Maj'Dul Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

Excuse me Please:

In having recently learned of an interesting use of the Visage of Kael and the Mystic Moppet, I would like to learn when next the dwarf whose name I forget that needed assistance in the city of Kael that resulted in the Visage of Kael would be available again.
    It is a rather long-winded quest, which does seem to limit the Role Play option, which I do attempt to do when the opportunity presents itself.
    Upon completing the search I was requested to do, I looked for the dwarf at the gate into Outer Kael in Eastern Wastes, yet they had departed upon my return :(
    Daemora likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

By the way, the vase:
    \aITEM -1736057691 -1762309608:A Commemorative Trophy\/a
    would make an excellent, and certainly unique addition to the Liv' 'Inn Stone Museum on Maj'Dul which presents many stone statues, several of which are no longer available in the lands of Norrath, as well as many vases, urns, etc.

How might one obtain this rare vase?
    Which Gnomish archaeological dig need I attend to find this?
    Daemora likes this.
  3. Theason New Member

After being asked to become a guide a couple of times and that I had learned about these forums, the first step that I took was to create my own account for this. I would like to thank the people in the Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow chat channel on EQII for telling me about these forums. If I haven't ever knew about this, I probably wouldn't have knew anything and probably would have asked "what's a guide". ;) :(Sadly, I can't become a guide just yet...
    Daemora likes this.
  4. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Greetings Ceyarrecks!

To answer your first question, the Guides will remain around for sometime after the quest is given, however there is no set time frame. It is very possible on quests that complete without you needing to return to the Guide, after a period of time, that Guide will depart. This could be 30 minutes, or it could be an hour or more depending on how many players arrive to participate, and when the players stop showing up.

To answer your second question, as Guides we cannot provide information on how or where to obtain items, or what quests may provide them. Sadly, revealing things like that, does attract the ire of the EQII Gods, and we prefer to remain in their good graces :) For answers to things like this you may want to check with your fellow players for details.

I hope this helps a bit!
    Daemora likes this.
  5. Miriele Senior EQ Tunare

Thank you to everyone who came out for the Thundering Steppes Races today! :D

Congratulations to our top 3 racers! Himilie, Sarsaparilla and Zipididoda who all had a time of 120 seconds! Great job!
    Daemora likes this.
  6. Daemora Active Member

Personally, I do not understand the secretiveness the EQII Gods seem to relish, as it sometimes makes things extremely difficult for players to figure out...especially when google search does not reveal information needed, and the hints in game are not very forthcoming in many instances. General chat is 90% of the time impossible to get answers from other players...mostly just get trolled or no answer at all. This, however, is not something the guides have any control over. Therefore I understand that this is not an issue to be brought up with the guides, but with the DBG staff itself.

As the guides are themselves limited to real life time schedules as much as the players are...I should think that information for these particular quests/item rewards should be even more revealing than quests given by npc's, to allow more people to be able to participate in them. Too much of the player base is excluded simply due to lack of information available to them, and real life scheduling conflicts between the guides and players. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of available information on these quests, but I do not hold our lovely guides as accountable for this. I am still grateful to them for visiting with us and making our game play experience that much more enjoyable. I am also disappointed in the player base that find the need to goad and insult the guides, showing them a total lack of respect and disregard for the kindness the guides bestow upon us in game. I truly wish the powers that be would be more agreeable to the passing on of this information, as it would certainly open these quests/items up to a much wider group of people.

I do have another guide related question...one that hopefully can be answered without any repercussions. On Feb 26 Norika was supposed to tour one of my homes I recently published. Unfortunately, real life had me quite busy at that time, and there was no reminder posted on or near the date the tour was to take place and I totally forgot about it. Someone on the EQII forums hinted at there being a thread that Norika posts such information, but I don't know if that 'hint' was referring to an existing thread or if it was a suggestion that she make a thread where she would post her home tours. If such a thread does indeed exist, I certainly would love to know where it is (hopefully not Facebook as I refuse to participate in anything on that site). I would still love to have Norika visit and tour my home (my alt, Pvsspvss N'boots home that is).

Perhaps Norika could have a separate thread here in the guide forums, where she can post the times and dates she will be touring as well as the server she will be visiting, and whose homes she will tentatively be touring, the way she posts them here in this thread. If Norika's thread is locked to others, so that her tour announcements will always remain visible to those visiting the thread, it will make things so much easier to keep track of. Thank you's and requests for tours and other replies could continue to be made in this thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I would find this to be most helpful. :)
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  7. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

03-08-16 at 4:00 PM PST a ghostly orc will be in the area of Orc Hill in Greater Faydark. He was betrayed and is now seeking vengeance.
    Daemora likes this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

Which Orc? What is this ghostly orc's history? Are they pining against the Elves their contemporaries have long battled?
    if so, I can not assist this orc, as I consider the Elvish community an ally, and many of my closest friends happen to be Elvish.
    Daemora likes this.
  9. Fyuri Active Member

unfortunately i won't be in the game for a few days. my computer which i just bought had to be replaced. the new computer will take a few days to get here. so i will miss a lot of stuff. i will look forward to getting back into the game sometime next week. until then, i can check the forums and email. have fun everyone
    Daemora likes this.
  10. Daemora Active Member

Hmm, sounds to me like his own kind betrayed him and now he seeks vengeance against them. Perfect opportunity for you to take out some orcs, maybe. :D
  11. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Do ye like beer? Well my friend Haldenal does, find him Tuesday March 8, 2016 at 800 PM PT in Antonica between the North and South Qeynos gates.
  12. Theason New Member

After a few people came to the guide event just now. I appreciated the guides for coming out and helping out with us for avenging them. It was quite fun when I mentored down to level 5 before they left. I helped avenge them after a while, and it was neat to hear the stories they had about a haunted house. I even learned the orcish language, but what was funny is that the guild I am in is called Ghost Chapel. I would love to see them again. ;)
    Daemora likes this.
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Active Member

my most humblest apologies, I missed this event as Real Life(tm) intervened; mayhaps upon the next haunting of said orc shall I attend.
    Daemora likes this.
  14. Daemora Active Member

I enjoyed participating in this event, and as Thea said, the discussion on a haunted house/haunted grove for NotD was quite enjoyable. Would be great if the ghostly orc Brothers Grind (aka Bro's Grimm reference) could plan a haunted house party for NotD, lol. Thank you for the lovely event and the great house items. :)
    Theason likes this.
  15. Cass New Member

Neb newsie again?? One of my toons missed it! How Uncool, she was playing hide and seek with the wild rabbits.
  16. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

While I cannot promise any certain time or day I will pass the request on
  17. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

March 16 at 4;00 PM PST A researcher will in New Halas (newbie area) seeking aid in finding out about the fungoids there.
    Fyuri likes this.
  18. Fyuri Active Member

posted. i haven't done this one before so i am hoping i can manage be in the game during that time. my mom is on a trip so taking care of the animals is my duty and also my family are all here redoing my mom's room as a surprise for her
  19. Eleressa Secretkeeper Guest

Do you like tales of lore? Meet a member of the Loresinger clan for a story of storms on Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 800 PM PT in Antonica near the lighthouse.
  20. Kellin Senior EQ2 Valor

Due a change in scheduling the researcher will be in New Halas tonight (03-14-16) instead of Wednesday (03-16-16) same time 4:00 PM PST
    She hopes to see all of you out there