Zen Retreat

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geden, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Geden Well-Known Member

Uthanuk worked hard to convince Gorowyn authorities to grant him access to a small piece of property by the sea. The old groundskeeper fussed all over the plans for the foundation, grumping under his breath how it will upset the delicate balance of nature and how Kerra fur will eventually pollute the air. Fortunately for Uthanuk, Gorowyn sorely needed the substantial (by his standards) deposit towards a building license, and now he could proceed with the house of his dreams... without major interruptions. The groundskeeper still visits nearby hill to overlook the Flat with a scornful eye. And Uthanuk enjoys spectacular sunsets and days of great fishing.
    It is a myth that Kerra do not like water. It is true, however, that all felines dislike getting wet. It is also true that Kerra love fish and, therefore, fishing. Mmm... fresh fish, except for Koi Karps, those are for admiring eyes only.

OOC: It is my great relief and pleasure to present now - hopefully - finished Zen Retreat. This home had seen 4 different transformations until I gave up and unpublished it 2 years ago, unsatisfied with how it looks and functionality. This time it reflects everything I wanted it to be: a collection showcase, a trading hub and a Zen Retreat with fishing and "koi pond". Link to the original post is here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/asian-flat-in-gorowyn-w-i-p.535341/

The remodeled home: https://imgur.com/a/N2t3H

As always, thanks go to this wonderful community for the invaluable support and encouragement, to Jesdyr for his wonderful Layout Editor without which I cannot possibly decorate, and to the many random strangers and friends who came to see this place through many iterations of editing.

This home is located on AB server, in Timorous Deep, Gorowyn Heights home under Uthanuk. On Leaderboards it is under Large Homes under Zen Retreat.

Thank you for visiting!
    Valzen, Karamella, Gretel and 3 others like this.
  2. Gracey Well-Known Member

Beautiful!! The screens are amazing!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geden like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

The description above sounded so interesting I had to pop over to have a look:)

4. Geden Well-Known Member

Holy goodness, I didn't expect the honor of video tour. Thank you Febrith for touring my home, and all the nice things you said - a balm on decorator's heart. To answer your question about the oysters - matoppie pillow turned and sunk in to show only its corners :). I am also delighted that you liked my garden circle, because it was the solution of hiding the pegs from Wantia beds haha. I tried hiding it whichever way, but ended up with flowers to challenge my fear of Fibonacci sequence and overall natural randomness.
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

This place is awesome. Bravo!
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.