ZAM Launches ZAM.com to Provide Largest MMO Gaming Information and Community Site

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Heehee, actually most write ups have been spot on. The only things I have spotted are minor quibbles over a quests level, which only makes a diff to me as i'm being so zealous about trying to do most quests within a level or so of their actual level.
    Will definitely try premium membership once the new data is available. Looking at the Zam site I was actually surprised to realise that wowhead was part of your family, another excellent website.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Gwynian@Splitpaw wrote:
    You knowwhat? I almost mentioned level above :) We have a user who took a run through Thundering Steppes, and almost every quest level needed tweaking. I'm like "When did they do THAT?", lol.
    The best thing to do (IMO) when level or reward information has changed is upload a pic of the new quest window. I approve all the pics too, so you don't even have to leave me a comment. I cross-check *all* the pic info!
  3. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Interesting point, I assume you will either receive regular copies of the database from SoE or some sort of change log as time goes by, otherwise the new database could get very old very quick, or would you be querying the live database directly (as opposed to a copy of it).
    Would be interesting to see just how much tweaking the devs do on a monthly basis.
    Apologies for the multiple questions, very slow day at work, the boss went home at lunch and I'm just passing time...
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

No worries, I'm just waiting for time to take my oldest to Kindergarden :)
    I'm not privy to the details of the arrangement with SOE. But I can think of several means to make sure the data stays up to date. I'm looking forward to the stuff that's changed slightly (like those TS quests) automagically correcting themselves :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Humm... another question for you. Will the current "Log Parser" still be used for gathering information for the database, or do you expect that it will be redundant?
  6. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    QFE!!!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Stump4 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    TRADEMARK INFRINGMENT!!!! TRADEMARK INFRINGMENT!!!! TRADEMARK INFRINGMENT!!!!
    That one belongs to Kiara and SOE!
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Sharakari@Unrest wrote:
    Kiara gave me permission to use it!!! Hehe
    Someone asked if Lucy2 would still be used. Answer: I dunno yet, our devs are a leetle busy, heh.
  9. ARCHIVED-Galafk Guest

2 Days ago I created an account so I could create broker allerts.
    Like for finding those masters I still need.
    Though I notised I am still get warnings and find things on the broker search on http://eq2.zam.com/ that sold hours ago.

Is this because I do not have premium or a server side kind of problem?

Though I wana say it looks nice. I am still exploring the hole site. So far I have had no real trouble finding information I could want. And its in an ok size in the in game browser.
  10. ARCHIVED-gratefulripple Guest

think this is a load of poo, the old site was easier to use, you searched for something is gave you a lot more to choose from , this one doesnt..
    it gave you everything all on one page right infront of your eyes.. and if i recall.. i did advanced search's.. i never paid a penny and i just got ad's in my face some of which i clicked on because i found interesting.. new site... dont like it...
    plus you got most of the info from players... quest info.. from players...drops info... players....almost everything from players... and you want to charge me.. for giving you the information You need to run your site? seriously? your taking the mickey arent you? i miss the old site.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Snapdragon@Splitpaw wrote:
  12. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Please let us search EU-Server-Brokers ;)
    Valor and Innovation are missing!
  13. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

stayx wrote:
    Working on it. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Snapdragon@Splitpaw wrote:
    What Spyder said: You don't need an account to see the data, it's all there. I've logged out and I can access it all. You need an account to post, leave comments, and edit the wiki.
    Yes, the new site is laid out differently and takes some getting used to if you're used to our old layout. *everything* is there, including the old comments from Ogaming. Look at the tabs at the bottom of the database records.
    The plain ol' search gives back the same kind of results the old search did (we tested it heavily in Beta). The specific searches are different because we're using SOE's data and categories instead of what were basically one's we made up and put stuff into.