Halls of Fate Guide Events

Discussion in 'EverQuest II Guide Events' started by Elyshka, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Aurawynd Guide EQ2 Halls of Fate

**UPCOMING EVENT ** On Weds Jan the 27th, at approx 12PM PT in the area of the Thundering Steppes will be a very distraught individual! He has lost something VERY important! If you are skilled at finding that which means to remain hidden, and are quick on your feet - Well this is the place for you to be! See you there!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Norika Policy Team Member

Norika Reminders :)

Sunday, January 24: 1-3 PM PT ~ Tell-A-Tale at the Windstalker Tavern in Antonica (you all tell me YOUR PG-13 tales)

Sunday, January 31: 1-3 PM PT ~ Home & Guild Hall Tours (Just gonna combine them this time and see how it goes!) Host(esse)s that have offered: Chikki, Daerman, Ambral, Betny, Celeial, Shambul, Dahdyo, Lynarra, and Ineria for the Guild hall
  3. Necroconz Guide EQ2 Isle of Refuge

Hi Everyone!

Don't forget to go help Wolfrena today in The Commonlands at 12:00noon PST. She needs adventures to help her set the spirit world to rights! Unfortunately, I cannot be there so I hope you will take some pictures for me and post them here so I can enjoy them!
  4. Norika Policy Team Member

5. Elyshka Well-Known Member

If one should find themselves in Greater Faydark this evening (January 26th) around, oh, say 7 pm PST, one might want to be on the look out for an odd little gnome that is fascinated by bright, shiny lights.
  6. Seefar Member

Blast. Anyone have a time machine handy?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Norika Policy Team Member

Hi everyone...I am sorry to say that Home Tours won't happen today (Sunday, February 31st from 1-3 PM PT) as I don't feel well. Rescheduled for February 20th from 1-3 PM PT, to not collide with Erollisi festivities. My deepest apologies.
  8. Seefar Member

So sorry to hear that you're unwell, here's hoping you feel better soon! :)
  9. Thornscar New Member

Speaking for the entire server, as much as we love your House Tours, we love you more, Esteemed Guide Norika. (There was much gasping in chat when it was announced that you were unwell!) Everyone hopes that you feel better IMMEDIATELY, and we are glad that you canceled so that you can rest. Please take care of yourself! And if apprentice guide Atsali should bring you soup... well, better have her taste it first, in front of you. Much love from Halls of Fate.
    Rosyposy and Seefar like this.
  10. Thornscar New Member

Can't wait until Erollisi Day festivities begin, so that we can shower you with flowers as well as hugs. We'll win you over yet, Apprentice Guide Atsali!
  11. Elyshka Well-Known Member

The little gnome with a penchant for brightness had such good luck last week, that a visit to New Halas is planned for tomorrow! February 2nd, around 7 pm PST.
  12. Norika Policy Team Member

Greetings, a family of dwarves have suddenly decided, today, Monday February 1st, that they need your help in Kael Drakkel. You'll see them near the Walk of Glory, just in front of the entrance to Kael Drakkel at about 12:30 PM PT. Two of them are very young dwarves, so I cannot promise that they will be there at 12:30 on the dot, so please be patient with them.
  13. Seefar Member

Grrrr... flaming gnomish widgets... tried to enter this in the calendar but it said 'You cannot create a nevent in the past.' The calendar is clearly existentially deficient!
  14. Norika Policy Team Member

Thank you for understanding about the Home Tours and caring about me, my dear friends. Toothache may keep me from the Tell-A-Tale on Saturday the 6th at 1-3 PM PT; I am not sure of that, just wanted to give you a heads-up on the possibility.
    Seefar likes this.
  15. Seefar Member

While I do appreciate the attempt to help, just FYI: If I try to use the linked time converter to convert '7pm 02Feb2016 US/Pacific' into my time zone, I have to scroll down through no less than forty-two different 'Pacific' zones before reaching the one called 'US/Pacific' (which is just above 'US/Pacific-New', whatevertheheckthatis).

And I speaka-de-English; my heart goes out to those of Daybreak's customers who don't -- especially the paying ones -- and who have to struggle with constant parochial nonsense like this.

Humans! :eyeroll:

Yes, I've had a not-very-good-at-all day. I shall now attempt to regain my equanimity (because Quellious said so).
  16. Rosyposy Active Member

Ouch! I don't blame you for feeling grumpy.

I'd never looked at the time converter, so I checked it out. I tried converting US/Pacific to US/Pacific-New to see if there is any difference. I've never heard of US/Pacific-New, and no time difference is showing today. (Maybe it shows Daylight Saving Time?)

I clicked into the first time zone box, hit the letter u then hit page down twice to find US/Pacific time. You should be able to do something similar with your time zone in the second box... hit the first letter then page down as needed... hope this helps!
    Seefar likes this.
  17. Seefar Member

Ah, my mistake: though I do appreciate the thought, I wasn't actually looking for a solution. I am reasonably widget-literate -- I don't have a problem using that time converter myself -- I'm just infuriated by the continual need to do so. There are better ways, though clearly nobody who can make a change on this issue considers that's so (this was true for SoE, it also seems true for Daybreak). It's in my nature to tilt at windmills.

I should explain: I have a macro that I hit on the hour when the bells start ringing in Norrath for the regular Tuesday down period, so as to try to help communicate reality to the community (some of whom taunt me for what they clearly believe to be number illiteracy on my part: thus missing the point entirely). There's really no reason* that the automated message can't state the number of hours/ minutes until the scheduled downtime (a truly trivial coding exercise) instead of dogmatically using a timezone that only has relevance to a proportion of Daybreak's customers, while (potentially, at least) causing totally unecessary confusion for everyone else.

* None that I can think of that is, apart from a marketing need on the part of Daybreak to constantly remind all its customers, all over the world, that (presumably) Norrath was designed, built and is maintained on the West coast of the USA. It's pretty clear that the Quest for Immersion died the death some years back; using /time, for instance, would be far more flavourful. Having a little ticking bomb in the corner of the screen, maybe one that got gradually more insistent and exploded in fireworks just before the appointed moment would be even more so.

Someone told me once that computers were good at manipulating numbers, you see, and that they held the promise to free us all from drudgery. I've yet to see any real evidence of that, here and elsewhere. All I see are perpetual upgrades that have inbuilt elements of downgrades in them. Relatively recent MS-Windows issues are a case in point. (There was much unneeded change: why? The Almighty Buck, that's why, lining micro$haft's pocketses at the expense of everyone else whose daily work depends on their systems and who have to struggle to constantly relearn the same things, such as how version 67.345b of the eScrewdriver is now meant to be manipulated, where all the important bugs in it were cured in version 5.8, decades ago...)

Excuse me, I have to go: I can hear Quellious calmly suggesting that I should return to my equanimity exercises.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Rosyposy Active Member

Gotcha. :cool:
    Seefar likes this.
  19. Aurawynd Guide EQ2 Halls of Fate

** UPCOMING EVENT** On Mon Feb, 8th at approx 12 noon PST in Darklight Woods will be a Storyteller! If you are interested in Lore, Legend, and the History of Norrath - you do not want to miss this event! To hear the stories of legend brought to life, by someone of such talent! See you there!
    Seefar and Rosyposy like this.
  20. mungee New Member

Would Like to request a wedding Saturday 3/5 if possible. The Hawkes would like to renew their vows now that they have settled in Qeynos. Would be much obliged if a wedding planner could help me make arrangements to have it in the Hold of Prexus where the Christmas party was? Lladee and Thundar will appreciate it.

On another note, would request the Quest: Axe and you shall receive for some Saturday this month?? Pretty please with faeberries on it? Before 3pm?? Double hugs if you can. Thank you to all the Guides for the efforts they put forward in our behalf
    Seefar likes this.