ZAM Launches ZAM.com to Provide Largest MMO Gaming Information and Community Site

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

We are pleased to announce the launch of Zam.com, which integrates all the gaming and news sites under the Allakhazam umbrella.
    Jeff "Allakhazam" Moyer tells me the EQII site is almost done, and the press release says to expect it in April. Meanwhile, please enjoy the new portal to all our sites, with darn near anything you could want in MMO coverage.
    My favorite bit (okay, second favorite, 'cause the news page is awesome), is that eq2.zam.com now functions as a URL, and I no longer have to appologize for typoing "Allakhazam" in chat!
    Read the Press Release!
    Join us at Zam.com!
  2. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Fiinally.. goodbye ugly 1972 Station Wagon Green website! Hello, sharp looking new Zam theme! \o/
  3. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Looking forward to doing a bit of mining in that database... there is a paladin breastplate I still haven't tracked down...
  4. ARCHIVED-Atreyubeat Guest

Nice looking website. Who does the design work? Great stuff!
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Atreyubeat wrote:
    It's all done internally. We have some awesome developers!
  6. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

Will this be a seperate premium subscription our does our current Allakhazam premium subscription work with it? Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Quinleigh@Najena wrote:
    Draknorr, our Director of Content, posted in the comments on that press release:
    So no worries there.
  8. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

Great looking site! I remember hearing about ZAM and it is a pleasure to see it operational.
    Really look forward to the EQ2 revamp.
    Cheers to the ZAM team!
    Glitterpaws
  9. ARCHIVED-GlitterPaws Guest

somehow ended up with a duplicate post, grrses
  10. ARCHIVED-Gojirax Guest

I saw the ZAM web site a while back when it was announced that Zam was going into a Partnership with Sony to have exclusive database access to find mobs, drops, drop rates etc...

Is that data available now?
  11. ARCHIVED-Motzi Guest

Will I have to pay for access to this crap?
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Motzi@Unrest wrote:
    If you want access to the Live Broker outside the game as well as the Character Upgrade Tool where you can check out armor from outside the game, yes that is a subscription. Why would you expect that for free?
    These features (and the EQ2 site revamp) probably won't be done until May. I think the rest of Zam has been ready to launch for a while now and they didn't want to wait any longer. What's holding things up is the EQ2 site.
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Let's see:
    No, the new data is not accessable yet. Soon(tm)
    I have not yet heard anything regarding subscriptions and the new features presented at Fan Faire. Traditionally at Zam the data is available to everyone for free (just like now, you don't even need a login) and fancier stuff like the advanced searches are Premium. But I'm not gonna guess and risk getting it wrong.
    And the Press Release linked above said to expect the new EQII Zam in April. Nether site was holding the other up, lol. As far as I know the Zam.com was always slated to go first. EQII Zam is the first Allakhazam site to get the Zam treatment, so to speak.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gojirax Guest

Excellent. I ran an Allahkazams subscription for years in EQ1... I'd gladly pay for one in EQ2 once that type of information and services becomes available!
  15. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Rayche@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Me too! If you've let premium lapse, your login is still good for leaving comments and editing the wiki, btw.
  16. ARCHIVED-Motzi Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    I'll pass.
    This data feed is exclusive rights to zam, and isn't open for others to digest I assume.
  17. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Looking forward to it.
    Assuming you have a premium membership, would I be able to do a search for.. say all live quests that exist between levels x and y ? At the moment I have something of a questaholic thing going on...
    I've done some combing of the current database, but finding quite a few discrepancies between the database and the actual in-game experience. Probs not much point in posting minor corrections and such if the whole lot will be corrected by the database link.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gojirax Guest

Have you seen how fast and often and radically information in EQ2 changes? With 50% of it not even making it into the patch notes?

Go look up TSO shard armor stats... look it up on the regular Allakhazams site, look it up on EQ2i, look it up on LootDB... you will find 3 different sets of stats, all three of which are wrong.
    Nobody bothers to update the site because it takes far too much time, and will likely be wrong again in a month.

There hasn't been a constantly update and accurate EQ site since the days of EQ1 and Lucy/Magello.

I'm sure it comes at considerable expense to Allakhazams to set this up, and would be happy to help share the burdon.
  19. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Heehee agreed
    Although my latest toon is a long way from TSO and void shards, i'd just like to spend less time combing several wiki's trying to determine if "random level 9 quest to kill random number of random mobs #43345" is still in game or whether I can forget it and move on.
    Incidentally if anybody is feeling generous and has any tips on how to complete as many quests as possible, feel free to PM me.
    In the meanwhile I'm having a riot being a level 12 conj with 10 aa points and 200 quests completed.
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Gwynian@Splitpaw wrote:
    You can do that now, with the advanced search (which requires Premium).
    Do please leave comments! I check them all the time; there's no need to let the site lie fallow while our devs are developing the new site. And even when we have the data, the writeups may need to be tweaked occasionally. Case in point: With GU 51 the city tasks in Lavastorm are changing. We'll need to go adjust the old writs and maybe mark some obsolete; we'll need writeups on the new ones. It's like... a recipe. Having a list of ingredients won't help you much without instructions. People will still need to write the instructions :)