The Inner Space of Voxelmancy

Discussion in 'Update Notes and Developer Discussion' started by Smokejumper, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartstopper Founder

I don't understand the logic here. Being able to adjust the points directly would hugely simplify the shaping process, not make it more complicated like you make it sound. In short, this would make everything easier not harder.
    Astrée, Teryn and Zeuljii like this.
  2. Aud Founder

I'm pretty new to Landmark and I can say that being able to point to a voxel on the shape and change it would be tremendously easier than the reactors. I agree with you that the "VAST majority" that includes me can't figure out the reactors and what to load into them and how to arrange them to get a shape we can clearly see in our heads. Not everything looks nice being a stack of standard cubes. To Smokejumper, it's a game about creating things (at this point anyway) so it is mostly an art game to me or at least that I why I am playing and why I bought a pack so I can keep going when my beta key ends. Without creating things, I will run out of reasons to dig holes.
  3. lordbyronkey Founder

This is a wonderful guide. Very illuminating, and way easier to reference and use than watching countless hours of people that love hearing themselves talk showing you in videos. That gets old.

However, that said, video tutorials can also be useful. It's just that most do not have a speech outline written so they end up rambling about nothing a lot.

It's just nice to have this explanation in easy to reference black and white. It makes it so that I even know how to search for videos that show me what the3 guide is explaining.

Well done sir. Well done.
  4. fsong Founder

Wow very helpful info thanks I can't wait to try this out... maybe fix all those warped walls/stairs :)
  5. Teryn Trailblazer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.