Zhugrus Blightstrike Mercenary

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by seneth, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is a ticket on the DBG Issue Tracker asking for mercenary "pet-a-morph" wands (https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-380).

There is also a ticket asking for the ability to shrink mercenaries (https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-334).

If these issues matter to you, go upvote the tickets.
    Maldek, Lucus and Prissetta like this.
  2. Silkmyst Active Member

Quick question,

Do other players who also have used Zhurgus think he is as good as Lorr? I have camped Lorr on the broker, tried to save
    the plat only to have him bought out from under me more than once. I don't see him at all lately on Skyfire server,

thanks,
    Silk
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I never had Lor, but I've had multiple people I group with say that Zhur is better.
  4. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've never had Lor either, but now that I have Zhugrus I'm not feeling the need for any other healer.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes, it does look like its an upgrade to lor'rkejut, have them both, while the buffs and other stuff looks the same, (they are all masters) the heals are much better when u examine them.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I just wished the updated the old ones instead of giving us new mercenaries. I don't need 12 different tanks to tank for me if I paid good DBC to keep them to hire them anywhere if they aren't going to be kept up and worth keeping. So DBC is into https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence? I should have realized with SoE's past that this was highly possible *shakes head in disgust*. I will hire Fatty McOrc whenever I get around to doing the quest, but I wont keep him at a permanent merc. I wont waste 100 DBC on him... or any other mercenary from now on.
    GoblinTown and Torvaldr like this.
  7. Dagada Member

Anyone else think "Khem"?
    CharbrynEQ2 likes this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

New merc pwn all other mercs in game - he IS warpriest ... that mean he not just heal he actually tank well (consider this is much much tougher version of Kenny). I got him for my beastlord (in his 90s and yes it is possible to get this merc before level 100)... I was really pleased with his performance as a healer and as a tank (specially when compare to Stumper and Kenny)
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Lexxiii Active Member

So this merc is available how? Visitingall areas of The Scrouge Wastes? I'm sorry, I am just returning to the game after a 5 month break lol.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

This is achievement reward for land discovery in Solo or Heroic Zek - Scourged Wastes, completing both land disco give another achievement that that give you 4 infusers with 100% chance
    Once you get token - unpack it and consume. Merc is available next to the entrance of Scourge Keep (no mobs around so ... naturally any char with ability to fly can get that mercenary hired). I repeat myself - this orc is the beast! - he heal, he tank, he taunt and smart enough to heal if needed your pet
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Guurzak Active Member

No need for flight. CoV or recruiters summons etc work just fine once you've unlocked zone access for your account with a level 100.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That's even better :)
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

There are so many POI's to get, you'd have to have a lot of summons... not to mention that many of them are in places a low level toon can't land. You can fly around the zone and get the merc in about 3 minutes, so yes, flight ability is definitely recommended.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

The token is tradeable. Especially if you have a high level healer (since a healer merc on a healer toon doesn't help much ;)), you can have them 'earn' the token and pass it to your lowbie.
    Livejazz and Prissetta like this.
  15. Occam Well-Known Member

This is not exactly true. He can take a beating, but he can't actually tank, as he lacks any taunts. I have tried him on 15 different characters and every single class pulls agro from him, Including my healers.

That said, the only "tank" merc that can hold agro decently is the pally with their Amends. If you specifically need a merc to hold agro, use the a pally (Zelbie > Lady > Krivok > Jennis. Karastra purposely omitted because she's almost impossible to get, so I have no idea where she'd fall in the list). Aside from that, Zhugrus out-performs all other mercs at this point.
    Mermut likes this.
  16. Guurzak Active Member

Right. I have a 100 who didn't need an Inq merc so I put the token in shared bank, pulled it out with a level 20, and got a call to the tent.
  17. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I have just done the flight path with a 22 conj/100 tailor - only problem with the discoveries is Warship Dock - you have to get lower on that one than the others, and very close to aggro range. A level 100 doing the same actually got hit while in flight - nothing to him, but would have obliterated the 22 conj.
    DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  18. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Fly high over the dock. land on the beach and walk up to the wall
    It's the right beach, where the world bell used to be.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I passed this merc from my warlock to my beast but once beast will do disco on his own I will return merc token to the warlock. This merc is not just a healer- its hybrid more like Kenny but instead mystic/guardian its more like inquisitor/guardian
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

For tanking purpose for my casters I prefer Lord (SK) Amends are nice and spot heal comes handy but if your char AoE based - you need AoE tank :)
    This merc probably won't hold agro at 100 but at 96-99 in AoM he can hold agro even with beastlord in feral stance