Zerkers defense

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-JNewby, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-MrDizzi Guest

Err please dont get zerkers nerfed! We already had all our guardians and SKS reroll or quit. I really dont want to be left with a bunch of pyjama pansies and god warriors :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

You did to get defensive. You jumped on me for pointing out the main important aspects of the Guardians and Bezerker classes. Bezerkers tank equally as Guardians, they hold agro as good or better and they have much better DPS. Who cares what each little spells does becasue if we try and compare every single spell we will NEVER come to a equal state to make those comparisions. Guardians are not equal and I will not agrue if my STA buff is better than your regen buff becasue that will not fix my class and that is the only one I care about.
  3. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

I didn't jump on you for pointing out important aspects. In fact, you didn't point out any important aspects of Guardians. Not a single one. I jumped on you for your blatant ignorance. No one is trying to argue with you what is better, a stamina buff or a health regen. You obviously are having a hard time paying attention to what I've written. I've repeatedly said they are situational. Each has their own benefits. I didn't even try to argue which applies to more situations. When I have to repeatedly state the same information over and over and over, then it is clear that you do not want any objective comparison done. You may not like just how close the two classes actually are. The fact that you do not want anyone that plays a berserker to contribute to a thread that compares a guardian to a berserker and would rather compare based on half truths and wrong numbers just simply shows your true intentions. Greatly exaggerating the berserker class to make the guardian class appear worthless is not the way to fix the guardian class. Go ahead, continue with your statements about berserkers doing "massive" damage and ignore how it's generated and for what purpose. If berserkers get scaled down, then there goes a huge portion of their hate management. As I've previously stated as well (and I'm simply repeating what a developer has stated publicly in these forums), SOE does not scale upwards. Guess what other classes would get a reduction in hate for balance? You're right. There has been many parses and samples taken regarding the two classes. Most importantly, by the designers and developers. They would not nerf one of the warrior lines without bringing the other down as well.

In all honesty, if you cannot think of even one benefit of the guardian class over the other plate tanks, then you should seriously consider a different class as it was not meant for you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Whatever. You have derailed threads I have started in other forums and you can do whatever you want here. I'm not the OP here and I'm not going to argue with you about somebody elses post that I don't really agreee with. Nothing you say or your perspecitve will change the fact that almost all Guardans believe that we are NOT balanced in terms of:
    • Tanking ability
    • DPS
    • Utility
    Guardians are not balanced in an acceptable manner at this point and only when a NON-SOE game similar to this type of game becomes available will I leave my Guardian.
    Also, my ignorance about Bezerkers is intentional. You can concider that a negative for me if you like but your doing that on the Guardian forum so it's very unlikely to not be tanken for much here.
  5. ARCHIVED-uux Guest

1 thread in 1 other forum. I also apologized for taking it so far off topic. You had asked for a developer response and instead had multiple pages of shadowknights, paladins, and berserkers telling you how far off base you are (speaks for itself). Using the plural forms of the words threads and forums just proves my point about exaggerations. My intentions were to help you make a better argument for the sake of the guardian class, not derail it. It is sad that it is disregarded and the information ignored due to the fact that I choose to play the berserker class. What class I chose does not play a part in how objectively I can view an argument or point out flaws. I can also offer a unique perspective. I can see the use in abilities guardians are calling useless, like the crush/pierce/slash boost mentioned early in this thread. As a berserker who cannot offset the penalty associated with those while in defensive stance, I can tell you that it is a very useful ability. I find myself tanking hard situations in either no stance or offensive stance before I'll go into defensive stance if no other class is around to increase hate gain or offset the penalty. Even mobs in normal zones like Poet's Palace become almost impossible to hit (and that is how zerkers hold aggro). Nothing in the knowledge book of a guardian is useless, even if it's situational purpose is limited (which should be looked at).
    You can only better your argument by defining those and providing details rather than vaguely stating so. While you repeatedly state tanking ability is equal across the classes due to the fact that a developer stated so, you also ignore the fact that it was stated that they tank differently. Many of the utilities and much of the DPS other classes get are due to those differences so that the other classes are capable tanks. Those differences are continually being ignored and the other abilities are being regarded as simply bonuses to other classes. I realize there are other threads in this forum that do point out the details, they do make objective suggestions. They are on the mark. You do not see me interfering with them in such a negative manner.

I don't care what game you decide to play. Maybe the monetary loss holds some weight with SOE, but as for me, if you don't like this game then save your money. It's not acceptable to you, but how many guardians really want to give up Guardian Sphere or Tower of Stone for Rampage or Open Wounds? The guardian maybe a niche class at the moment, but is everyone really prepared for that class to be removed and turned into another generic hybrid with no option of any player ever being able to focus on that niche again? Do you really want the class revamped again? Or do you want the current abilities to be improved? Seems like you are asking for a complete overhaul.
    It's your claim of inbalance and inequality while choosing to ignore what other classes are capable of that irks me. How can you possibly argue other classes get more utility, more DPS, and the same tanking ability when you (and you just stated so) choose to ignore what other classes are capable of? If I were a developer, I would have known better before responding in this thread. You throw reason and logic out the window when you choose ignorance and it's a lost cause to even discuss anything as it's obviously not open to discussion with you. What was the last thread regarding guardian issues that got a developer response? One that provided details. Heck, the OP even provided graphs. Ignore details if you like. You won't win any favor for it. They'll simply disregard you as not playing a guardian as intended or playing the wrong class. Knowledge and the proof that things are not working as intended are what is going to get you what you want. Not ignorance.
    Message Edited by uux on 02-22-200601:37 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Crim001 Guest

Ok..... I believe Wasuna is trying to say that you can do everything we can just as well.....and get a few extra tricks.....he doesn't want a nerf.....he justs wants us to be brought up....You are our "counterpart" class.....so its only natural that we should make more detailed comparsions to you....
    We receive defensive buffs, and you offensive......we get that.....
    You on the other hand....perhaps both of you...are taking this a little too personally....if this turns into any more of a flame war this could be locked.
  7. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

lay off the zerker bashing, this thread makes baby zerker cry...

Such false information being fed aswell, really should learn some facts (or speak to a berserker) before presuming all these things you have entailed in your post.