Asian Flat in Gorowyn - w.i.p.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geden, May 13, 2013.

1. Geden Well-Known Member

Uthanuk worked hard to convince Gorowyn authorities to grant him access to a small piece of property by the sea. The old groundskeeper fussed all over the plans for the foundation, grumping under his breath how it will upset the delicate balance of nature and how Kerra fur will eventually pollute the air. Fortunately for Uthanuk, Gorowyn sorely needed the substantial (by his standards) deposit towards a building license, and now he could proceed with the house of his dreams... without major interruptions. The groundskeeper still visits nearby hill to overlook the Flat with a scornful eye. And Uthanuk enjoys spectacular sunsets and days of great fishing.
    It is a myth that Kerra do not like water. It is true, however, that all felines dislike getting wet. It is also true that Kerra love fish and, therefore, fishing. Mmm... fresh fish, except for Koi Karps, those are for admiring eyes only.

[IMG][IMG]
    Welcome to Uthanuk's Fishing Retreat
    [IMG]
    Symmetry is a natural reflection of order
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    What is the joy of a dwelling without friends and visitors?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Tranquil settings for dining are essential for good digestion and good mood
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Today's appetizers are fresh bull fish and oysters, accompanied by exotic sake.
    [IMG]
    There is more to the feast than nourishing the body. Uthanuk's library is stocked with books from all over Norrath.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    In order to keep with a demanding profession of Shadowknight a weekly study must be made routine
    [IMG]
    Family crest is now nearly indiscernable on a faded shield, but it did belong ages ago to a famous Warrior in the clan
    [IMG]
    At the end of the day, when the sleepy spirit is ready to visit the land of Dreams, the sea will aid its passage over the mysterious border.
    [IMG]

Thank you for visiting, come over any time and bring your friends and fishing gear with you!
    This dwelling is located on Antonia Bayle server, under Uthanuk in Gorowyn Heights
  2. Alanducar Active Member

Wow impressive work has been done in this house. I am getting a lot of inspiration from looking at these homes and i can see a lot of work has been put into them. Just think of the new homes and materials available in game. I wonder what amazing stuff you could come up with now! I have to imagine the outcome would be nothing short of breathetaking because these are just fantastic homes!
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's beautiful! But, what happened to the first image link? :-/

Uwk
  4. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Great solution to our lack of square wantia tables, too. :)
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

I want to live here IRL...

Awesome house! Love the huge fireplace.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Geden Well-Known Member

The first link was a bit garbled and I could not figure out how to remove it :) It is the first image you see, just a broken one.
  7. Geden Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to exploring new items and their use... And the Hua Mein village housing blew my mind, it is perfect for the Asian fishing village. Kanji was the most time-consuming task, and at times very frustrating one. I originally saw writing with books (yes those are backs of the books!) in Jazabelle's Library, and, after experimenting a bit, discovered that it works great for any writing. The problem, now and then, is that some ideas are impossible to put into reality. I would take that challenge and get new ideas from my failures, so if you see something odd in my rooms that's probably where it came from :).
  8. Alanducar Active Member

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the kanji writing to my knowledge. Then again i am not the person to ask about that lol. I think an Asian fishing village would look really nice :). I used my Hua Mein place for a larger home but i can see how one could put a series of small homes together in some of that prestige home. I mean its huge, you would just have a challenge when working with all the hills in the area since that did seem to be one of the major challenges i faced when working on the place. I improvised and managed to get a nice chunk of land to work with in the end. Just take some time to visualize what you want and try to stilt the houses up a bit to avoid problems with the hillsides :)
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Geden Well-Known Member

LOL Cyliena! The sweet roll part of your sig is priceless, I laughed very hard and it made my afternoon. And I really appreciate you checking out my work.
    Cyliena likes this.
  10. Alanducar Active Member

Ah yes Cyliena's epic sig line, well i think if it helps save me from losing my adventuring status its always a plus :p lol
    Cyliena likes this.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

You're the first person to comment on it since I added that in over a year ago. :D Glad you liked it! Very happy to look at your house, gave me a bit more inspiration for my Modern Wantia remodel. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I would've commented on it, but I'm still trying to figure it out a year later... ;->

I finally just presumed it referred to an adventure your group had; or maybe an argument with your Provisioner... ;->

Uwk
  13. Geden Well-Known Member

The quote references Bethesda's game Skyrim, where one of the guards says to you when you pass them "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee". They also taunt you in game with "Did someone stole your sweet roll?" questions and such :)
    Cyliena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Shamus9 Active Member

Very beautiful & comfortable home all around! I especially love the fireplace & the perfect level of lighting throughout.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

awesome work- you really did a wonderful job.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

you click on the image and it will show the placeholders and then you hit your delete button or rightclick and choose cut
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good to know... ;->

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, put them all together... ;->

Uwk
    Cyliena likes this.
  19. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Yup. :)

I'll stop hijacking the thread now, sorry!
  20. Geden Well-Known Member

Not at all! Somehow, I completely missed your reply, and just came back to check on my old post to see if all images were proper... found these two video gems. Fortunately for us, arrows usually are aimed at more... delicate parts of adventurers :). At least in Norrath hehe.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.