Zerker advantages/disadvantages vs. Guardian?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Wilin, Feb 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-XaviousA Guest

the sad truth is that guardians were balanced against all other fighters pre LU13. i'd go so far to say as zerkers still had it a bit better overall because they have NO PLACE having a shield in the first place.

gage wanted to tank darathar though.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Hahah man time really does wash away peoples memories of the truth.
    Anyway back on topic of guard vs zerker. In PvP gaurds in group setups are doing very well. In PvP the core roles of classes are more enhanced. The fighter role in pvp is to protect the heales and true Dps'er. Where protection abilites come out shining.
    Also in Lu20 guards got a small boost in soloability w AA'a and a bit mroe dps where as brawlers who actually had alot of proc dps got nerfed a bit (no where near as bad as rangers though, but then again there are alot better bows dropping in KoS so we will see where ranger true dps ends at)
  3. ARCHIVED-Nemesion Guest

>With the betrayal changes coming and guardians (possibly) switching to zerkers, what are the rationales for switching to a zerker from a guardian?

it should be painfully obvious that this whole thread is a lot of mental masterbation.

i doubt the betrayal changes are a really good idea. with every live update, some class or another is in an uproar and sony isn't really going to want to deal with the piles of people going the betrayal route a week after every live update. they also probalby don't want to have to read every "change this or i betray" thread for moderation purposes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Frosthammer Guest

So the lesson to be learned from this thread is "If you are starting a new toon and want to eventually MT for your guild, level up as a berserker and then betray to guardian once you catch up."
  5. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I'm not sure what mental masturbation(correct sp) is exactly or what it has to do with class comparisons. I'm sure if you opened a new thread concerning mental masturbation, you'd get your own lively discussion though. :)
    Message Edited by Wilin on 02-27-200602:27 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Uldin Guest

sorry to post this here, but i did a search on character switching and couldnt really find anything.

Since when and how can we change classes?
  7. ARCHIVED-Sir_Halbarad Guest

They are changing the betrayal quest in the future. They make it different and you can betray at any level. That means a Conjuror lvl 70 can become a lvl 70 Necro.

For neutral sub-classes (Guardian/Berserker, Troubadour/Dirge etc.) they offer a switch to the sister class then.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

From what i been playign and reading lately. It seems guardians have gotten better at soloing and grouping in the balance to other fighters. As in brawler Dps took a decent hit with the proc changes and possibly zerker dps as well (although i havent heard anything, one of the few classes i don't play). Guards have also gotten a few skills to help wit thier DPS and soloability the starter AA bind wounds has helped immensly soloing 10% dps and faster recovery after combat and the new marqee 65 spell obliterate has become one of the guards most powerful atks now adding a decent dps boost at higher lvls. Add in the new stamina regen proc rings and guards solo a ton better then they use to. so now that guards are doing more dps, soloing faster, and have new ways to recover hp in combat. while other fighters dps went down. I don't see the balance of guards vs other fighters to apparent. In other words i think guards are finally relatively balanced. They are capable soloers now, the best MT in raids, and do effecient grouping. Still looking at your skills i would tweak a spell or 2 but overall i think guards should not complain as much as these boards put on.

barring any specific spells i think fighters are fairly balanced, i think scouts are doing ok (after the proposed ranger fixes), i think healers all can do thier job relatively equal, I think most mages classes are ok except the enchanters. Enchanters seriosuly need to get the devs attention they are by far the most messed up class in eq2 at the moment. The best thing that has happened to them is in KoS more mobs agro or are social making mezzing additional encounters important.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

You forgot the I.