What are you most interested in participating in at SOE Live 2014?

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

SOE Live 2014
    Blog by Terry "Fairan" Michaels, Senior Producer

Hello, everyone!

So, we’re starting to get ready for our major summer event, SOE Live. This is a time we all love because it gives us a chance to get together with a bunch of people that love the same things we do and chat!

Last year’s event was when we officially revealed EverQuest Next and first announced Landmark. It was an incredible experience to share that news with you – the community – first. Our panels and events last year were focused on giving you LOTS of information about the ideas behind the game and the plans for the Development cycle. We had the major keynote/reveal on Friday morning, and followed that up with panels about both Landmark and EverQuest Next.

This year, we’re starting to plan what types of panels and events we’re going to have at SOE Live specifically for Landmark and EverQuest Next. Since you’re part of our giant Development teams for these games, we wanted you to weigh in on what you’re hoping to talk to us about this summer in Las Vegas. If you’ve never been to SOE Live, here’s a bit of information about the types of panels we normally have. Big concept and niche game topic panels are usually a 50 minute presentation. Workshops and Q&A sessions are more attendee-driven, either to work on/design a certain aspect of the game, or to just ask questions and get answers from the team. The other events – live quests, parties, and brunch – are more social activities, and a time for you to get to know us, as well as hang out with your fellow gamers.

So, with the poll choices below, let us know what kinds of things you’d most like to see or participate in this year at SOE Live (even if your answer is “All of the Above” – pick your #1 option for the poll). Leave us comments on the forums with specific panel topics or event ideas.

We hope you’ll join us this summer in Las Vegas!

Response Video:

• Up x 3
  2. Archlyte Active Member

Thank you for posting this thread. As an attendee of last year's SOE Live I can say that it was a great atmosphere, and the events and panels were very enjoyable.

As someone who is primarily interested in EQNext, I am considering going again based pretty much purely on what new information there will be about EQNext.

* Specifics about Classes (like someone saying x class will be in the game)

* Specifics about Combat

* Information about progress and status of EQNext, a Roadmap to Release of some kind

* Information about the architecture of the game: how much sandbox? What quests and instanced dungeons will be like.

I just kind of feel like there has been a dearth of focus on the MMORPG vs. the building game. I hope that SOE Live 2014 isn't built in the same ratio as the rest of our info.
    • Up x 7
  3. SylvariHerald New Member

Like the poster before me, "I am considering going again based pretty much purely on what new information there will be about EQNext." - Archlyte.

I am loving Landmark, but I am ready for more info about EQNext, I cannot wait to find out more about the classes and races that will be featured, and also I want to hear more about the combat system.

Please give us more info on EQNext whenever you can, I am sure I am not the only one craving new updates on the game.
    • Up x 6
  4. Apple New Member

EQ - next please!
    • Up x 7
  5. Zeoni Member

Ever thing and anything about EverQuest Next and if nothing I'll take H1Z1 nothing like blowing a few Zombie Heads off to cool off (except pool parties).
    • Up x 4
  6. murky New Member

some EQ next gameplay :)
    • Up x 9
  7. Racthoh New Member

i realize most of the focus will probably be on Landmark but i am most interested and excited for new EQN information.

some things i would like to see in a 'big concept or niche game topic' presentation:

class progression. maybe take us through the process of unlocking a class and taking it to the final tier of progression. for example will there be any kill x monsters or collect y herbs to unlock a new spell? how many hours played will it take? and of course revealing a new class or two would be pretty awesome.

bosses. will they be the hardest pve content to take down? will groups for any of them be completely optional and they'd be completely soloable? will any of them be instanced? if a group is required on any bosses or raids, what size will the group be? will they drop the best loot in the game?

player made content. you could do like an in depth roundtable response to the current threads on this topic. both player housing and if we'll be able to build a dungeon with enemy AI and create our own bosses.

jalena and keeshar. what have they been up to for the last year? have they made any new friends? :D more live actual gameplay video would be awesome, even if the game hasn't come too far from when we last saw them.

i realize a lot of this stuff you probably cannot share with us yet, i was just kind of letting my imagination run wild. but anything you do have for us please share!
    • Up x 6
  8. Aazimar Well-Known Member

Everquest Next info and any panels related to it. :D
    • Up x 6
  9. Grumbles New Member

My main focus will be getting information on the status and plans for Landmark.

I also have an interest in Next and likely will try to attend some of those sessions as well. And if that leaves any holes in ny schedule, I'll likely try to slip into some of the EQII sessions.

And if things work out and there are still holes in my schdule, I'll try to see what's happening with H1Z1.

This will be my first time at SOE Live, so a lot of what I'll be doing is getting a feel for the overall event and how the sessions are organized. Not sure whether it will be panels or workshops that interest me most, and I'll try to sample both types.
    • Up x 1
  10. Rawl New Member

Actually, I'm most interested in participating in and/or going to Player Studio panels as they apply to EQ, EQ2, Landmark and Next. I want to find out when I can start making and submitting "props" for Landmark and Next. :)

Also, I've very interested in socializing with those who are interested in and have bought my previous Player Studio items, as well as celebrating in general. Eat! Drink! and be Merry!
    • Up x 1
  11. Zeoni Member

same here ..I kind of have an idea of time when things happen because I made a note what I wanted to see if went last year going to try and go this year.
    • Up x 1
  12. MrInquisitor New Member

Next information. More information on classes, crafting, quests, and lore!
    • Up x 6
  13. Shrouded Hope Active Member

Lore panels.
    I have watched the lore panels posted on youtube by Curse way too many times, just to absorb all the lore.
    I intend to do the same if/when we hopefully get to see moar lore panels this year.

The roleplaying community is sitting on their hands waiting on lore about 'recent history', because it is the time that affects their characters the most. The 500 years of slavery. What was life like during that time? How did cultures, tradition and other knowledge and expertise survive?
    How much time has passed between the Combine's freedom from slavery under the Shissar and their arrival back on Amaril. In other words, how long they stayed on Kunark after being freed. Weeks? Months? Decades? This question is important when considering the age of the characters. It's the difference between "everyone is born a slave" and "there's these young folks who were born free."

Clarifications on the big picture and racial lore. Are Akashidak, Odus and Norrath different planets or are the first two continents on Norrath? What happened to the Teir'Dal to change them so? Are there spellcasters at all in ogre tradition? Are ogres and dwarves buddies because they came from the same planet/place?
    What was Shissar/Iksar culture like? Another important question to someone who is creating a ex-slave character.

The lore this far has been amazing. Can't wait to learn more.
    • Up x 2
  14. Silv New Member

There's an issue with RPGs that I'd like to check with EQ Next developers: will servers be global or region specific? I played the first EQ a while back and could use it to play socially with friends in Europe. WoW did not allow this at all (restricted to US or Oceanic servers if you play in Australia).
    • Up x 1
  15. Snakebite84 New Member

Id like to hear about EQN race/class creation, projected release dates, ps4 information, and more about the continent (oceans, underground, different planes, mobs/bosses), and about community events outside of crafting/building
    • Up x 4
  16. Drokk New Member

Anything and everything about EQN.
    • Up x 4
  17. Freeccs Active Member

As someone who can't attend even though I would like to I have to agree with above posters that EQN would be my whole focus. I like EQNL, but EQN is what I am really looking forward to and it is getting very little attention compared to EQNL which is kind of even driving me away from the forums because too little is getting released.

I know I'll be trying to find information online that gets revealed and as far as EQN goes I hope we get more about classes/itemization and progression/combat/the world/sandbox vs themepark/server types and hardcore vs casual/your view on in-game longterm goals/maybe even hints about a timetable. So yeah, any of the options you gave would be fine, as long as it has more focus on EQN! :)
    • Up x 3
  18. Racthoh New Member

i feel the same as some of you guys above about wanting to see release dates and timetables on EQN but chances are they can't really confirm anything about it. but it would be awesome.

but i would it be possible to talk about the possibilities of alpha testing and how it can or cannot be compared to the way Landmark is being tested? and where you're at on preparation before getting it started. because i do have a few questions about all that.

like will there be founders packs? will current founders pack (Landmark) owners be automatically invited? and if so, would they be invited over time (like a closed beta selection, but from only a pool of the Landmark (trailblazer only?)testers) or invite them all at once?

or will it be like a regular in-house alpha test? i'm not too interested in beta dates though, because i assume that might be something to talk about for SOE Live 2015 haha. or maybe i'm way off on that too.
    • Up x 2
  19. morrythunder Active Member

Looks like people really want more info about EQNext.

I'm not surprised.
    • Up x 2
  20. Aazimar Well-Known Member

This is very important to me as well. To me, the lore so far is only so so - I still feel its been developed around mass market game design (or limitations) and in that attempt it's weak. Maybe I feel this way from my past experience with Everquest and Everquest 2. Whether players liked the lore presented in both those games or not, they can't deny the lore was robust and deep. The current lore feels very neutral and base.

That's not to say I'm closed off to what Next has to offer lore wise, I'm just hoping for something a little more Tolkein and a little less Stephenie Meyer (<- the Author of Twilight). I want to see a deep, expansive lore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.