Zero to 80 in... 7 hours?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

could you ask the individual what his lvl80 dinged AA was.
    just curious because soloing i have a system ( does not take advantage of RAF or mentor bonuses obviously) and while its not near 7 hours its not bad at all and after taking a character that missed the first 20 levels of AA ( character was made and dinged long before AA where in game as a pure crafter ) about 3 months ago i started playing this one that has a good 30 aa dis advantage ( starting characters from scratch i get about 32 aa by lvl 20).
    where im going with this is .
    i enjoyed playing my character completely solo and dinged lvl 80 ( this isnt my first one to concentrate on AA though) and when i dinged 80 yesterday i had 181 and nearly 182 AA.
    I have started another experiment with a new character that will keep level locked for a VERY LONG TIME and see how many AA i can achieve and what the curve looks like to find sweet spots and move on points to establish new curves and spots.( this experiment requires a lot of patience and is not so enjoyable for most people )
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I doubt it was much AA; if you look at Zimm's leveling notes he only did a half-dozen dungeons.
    I'd be interested in anyone's "how I did it" bits, especially one on hitting 80/200 with a quickness!
  3. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

Whoever said 30AA is probably close to right. With so few places visited, and only 4 completed collections, it can't be THAT many...
    Then again with the slider bar set at 5% you actually gain AA really quickly with 275% xp gain.
  4. ARCHIVED-Terrius Guest

Just gonna point it out, but if you are lvl 80 with 30 aas you're gonna be pretty useless.
  5. ARCHIVED-Miss_Jackie Guest

Brook wrote:
    2.5 years for me and I'm level 72. >.<
  6. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

Tabris93 wrote:
    as a new player versus a player that already knowss the game you wind a huge diference. once you have one lvl80 toon it will be tremendously easyer to get more and after 2 -3 it will be a science. and the bonuses are nice ( stop at 50% i believe)
  7. ARCHIVED-Ansek Guest

Banedon@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Not necessarily. Using Firefox with a pop-up stopper and ad blocker I always ALWAYS get a new window open when I visit Allakhazam. Normally its an online poker or bingo site, twice its been Nuts and once was for a male genital enhancer that "all the top **** stars use!!" My brother has the same issue using Chrome - both of us based in Europe (Norway and UK). Not the end of the world cos we're using private, home PCs but annoying especially as we're both premium members.
    Speaking for myself I only get it on Allakhazam EQ2, not EQ1 or FreeRealms.
  8. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Ansek wrote:
    Ahh, I guess I'll add zam to my list of "Java/Javascript to be disabled" sites. Although I generally don't use the site too often so no doubt I'll forget.
  9. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Meh, I'll stick with adverts disabled...
    In a wierd way I would get into more trouble at work having 'Party Poker' pop up on screen that ****... something to do with them being one of our competitors...
  11. ARCHIVED-rareyrare Guest

Tariuss@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That's true, BUT...
    If you go back and mentor for some of those zones/quests, you missed along the way, you're getting a HUGE AA exp bonus and I think they'd hit 150 AA before you could sneeze twice...now 150-200, may be a bit more difficult, but someone said 4 days for a wizard 80/200, I could believe that.
  12. ARCHIVED-guillero Guest

Couy@Nagafen wrote:
    No matter what. This is just so pointless.
    Why rushing to lvl80 in 7 hours. Having only 30 AA and so be totally useless and gimped.
    And then spending weeks wasting money on chronomaging each Tier getting your AA's up.
    It's much more effient. Not to mention. A lot less tedious and lot more fun. To spend a bit more time with leveling and keep your AA's up along the way.
    But that's just my 2 cents.
  13. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

With the addition of the chronomancer, it is easier to go back and get the aa's imo.

At 80, mentored to any level you will plow through quests faster seeing as you will kill it 10 times faster.

/shrug

Either way works. Fun is subjective:)
  14. ARCHIVED-TheVekk Guest

Banedon@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    to get the aa's and gear that wont take long realy... with all the PoF runs going on now u can get atleast 10 from there plus if ur in a guild that has decent gear and they are helping u it wont take long we our new dirge over 20 aa in a day jsut from running tso zones with her lol
  15. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

First thing I'd do with that toon? Delete and reroll. ;) Level 26 now with 54 AAs.
  16. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

You missed the point...
    The guy did it as a sort of told-you-so esque way to show that you -can- level a toon really fast. People didn't read Calthine's post regarding the nature of the leveling?
    Besides, leveling 1-80 in 7 hours isn't hard. Getting the remaining 170 aa's? I'd bet money it was about another 13 hours of grinding if my math is right. Then you figure the epic quest? Oh no! 6 hours tops. Mythical? PUG it up in a couple nights.
    End result 80/200/Myth and some t4 patterns if you've bought some or an alt of a guild that can get them. Basically This "useless" toon is now better than most people's mains. In less than 1 week no less.
  17. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

Brailyn@Befallen wrote:
    grossly exagerated. i get AA at an increadable rate and i could not get 170AA in 13 hours of grinding even with potions and 5 people to help . it just doesnt go up as fast as level.
  18. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

how 'bout a story on the lowest lvl character with 200AAs
  19. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

Eldra@Unrest wrote:
    lol
    Is it going to be a level ten or twelve?
    I bet level twelve and we dont see it for another few days at least.
    :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Eldra@Unrest wrote:
    I'd love to do that one too. With a guide, of course! Anyone PM or email me if you're interested :)