ZOMG quit randomly replacing things on my hotbars when i level

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL, Aug 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    AWESOME!! thank you. when you do bring it back, will you pleae give us the option to turn the feature on & off? :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

OMG make it go away! NAO
  3. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

Tigress wrote:
    ^^ why would i want to immediately and automaticly have my expert or master spell replaced with the inferior albeit higher teir spell until i have the upgrade for it.. especially in the middle of battle when most dings occur
  4. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

Warpax wrote:
    The way they described it if it was working is that when you gain a level it wouldn't automatically do that. Once you scribe a Master of the higher level version of a spell on your hotkeys that's when it will replace the one you have with the higher level version.
  5. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

Detor wrote:
    it already does that. what Im talking about is hotkey#1 has Charm V (Master), why would i wat this feature to replace my Charm V (Master) with Charm VI (Apprentice) automaticlly.. that not even taking in to account it overwriting and replacing a random spell/ca in the middle of battle.

So make it optional if you keep this "feature". Please
  6. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Warpax wrote:
    That's not what it's supposed to do. When it's working correctly, here's what it should do in your example:
    If you have Charm V (Master) or Charm V (Expert) as hotkey #1 and you get Charm VI (Apprentice), Charm VI (Apprentice) should go on an empty hotbar slot like it always has.
    If you have Charm V (Apprentice) as hotkey #1 and you get Charm VI (Apprentice), Charm VI (Apprentice) should replace hotkey #1.
    Once you've gained the spell, it's not supposed to do anything if you upgrade. Once you have the Apprentice version, upgrading to Master or Expert shouldn't shuffle anything on your hotbars.
  7. ARCHIVED-Casmack Guest

well its next week..wheres the fix =) While SOE is making a change please make option to use old spell effects! these WOW looking spells are boring.....
  8. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Bingo. Last night the bad replacement happened and I saw the pattern. One spell went into Hotkey_clone_1 slot 3 when the spell it was replacing was in Hotkey_clone_2 slot 3. The second went into Hotkey_clone_2 slot 10 when the spell it was replacing was in Hotkey_clone_1 slot 10. The third went into Hotkey_clone_0 slot 5 (the first unoccupied one) when the spell it was replacing was in Hotkey_clone_4 slot 9.
    The new spells were for a coercer: Forced Hesitation IV, Charm V and Breeze III. The previous versions of those spells were all Experts.
  9. ARCHIVED-Onorem Guest

Thanks for the fix. Any more news on the possibility of letting us turn it off now?
  10. ARCHIVED-SmokeJumper Guest

Add the following to your ini file and the feature will be turned off.
    replace_spells_on_hotbar false
  11. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Forcing people to edit their .ini file because you guys seem to be incapable of fixing what you break is pretty sad.
  12. ARCHIVED-CapitanAwesome Guest

Geothe wrote:
    They mentioned in another thread they were in the process of fixing it, and making an option to disable it soon. This is a temporary fix for impatient people.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

CapitanAwesome wrote:
    It looks like they got the fix partially right. Now as I get new spell upgrades it's overwriting the correct icon in my hotbars. But it's still overwriting with the new Apprentice even when what's being overwritten is an Expert, and I was under the impression that Expert or better wouldn't be overwritten.