of people trying to listen to the guide. If you want folks to form a line, then have someone stand at the head of the line and face out, then have everyone queue up in front of you. then the guide can either move down a clear line or folks can move up to the guide. But just spamming at everyone to get in line without giving them any info on where the line is... didn't really help. I've seen it done this way for newsies and it works pretty well. Please accept these as constructive thoughts - we truly appreciate all you do as guides. We'd like to help so you don't get so frustrated too!!
  9. Fyuri Active Member

the other toon was Popie- who was asked by the guide to help. the guide can't issue quests while spamming macros for everyone. at one point he was so crowded he kept freezing and crashed.

we tried to get the line going and people kept jumping ahead of everyone. it finally got very organized. your suggestions are great though. mainly when she did her macro it was because new people showed up and were on mounts, and had pets out. the person who came in and stood on top of popie and sent her harassing tells along with his gigantic pet was out of line and did get reported.

not by popie but by another toon who was observing.

one person came in on a disk and stood to the side of the line. she said she was not there for the quest but to show the guide and popie that they were not her boss. soon the line began to form behind her and was not moving so they had to be told she wasn't the line and to please move forward.

the line was supposed to be in front of the guide but a few yards away so as not to crowd him.

the reason for the request to not have mercs, pets, or mounts was because he couldn't see the owners to target them. also people with shrink on were often too small to see.

if we are spamming requests, it is not because we are being bossy. it is because we are trying to make it as organized as possible so it can go faster and keep people from crowding him. some didn't realize they had mounts on or had pets and mercs out.

yes we know, he could hide the mounts and not see them. and if you grouped it might go faster. but really, it is at the guide's discretion . he asked people not to group and he chose not to hide mounts. that is his choice.

Popie doesn't make the rules - she only repeats what the guide has asked her to say. she also sent the call to general to let everyone know the quest was going on. again- at his request.

she is about helping, as so many are. so if you are there for the quest and someone is trying to disrupt everything (yeah i know - we do have some childish troublemakers in the game that are out to spoil everything for everyone else) you are perfectly within your rights to send them a tell and to report them.

however, to try to put down someone who has been asked by the guides to help- the way some in general and even at the scene were doing to Popie - is totally uncalled for.

After Rynara showed up, the people had formed their line and were the most orderly i have ever seen at any guide quest. kudos to our guides. they are awesome

(and she will set up macros to send those requests to general chat- thanks for the suggestion)
  10. Fyuri Active Member

a suggestion was put on facebook and it is a good one. is there any way the guides could put down two of those line ropes - like the ones we get in the game - to help people line up? is that something they can do? i know they can sometimes put down items in the game but i am not sure if this is one of them. maybe the devs could help with that one?
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  11. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

While we thank you for the suggestion, it is not an option, nor is it necessary. We want you to come out to our Quests and enjoy them without feeling like you are in line at the DMV.

We do also appreciate that our players want to help, but as Guides, there are specific guidelines that must be followed when running Quests. If things get a little crazy, the Guide has outlets for assistance that they should be using and following.

So let's get back to the heart of what we do and why, which is to create an enjoyable and immersive role-playing experience for all of you. :)
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Fyuri like this.
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

Then, if I may ask, when one is attempting to create an intricate Sand Castle on the beach, how does one prevent the local,... [insert appropriate description] from stomping through destroying said castle as if one does not even exist?

The Big Brother(tm) that protects his younger and weaker siblings is most apropos,...
  13. Daemora Active Member

Aww I'm sorry I missed this event yet once again. Any chance of having it run a little later in the afternoon...say 1pm PT?

Sorry to hear that there was yet again some negative behavior on part of some of those 'beligerent' people who like to make everyone's life miserable. I understand the desire to keep things organized yet casual, but in the instance of these super popular quests where there are tons of people trying to participate, seems the 'teller line' idea would be useful.
    Fyuri and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  14. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

As noted in my above post, while many ideas may seem feasible, the Guides do have a process in place on how to handle difficult, busy or trying situations that they must follow.

We appreciate the support you as players give us, so when a Quest is being run, take the time to chat with the Guide and give them feedback on what is good or needs improvement :)
    Daemora and Fyuri like this.
  15. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Do you like history? Do you like Dragons? Do you like games? Look for a lonely dragon on Monday June 20th at 100 PM PT in Antonica at the grove near the Druid Rings.
  16. Daemora Active Member

Ooh, ouch...20th...Moonlight Enchantments...lots of new items to purchase...might be hard to pull people away from crafting root beer this month. Good time of the day for me though. :D
  17. silvers New Member

Anyway we can get a Kael Drakkel guide event offered anytime soon? Last time I didn't see that the day would be changed, so I missed it :(

Thanks!
    Daemora likes this.
  18. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

I'll pass the request along :)
    Daemora likes this.
  19. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

Upon the Antonica Glade

by Guide Jornal

In the Age of Scale, a large dragon known as Veeshan encircled the lifeless orb of clay that hung in space intrigued by something no one known. She breathed upon the globe, giving it the ability to sustain life and grow. Extending one of her claws, she hit the land with just the tiniest touch, swiping so much debris into space that Luclin formed.

As the dirt that did not make space fell on the lush land, her kin unfurled. They flew, they crawled, they burrowed, they swam. They did this until they filled the world.
    But her actions did not go unnoticed, for the other gods watched, and they became jealous. They twisted her touch to form the terrible abomination known as the mad prismatic dragon.
    "Kerafyrm"

She tried to remove the corruption, but quickly realized she could not. She had no choice but to put Kerafyrm into a long slumber to squelch the plot. Kerafyrm became known as the Sleeper.
    The other gods arrived, eager to set into motion a place for their own kind to thrive. Brell Serilis created a series of tunnels and magical portals so that his races of mortals could watch the dragon burrowers. Prexus created the Kedge to watch the seas and the dragon swimmers. Tunare created the Elves, so that the forests would have eyes. Rallos Zek decided to make the Giants. Innoruuk, furious that he wasn't consulted created the Dark Elf, to reflect the hated coursing through him. Brell created Gnomes, Bristlebane the Halflings, and Cazic Thule created the Trolls and Lizardmen. The barbarians, Erollisi and Mithaniel Marr, twins, created the barbarians in the frost lands. And from them, the Humans formed.

But not all humans were happy. Some of the intellectuals branched out to their own continent of Odus, and thus the Erudites were formed. And through it all Rallos Zek made sure strife was abundant, raging war with everyone.

{/ooc as this story/history seems abridged, I will await further episodes before compilation and placement into the Library - Guides' stories Alcove}
    Daemora likes this.
  20. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Word has it that a certain dwarf will be close to the gates of Kael Drakkel tomorrow (06-22-16) around 4:00 PM PST seeking some brave or perhaps fool hearty folks who are up to a wee bit of exploring. Mind now if you have done this before one cannot do it again.