Zhugrus Blightstrike Mercenary

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by seneth, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've never seen it do anything resembling tanking. Not for my coercer, my dirge or my briggy.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

What setting you are using on him?
    I noticed that he went into melee mode and start tanking rather well when I set him
    Follow - me
    Defend - me
    Assist - me
    He been in pure healing mode and ranged attacker with setting
    Follow - me
    Defend - me
    Assist - none
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

having tried both i still prefer Khederdian(sp) The Malic CE the defiler as gives more that increases dps and can actual kill a mob or 2 on his own. the new Merc si a Slightly better healer but ALOT less dps
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unless I'm pulling carefully, I run my mercs in defend/follow/assist my toon + defend self.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

My merc always uncheck defend self so he not stop to beat crap out mob that managed to hit him instead of assisting me on the target
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

*shrug* I still haven't seen it act anything tank-like. I just checked a few parses.. zero threat-out from him.
  7. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes, it is an inquisitor with same spells as Lorr'kejut has just better heals, its not like Kenny, never seen it tank either, that is all at lvl 100 though and in the new zones.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Now I am curious ... is it possible that merc get on top of agro list because fist my warder jump into attack and merc (smart AI) heal the pet on some ... big amount? or do something else that mob just go strait to the merc (yes of course I will pull agro from the merc but not before I fire my Primal chain)
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

If the merc does something to the mob before you do, yes, the merc will get aggro. Also I've seen it do weird stuff because it's a 'ranged' healer.. it's run out to range and gotten aggro on something in the group that nobody has hit yet.
  10. Lexxiii Active Member

When I made my first comment I hadn't seen this new merc in action. I couldn't believe he was better than Lorr' from AoM. Since my main is a healer, I got this new merc on my Beastlord. Ran through every AS in ToT, and only died once when I pulled to much in one of the Kralet zones and was being knocked back every 3 seconds. This new merc is THE best healer merc in the game, imo, even better than Kenny and Perrin. So if anyone else is having doubts, this merc is the merc to have. He even stole hate from my BL a few times lol.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Snowknight Member

Lol, if the merc is taking agro from any class especially DPS then you are doing it wrong and may need to learn your class better, or check your aas. Personally I rarely bother with mercs past 95 as they do really bad damage and having them put you in combat constantly is very annoying. If I use a merc it is just to follow no attacking for buffs, healers will still heal, in fact I find they do so better that way.
    Coty likes this.
  12. seneth Active Member

I must have gotten the lazy Zhugrus then cuz mine let me die 3xs in Zek,, and not the heroic Zone. I play a warlock.
    Maia the Othmir does better. I have never used that Zek merc again.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

hes about the same as lorr , cant rely on mercs for anything , but he does heal better
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

If I put Zughrus on healing mode only, he hardly seems to heal. If I use him set on follow/protect/assist me, he does a decent job of healing, but I hate the annoyance of having him constantly go into battle pulling mobs I was skipping or don't need, or stopping and holding mobs in one spot while I'm running around gathering more mobs to aoe as he 'protects' me, so I prefer to just not use a merc most of the time. If I have him set on follow, he should follow me around as I gather up the mobs and only stop when I stop. I only have three aoe spells so I reserve them for use once I've gathered all the mobs up. I don't want to have to stop and waste them for just a few mobs at a time.