Zerker EOF Tree Fix Ideas.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, May 16, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

[IMG]
    5% Damage for combat arts per point spent, so its like Guardians.
  2. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Overkill imo. some stuff is good though.
    Debilitations

• For the whole debilitations line either (@5points spent) A) +15%CA damage or B) 5% CA damage 5% Crit Bonus
    • Gut Roar: 12-15% permanent strike through buff

Bulking

• Weapon Counter: Costs 5 points (all at once). Each proc will reposte an attack + the abilities damage. Immune to strikethrough. Adds 2 procs.
    • Endline: Adds 3% transfer to War Cry. All group members under the berserk effect from War Cry will transfer 3% hate to the berserker (total of 15% , more with pets). The berserker cannot transfer hate.
    Cyclones
    • Stunning Roar: Increase cast speed (either in the AA or just change the ability)
    • Rampage: Increase damage.
    • Endline: +2 max targets to all Blue AoE (or +1 max melee AE target)... in addition to current AA buffs
    Perserverance
    • Fix raidwide to read properly
    • Unyielding Will: remove berserk requirement (antiquated requirement and uneccessary)
    • Endline (Perserverance): Change to function like reversal. Buff is "until canceled" can proc at max once every 30 seconds. If the target falls below 30% heals the target for 20% max hp. Upon triggering the buff restarts its timer and another proc is placed after 30 seconds. (if 30 sec is too often make it 1 minute. Also make sure the heal is % based seeing as HP has skyrocketed)

SF Endlines in Berserker Tree
    • Remove reuse speed and change according based on Adrenaline revamp (see below)
    • Ward of Rage: ward is useless for anything beyond soloing and power lvling. Change to (need average procs % of berserk to calculate this but) When berserk is proc'd has a %chance to cast "Ward of Rage" on target. Ward of Rage will absorb all damage received by next attack. Absorbs 1 attack. Long story short it should equal out to a low (maybe 3-4%) chance to stoneskin an attack. Tied to our procing of berserk. That way the ability scales accross all tiers of playstyle. A 200pt ward is useless to raiders, but even a very low chance to stoneskin is not

Adrenaline Change: Change back to a true damage reduction. Reduce value to 35% reduction. Increase recast time. Remove "lost adrenaline". Add +1% per point damage reduction to SF Adrenaline AA. (totaling 40% reduction with AAs)

Juggernaut Change: Change to either
    Defensive: Temporary % stoneskin or regenerating ward, Berserker cannot change targets
    or Offensive: Temporary 17% Flurry Berserker cannot change targets
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Elanjar@Nagafen wrote:
    Perserverance Mechanic is stupid, the below 30% thing makes it worthless, it needs to be more passive.
    like 5% max health would be better.
    If Perserverance stays the "under 30% health thing" then I just ignore the worthless and useless skill, its useless for heroics/pvp/BGs/Raids, because if you fall under 40% health, your usually one shotted, and the ability does nothing.
    Make it add health to Blood Rage, make it a 3-5% heal every time blood rage procs, Shadowknights get a 4% heal every time they use a spell.
    Making it heal you when blood rage procs would help you "Perservere" the Fight, and its perfectly balanced and reasonable.

per·se·vere/ˌpərsəˈvi(ə)r/

Verb: Continue in a course of action even in the face of difficulty or with little or no indication of success.

"Even against countless enemys, I will persevere!"

4. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Fail you are looking at it with the current mechaninc of PvE gear that is on live servers now. In which case you can just about be one shotted from 75% and down if you are in PvP gear and run into a raid geared T1 DPS.

Against an equaly geared PvP toon T1 DPS or not it works not great mind you but it works and you will not get 1 shotted unless they just get real lucky.

With the new gear I dont know yet though crying for changes on broken gear mechanics though is wrong and why things keep getting farther out of balance.
  5. ARCHIVED-Fearacron Guest

Failathion@Nagafen wrote:
    With all the buffs you are asking for Strikethrough, that would be like 40% Strikethrough and 10% accuracy. Kinda way too powerful.
  6. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Berserk Doesn't Stack.
    Those are all "just added" to Temp buffs.. it would be if you burned them all at once, but the berserk one does not stack.

it would be around 20% at all times if you timed it.
  7. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    PVP Does not matter, this is for PVE, if you are under 50%, you WILL be one shotted in PVE.

Perserverance is worthless because of this.

Why is everyone complaining about PVP?
    THIS IS FOR PVE... PVP Values Are x2 less then PVE Values, the healing and everything and that will be CUT In half or Not even work for PVP.
  8. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Rhita@Unrest wrote:
    Berserk will cap at 10%, so thats just 10% Strikethrough While berserk, Berserk Does not Stack.
    the next one is 10% Strikethrough on JUST a temporary buff, which reduces attack speed and raises Mit.
    the one after is 10% Accuracy on another Temporary Buff, which will only be up 35% of the time, perfectly reasonable if you knew what the abilitys did before commenting.
    The Strikethrough buff at the bottum is only 10%.

Your Wrong, it will only be "20% Passive". and about "30%" if you time your Temp buffs, not overpowered, considering a berserker relies on autoattack more then ANY CLASS IN THIS GAME.
  9. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

Your not the only class that heavily relys on auto attacks. Also its seems like you want best of both worlds.. best tanking mechanics and the best dps mechanics.

the hate problem is possibly the way your mythical works.. 15% of damage recieved is turned into hate. I dont believe this is working correctly. it should be changed to 15% of damage recieved (before wards, stoneskins) is reflected back as ae threat and 5% damage.

as far as stoneskins on berzerk even at a 3 to 4% proc chance thats a little bit over powering. and the aa bezerk should be changed to a focus effect that only effects the berzerker when they are bezerk. maybe increase max health of bezerker by 5% and power regen by .5% every 2 seconds and increase damage reduction vs physical by 5%. This would solve your power issues and give you a hit point boost when bezerk plus reduce physical hits.

Change Adrenelin to be 10% damage reduction vs all and 35% of damage recieved is healed. Keep recast the same.

so if you have all your damage reduction buffs up 5% mythical, 5% bezerk, 10% adrenelin, 10% from self physical buff if you spent aa's for damage reduction. most the time you would be at 20% if you rotated adrenelin and self buff. which would increase your tanking viability.

As far as temp buffs. Juggernaught can be changed to increases ca damage by 40%, and crit bonus by 20%. duration 15 seconds. while under effect can't be target locked.

Open wound add an that makes all single target ca's ae's max targets of 6 for 20 seconds. This way lvl 90's get a benefit from it and the lvl 50's also do with the 100% ae auto plus. all red ae's become ae's.

as far as aa's that enhance these either have it increase there duration or increase the effectiviness of the buffs while they are under them.
  10. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Brildean wrote:
    MY HIT RATE in Raids is 50% While Tanking, WE NEED STRIKETHROUGH, BADLY...
    We need it more then ANY other tank, We RELY on Autoattack, MORE then any other tank in this game.
    We rely more on Autoattack then Assassin does, we NEED strikethrough!
  11. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

my hit rate is 63%.. with melee weapons. Maybe mobs need to block parry less ?
  12. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Our hit rates are pathetic, every other fighter has strikethrough or some kind of accuracy increases in their AA lines.
    We need them too.
  13. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

guardians only get a base of 15% strikethrough for 5 points in the tso tree. the accuracy of 5% comes from a red adorn. Nothin so omg i want badly.

the rest of strikethrough accuracy for a guardian come from the same things you have available on a temp buff.

you can get to 25% with out even having a base strikethrough.

12% from yellow and red adorn on forearms 6% from earings, 3% from weapon, 4% from red adorn for weapon. that would increase your hit rats in front of the mob by 16%. there probalby is more gear out there with strikethrough on it. so maybe able to get 30 to 35% with no aa's, which is more than enough.
  14. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Brildean wrote:
    Because everyone knows we all run around with hard mode raid gear!
    Trying to Balance the game around gear = fail...
  15. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

You complained about hit rates since you have no strikethrough.. i gave you a way to get strikethrough. And most is easily attainable. If you dont want to put the effort to make your character the best then even giving you aa's to make it look like your nice and uber, isn't giong to help.

now if you only run heroic content then why do you need strikethrough.. heroic content has very low block and parry chances. heck even most EM raid content has low block and parry chances. cept maybe statue and tormax.

First of all you have to realize that your a tank and unfortunatly tanks arn't meant to top parses. I havn't seen a tank top a parse since dov was released.. where before it was pretty common for sk's to be in the top 1 or 2. The tools you should be askign for are ones to make your more viable of a tank, not more of a dps machine. and if your not tanking you should be behind the mob giving the mob a beat down since your hit rates will skyrocket.

So if your infront of the mob don't expect to be in the top 5 on the parse expect to be behind the inquisitors on the parse.... if your behind the mob expect to be in the top8.. if you can't manage that then look at your adornments and spec accordingly to get the max hit rates to maximize your raid performance.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Brildean wrote:
    Sorry, but you can never balance a game based off gear.
    As soon as you mentioned balance through gear, I completely ignored you...

It is not even the topic of this post, Hard-Fixes through gear that only less then 5% of the entire classes population can get is a pretty stupid and ignorant idea, it does not even help the entire problem.
    You might as well say "Betray to Guardian".
  17. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

I never mentioned balancing through gear. I mentioned excelling through gear selection. everyone has this available to them. with out trying to make there class flavor of the year. If no one wants uniquness in there class then might as well merg zerker and guardian.
  18. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Your missing the point, this thread is about "Zerker AA being worse then every other fighter classes", having no options available to them when every other fighter has them.

We Just want a unique and nice EOF tree, kind of like Guardian, Shadowknight, Paladin does, is that wrong to ask?
  19. ARCHIVED-Fearacron Guest

Failathion@Nagafen wrote:
    A unique tree is nice and a great idea, however I disagree that you should be given more strikethrough and accuracy than any other class in game (aside from the monk mythical). I've spoken to Xelgad countless times through the whole guardian revamp process as well as through all of beta about balance and what a tank is designed for. The key thing he always said was, this is the EoF tree and the abilities should reflect that expansion. Do zerkers need a version of the slaughtering line that guardians have? yes. It should be even bigger, should it be a bit different? yes. However giving 20% strikethrough temp or not as well as accuracy is far too powerful for something back in EoF. Yes adrenaline needs to be reworked as well. Several of your temp buffs need to be brought up to par as well, without going overboard. Tanks should never again see top of the parse, and as a tank, I am completely fine with that. Through gear choices and adornments I have 28% strikethrough alone. With the one AA which no other tank has because guardians were designed to have a small advantage over the biggest and baddest boss, I get the additional 15% from AAs. Some of my gear is hardmode yes, gives me more of an advantage, but there are tons of easy mode pieces that have strikethrough, hell theres 2 red adornments alone, 1 for forarms for 7% and one for weapon/shield/ranged/charm for 5%.
  20. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Rhita@Unrest wrote:
    Those don't stack.
    Your a guardian, not a berserker, your tree was revamped for DoV Content.
    Your Guardian tree reflects DoV Content, the abilitys were even revamped to reflect DoV Content.

Berserkers have always have had bad hit rates, even in EOF, which is which the tree reflects, 15% Strikethrough is perfectly reasonable, it would reflect the content fine.
    (This is from a Berserker whose been playing since EOF)
    Ever since they added a 45 reuse speed to perserverance it has been worthless, and no decent berserker would even waste points into it, since they're is no point in using an ability that does not work, because your dead if you fall below 50% HP and are hit again.

Perserverance needs changed, badly... I suggest it be a 5% heal for every time blood rage procs, or increase the proc rate of Blood Rage to up to 50%, or Make blood rage work for all types of damage instead of just melee damage.