Build softly, and carry a big stick ... combat is coming!

Discussion in 'Update Notes and Developer Discussion' started by Domino, Mar 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadam Founder

"....

There is more than what you are seeing here. It's coming.... ! :)
    ..."

:D

thank you DBG, dev team landmark, windstalker and Domino for this news :p, I m happy for the community but it's not finish :) if I understand the small sentance of "windstalker". What is the next?
    Zimnel and Curamach like this.
  2. Windstalker Developer

We have mountains on our plates with what we are doing now and trying to get it done well. We have no plans to grant whole islands at this point. We will see how we go with the update.
    Auspex, Arazons, Aldente and 7 others like this.
  3. Arkade Founder

This is definitely more than I expected and is a good start toward giving building a purpose. I'm anxious to see what else they have in store for this update.

I do hope, however, that DBG will actually listen to our feedback on this stuff, and clue us into their plans for the future. What sort of additional functionality is planned. What improvements are in the pipeline. We don't need to know when the stuff will be coming, but we do need to know what you are working on so that we can give proper feedback. In short, you need to re-engage with the community.
  4. Dalvasha Trailblazer

I think you should just tell us all whats coming after spending money to buy into the EQN beta with trailblazer packs. after letting the entire community down for the failure of EverQuest Next. Daybreak should unveil it all whats coming this month with landmark. Not to mention the beta keys with trail blazer packs now we have to pay 10 dollars to activate the accounts.
  5. ManInLevis Trailblazer

Thank you for being engaged with the community in this process. There are a lot more questions that have been posed that need to be addressed. Answering the hard ones is not going to hurt you any more than not answering.
  6. twistedsoul Trailblazer

Not every one came here for EQN.
    Ansalen, Zlyvr, Hopestealer and 4 others like this.
  7. Raz Trailblazer

It is nice to see you excited about Landmark again. :p
  8. Rafkin Trailblazer

Except for the part where you have to adventure to collect NPCs it sounds great. Combat is the worst part of the game and I don't want to see more stuff forcing me to do it. I'd rather buy them on the Marketplace but then, like everything else I've bought, you'd make them obsolete
    Curamach likes this.
  9. Jadam Founder

I keep in mind its probably just the basic function but after the release of the game, more content will be probably add for completed the tool and the function. The door is just starting to be open :)to the new landmark world.
    twistedsoul, Kurisutaru and Curamach like this.
  10. Vanderbilt Trailblazer

Hmmm. Who saw that coming? Interesting.
    twistedsoul likes this.
  11. Knoober Trailblazer

We just need to dangle a bigger karat :)

Thanks for the response, and we understand totally. Sometime in the next few months after the update is out and stable enough, I would love to revisit the whole island rental idea.

Thanks!
    Gaius likes this.
  12. Deek101 Founder

Wow! Now that sparks my imagination. I can see building structures just to make the best use of these. What fun!
    Curamach and twistedsoul like this.
  13. Zadira Kindleriver Trailblazer

Does this mean that we might be able to have bunnies and squirrels running around on our claim?
    Thrasymachus and Kurisutaru like this.
  14. Mandible Founder

That checkbox is probably meant to be the default action when there is nothing external triggering the spawn. If you wanted to spawn from a trigger you would uncheck that box and setup the trigger manually using the existing L&T menu system.
    Curamach, Terrogaunt and AugurDev like this.
  15. FrigoPorco Trailblazer

Ok, this has my attention. Pussycats dungeon coming right up. I've been watching.
    Knoober, SuperNova, Raz and 1 other person like this.
  16. Obrae Dorfbane Trailblazer

It’s amusing to see the community’s response changing from pitchfork and torches to applaud with such a minor announcement in the big scheme of things. It just goes to show how easy things could turn around for the future success of Landmark.

If we see a better combat system, a crafting overhaul, at least some improvements to the AI, and optimizations in the upcoming updates it just could mean good things. As long as there isn’t monetization of content before the game is in a much healthier state.

Obviously there is a lot more complexity that could be added into this particular feature, as I am sure the developers are aware. I feel it is wise to get the basics of it polished and tested before anything further gets added to it or any promises be made.

I always felt splitting landmark and EQN apart was a mistake. I have grown to enjoy building in landmark quite a bit, but I always felt it was more of a feature than a standalone game.

Homogenization of any EQN content that is usable for landmark is probably the best thing we could hope for at this point.

This seems to be indicating that could definitely be a possibility. This could help placate some of the community members who are upset over the cancellation of EQN. As someone who joined only because of EQN it would go a long way for me personally to see the races of Norrath and other familiar additions in Landmark.

Hell players will probably make amazing versions of dungeons from EQ and EQ2 and their imaginations just with this feature alone. Imagine what could be built if we had all the resources of EQN at our disposal?
  17. twistedsoul Trailblazer

I am sure they will be for sale if you don't want to go adventure for them, would only make sense with there being a market place for them to make money.
  18. MasterMagnus Trailblazer

In truth it is only a rudimentary interface with already existing systems.

They've been spawning mobs for a while.
    They've given us the game table which creates an 'On Demand Claim-wide Instance' for PvP.
    They spawn characters into the game table instances.

This is just a simple interface to tie those things together. With existing art assets for mobs.

They were working on EQN and then came back to here. This was not a feature for EQN, so what would we expect.

I am excited to see the first pass at this stuff. I've made it known I think this level of first iteration should have happened long ago.

Just my opinion though.
  19. twistedsoul Trailblazer

Or dogs to chase them off. lol JK
  20. Souldar Trailblazer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.