The Essential Guide to Landmark and EQNext Events at SOE Live (Updated August 7)

Discussion in 'News, Announcements, and Dev Discussions' started by Dexella, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

By Tiffany “Amnerys” Spence

If one (or two) of the reasons you’re coming to SOE Live is to get up to date on all the news and announcements about Landmark and EverQuest Next, then you’ll want to keep this guide handy.

Here in one easy at-a-glance list is everything you don’t want to miss about these two upcoming SOE games.

Landmark:

Thursday, August 14:

9:00 PM – 1:00 AM: Landmark Building Event
    Join with fellow builders overnight on the first night of SOE Live for a special event! Following the Welcome Reception, head out to the Mezzanine at 9:00PM PDT to join in this special building activity It's guaranteed to be an exciting adventure!

Friday, August 15:

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Landmark Keynote
    This is a panel not to be missed! Join us for the Landmark keynote panel. More details to come! This event is part of our livestream schedule.

12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Landmark Live Quest: Dice Game
    Can you harvest enough rare resources to come out on top in our Landmark dice game? This year’s live quest borrows from familiar dice games, but with Landmark-specific twists. Can you "craft" enough tools to come out on top?

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Landmark: Building Tools – Current and Future Plans
    Join the team as we talk about the current building tools, some of the things you can do with them and discuss planned improvements, and share ideas and suggestions for making them better!

Saturday, August 16:

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: The Islands of Landmark
    Let’s talk about all the procedural generated goodness in the world. Find out how all of the pieces fit together and give the team ideas and suggestions on how you think we could make them cooler and more interesting!

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Combat in Landmark
    Let’s talk about combat in Landmark! Items, abilities, Monsters, PVP and more!

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Landmark Wiki on Gamepedia: A Live Interactive Tutorial
    Join the team from Curse/Gamepedia for this overview of the Landmark Wiki, including a general tutorial and other exciting interactive activities. Rumor has it there will be prize giveaways!

Sunday, August 17:

12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Landmark Q&A
    Come ask questions of the team! First person to stump a dev wins!

EverQuest Next:

Friday, August 15:

10:00AM - 11:00AM: EverQuest Next Keynote
    This is a panel not to be missed! Join us for the EverQuest Next keynote panel. More details to come! This event is part of our livestream schedule.

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: EverQuest Next: Fiction and Lore
    Join our loremasters in exploring fantastic tales set within our re-imagined Norrath. We'll answer your questions about the fiction released to date, and hint at the direction of the stories to come.

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: EverQuest Next: The Tech Evolution of the World
    Come and find out some of the details of how we got to the current technology being used in both EverQuest Next!

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: The Classes of EverQuest Next
    Lean about how classes will work in EverQuest Next, including how to build your class and how that will impact combat. This event is part of our livestream schedule.

Saturday, August 16:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Content of EverQuest Next
    Learn more about how the team is working with Storybricks to create content in ways that will make the world of Norrath come alive in EverQuest Next.

If you haven’t reserved yourself for SOE Live yet, it’s not too late! Head over to the SOE Live site to do that now, then check the full event lineup for a complete list of all the weekend’s activities.

We’ll see you in Vegas!
  2. lungz Member

so basically 2 hours of non fluff info on Next. (if we are lucky)
    not surprising considering how far out the actual game is but pretty disappointing none the less given an entire year of prep time for this.
    • Up x 1
  3. HDHarris New Member

Time spent actually building and perfecting the things they're going to talk about so...

What did you want?
  4. HDHarris New Member

As usual, when lacking an actual answer, resort to personal attacks and negative inferences.

Anyway, what I meant was you implied that they are talking a relatively short amount of time about Next (ignoring that they are probably going to include more info during the keynote and landmark vs Next sessions), and that they have had a whole year to prepare for it so obviously this amount of time was unacceptable. My response was they have been working on systems that we know very little about for the express purpose of putting them on display, and no doubt entering into a post-live news cycle where they dole out more info and deeper explanations, wherein you would find out more, as was the case last year after the Next and Landmark announcement. I had thought that obvious but clearly your "helmet" was interfering with your reading, eh?
  5. lungz Member

sorry but i dont care enough about any of your opinions to argue with you here. i was just stating my disappointment with the amount of time dedicated to the real game that 99% of the people are here for.

keep telling yourself they are setting up to give us so much more info "post-live" though. cause we all know the mass wealth of info that came out after last years live was just mind boggling...
  6. MrFester New Member

Looks about right, we might get repeated stuff as well. So an hour I am guessing and no solid information.
  7. Fazool & Ethyre Active Member

I was mildly interested as EQ2 tried to get its legs but was turned off by the WoW-cartoony characters, exclamation points and text-bubble dumbed-down quests. I then waited for years, following the hope of Vanguard, only to watch that never fulfill its promise. I've followed every rumour of Everquest 3 until it formally became EQN, and was restarted twice. Then I watched the beginnings of EQN/LM, which morphed into LM.

As a former (very) hardcore EQ player, I think many like me have been waiting a very long time, many years in fact. I think we've waded through unfulfilled promises over and over.

So which is worse? wait longer or be disappointed by an unfulfilled hope? Both are bad.

After so many false starts, unrealized opportunities and years of delays, my reaction is to automatically be disappointed, frustrated and discouraged.

I hope SOE Live can do something for players like me who really need some hope to cling to for a future Norrath.
  8. Zinwrath Member

Is it sad I have already memorized this?

SUPER excited. Going to be an exciting little vacation for me. Chilling and socializing with like minded people. Very very cool!
  9. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Heya folks,

A few updates -- we added the livestream plans. Please note, these are subject to change! But the plan right now is to stream both the Landmark and the EQN keynotes, as well as the one EQN/Landmark combo panel.

Also, in case you're interested, we added three new panels today specifically about Twitch TV/streaming! These panels are:

Friday, August 15
    2:00PM - 3:00PM: Twitch Streaming 101
    Have you ever considered playing games in front of a live audience and possibly even getting paid for it? Experienced Twitch streamers walk you through the dos and don'ts of getting a livestream up and running!

Saturday, August 16
    5:00PM - 6:00PM: Communities, Streaming, and You!
    Streaming channels are more than broadcasts - they become vibrant communities of gamers and friends. Join some of Twitch's streamers as they discuss how they built a community and what their communities mean to them.

Sunday, August 17
    1:00PM - 2:00PM: Twitch Q&A
    Bring your questions for some of the biggest stars on Twitch.tv! They'll be discussing how they got started, how they got noticed, the funniest things that have happened and more!

As stated earlier, our schedule is always subject to change. Please check back for any additional schedule updates (there were more today, not just Landmark/EQN!). Also, make sure you're following our social media channels for all the great event info, live as it happens from the convention in Vegas!

Thanks,
    Dexella
  10. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Updates! We've changed the day/time and slightly updated the descriptions of two of the EverQuest Next panels:

Friday, August 15:

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The Classes of EverQuest Next
    Learn about how classes will work in EverQuest Next, including how to build your class and how that will impact combat.

Saturday, August 16:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Content of EverQuest Next
    Learn more about how the team is working with Storybricks to create content in ways that will make the world of Norrath come alive in EverQuest Next.
  11. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

MORE UPDATES!

We have removed one panel (the EQN/Landmark combo-panel) and replaced it with EverQuest Next: Fiction and Lore -
    "Join our loremasters in exploring fantastic tales set within our re-imagined Norrath. We'll answer your questions about the fiction released to date, and hint at the direction of the stories to come."

Also, we move this panel to a new time and added it to our livestream schedule: 6:00PM - 7:00PM: The Classes of EverQuest Next - "Learn about how classes will work in EverQuest Next, including how to build your class and how that will impact combat."
  12. y0m New Member

So few livestreams about EQN and Landmark compared to 2013.
    Will there be youtube videos of all the panels and keynotes ?
  13. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

Not filmed by us, but we do allow anyone to record panels, and many fansites often publish videos after the fact. We will share those if/when we find them. :)
  14. Dexella Content & Social Media Manager

LAST MINUTE UPDATE: the Classes of EQN panel (happening right now at 6:00PM PDT) is going to be on www.twitch.tv/everquestnext. Tune in NOW!!!
  15. mageman1842 New Member

Was the Saturday 11-12PM Content of EQNext recorded and uploaded? I finally tracked down the Keynote for both Next and Landmark. Just wondering if anything on Saturday will be up too. I want to learn more about Storybricks and what I can do with it.
  16. Ploddy New Member

Just found lots of recordings (SOE live 2014) by clicking on SOE channel and then checking the (past broadcasts) in top left corner.

Hope that helps
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.