Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Seefar Member

You can say that again!

Ok, ok, don't labour the point...

;)
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

Hey now, I love hearing that people are pleased with their Guides. :) Belabour it :)
    Rosyposy and Seefar like this.
  3. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Elyshka wanders around, tidying up things here and there, and notices a small scrap of parchment that appears to have fallen behind an overstuffed chair. She brushes it off, then carefully tacks it back up onto the calendar, to ensure that it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Rosyposy and Seefar like this.
  4. Seefar Member

Wouldn't it be so much better if the Guides were able to add these events to the in-game calendar?

... the very least The Makers could do would be to add an entry type 'guide event'. The only option open to me currently is to put these events under 'Other' -- which reminds me every time I do it how little respect The Makers' Overlords have for the untiring efforts of the Guides whose unpaid work bolsters their out-of-game plats....
  5. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Well... here's the deal there -- sometimes, Bad Stuff (tm) happens, and Guides might have to delay/postpone/cancel events on the fly. We do our very best to be there when we say that we're going to be there, but when Bad Stuff (tm) manages to get a flanking attack in, we just can't help but delay/postpone/cancel. That's why we don't always advertise our events, and just make our presence known in Norrath when the event starts.

Since The Powers That Be(tm) are in charge of all of the official calendar goings on, we would have to contact them to schedule/change/reschedule/cancel every time. And what happens when I want to run something Right Now!(tm)? Ain't nobody got time for that, I'm afraid. Buuuuuuut, you'll still see us here -- and in game -- to let you know ahead of time whenever possible, to keep an eye out for upcoming events. :)
  6. Seefar Member

I understand all that, but surely it's not beyond the wit of The Makers to build all that into the calendar system? I mean, The Makers are awesome! (Not as awesome as Guides, naturally, but nearly so). I can picture a system that would allow authorised Guides (maybe just Senior ones?) to add items to the calendar, and events that have to be cancelled at short notice could be annotated in the calendar with a napology, either a generic one (perhaps using some of your words here) or a specific one if the guide felt that to be warranted. Would save you having to repeat yourself, for one thing! :)

After all, not everyone who might be interested in what the Guides have to offer come here. And those that do won't always see relevant posts. Case in point: I missed the 'Axe' guide event yesterday -- even though I'd seen the notice for it a few days ago; a /doh moment. I've already done that quest but I do like to attend to offer (free!) bronze clusters to those who show up. Sometimes I'm just not organized enough. If it had been in the calendar, it might've been more likely I'd be able to attend. (Then again, maybe not. Other things intrude on non-Guides too!)

Of course I'm not talking 'just me'; surely that applies to other Norrathians, too?

... well, that's just the way I sees it.
  7. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Oh, I completely see your point. We'll add this to our Giant Wish List o' Stuff and cross our toes, eh? :)
    Seefar likes this.
  8. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Coming soon to a Halls of Fate near you!

Hello, Hoflings! Today's mail brought me a few interesting bits of gossip to share with you, so be on the look out for curiosities around the following times:
    • Wednesday, January 20th, around 3 pm PST - A would-be artisan is rather perplexed by options, and will be visiting the Isle of Mara to learn more about the vast world of tradeskills. Anyone with a bit of practice might be able to lend some assistance, were they willing to make the journey there.
    • Thursday, January 21st, around 6 am PST - An early morning hunt in the Enchanted Lands sounds invigorating, doesn't it? Why not stop by and lend a sword, spell, or arrow?
    Seefar and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Snivel New Member

Just wondered what happened to today's event that was posted, and re-posted?

Folks have been hanging around for quite a while now. If it's cancelled, please post.
  10. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Perhaps the spirit has been trapped? I'll go see if I can help part the veil so that someone can get through!

Update - Spoke with the spirits with the help of a medium, and was told that many heroes have come to lend aid. Check with your fellow adventurers, and perhaps they might direct you to where to find what you seek!
  11. Snivel New Member

It seems the Guide made it......eventually.

And I have been stood exactly where my fellow adventurers have been stood for some time.

Now we have mayhem.....

Whilst I appreciate RL sometimes gets in the way, perhaps someone should try to recall that 5:00pm PST is not that time globally.
  12. Elyshka Well-Known Member

Understood, and your patience is appreciated. Sometimes when RL does get in the way, these tinkered communication devices are unavailable -- but we shall endeavor to do our best to keep everyone updated whenever possible!
  13. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hello all,

I just spoke with Wolfrena who was out in The Commonlands for a couple of hours this evening seeking help from Norrathians in setting the spirit world aright. Wolfrena would like me to share her deepest apologies to all for her late start as she had to face traveling home in heavy snow and her trek took much longer than intended due to the peril.

She was thrilled by all of the Norrathians who came out to assist her cause, over 200, in fact, came to assist her this evening and she deeply appreciated the patience of all of those who waited while she wrote in each journal.

By the way, Wolfrena told me that she would be seeking the same help again on this coming Saturday, January 23rd at 12 noon PST (3pm EST) in The Commonlands by the West Freeport Gate in case there are Norrathians out there who missed her this time either due to the later hour or due to her delayed arrival.

By the way, I so very excited by all of the activity that is occurring on the forums! I love reading the posts and my favorite, of course, is seeing all the wonderful photos of the guide events and guide quests. :D
    Seefar, Aivet, Aegien and 1 other person like this.
  14. Aivet New Member

Wow! After 200+ adventurers, I hope someone gave Wolfrena a nice bowl of iced water to soak her journal writing hand in.
    Seefar likes this.
  15. Seefar Member

Wait...

What?

... oh, you mean this one:
    Ah, that would've been (scheduled for) 1am in my neck of the woods. I was snuggled up in my bed, snoozing the night away.

That must have been quite a sight! Anyone haz pikchers?
  16. Seefar Member

12 Noon PST
    AKA 3PM EST
    AKA 20:00 UTC

So many numbersies! So little time...
  17. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Seefar! Good to see you. I must admit I never realized that your time was so different than my own. I am glad that I try visit Norrath at different times so I have a chance to get to spend time with so many different Norrathian friends!
    Seefar likes this.
  18. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Aivet,

What a thoughtful suggestion you had. I let Wolfrena know and she was quite delighted by your caring although she did tell me that she didn't need any ice water as she was able to walk out of her home and dip her hand in the snow. :)
  19. mungee New Member

That said, I had a lovely visitor to come sit with me while I've been feeling poorly, and I managed to winkle out a little rumor to share:
    • Sunday, January 17th, around 11 am PST - A very particular dwarven collector is "axe"-ing for assistants with his work in the Butcherblock Mountains.
    [/quote]
    What a wonderful time to have the requested quest!...However the posting was not in time for me to see it before the event passed :(

I will request again next month and give more specific time request ( though it does seem pushy!) Still, I appreciate the desire to do the very best for us players and applaud our wonderful guides! Thank you for your service. Lovin the game and Lovin the guides.
  20. mungee New Member

I am looking forward to it! See you there!!