Your PVP experiences.

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Well, Today....... I am 2 and 14 in PVP.
    Killed a Zerker...
    Killed ....another Zerker...
    Died to ....Bruiser, Bruiser, SWASHBUCKLER, Monk, Monk, Wizzy, Wizzy, Wizzy, Warlock, Defiler, Paladin, Paladin, SK

Wow...we suck in the arena.
  2. ARCHIVED-MrMartin Guest

37 Guardian here. Managed to mangle a 37 Templar on the streets of Castleview Hamlet last night with 75% health left. :)

Although he did admit after the fight that he probably pushed the wrong button and healed me. :)

This will be great fun. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Killed all casters in one form or another without much problem.. killed all healers no problem.. got a bruiser as well. Didn't try monk yet.. lost to a pally.

A smart fabled pally or SK is prolly my hardest fight right now.
  4. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

All Priests but an Inquisitor and a Warden owned me.
    Killed Conj/Necro/Wizzy/Warlock, Haven't tried Enchanter (Yet).
    Killed Other Guards, Zerkers, a few bruisers, a few monks, no sks, no pallys.
    Lost to a Swashy, only other scout I fought was a Brig.
  5. ARCHIVED-LemmyK Guest

Level 38...
    6-6
    Defeated:
    29 Necro (1 on 1 no pet, very easy fight)
    32 Guardian (again easy)
    35 Swashy (very tough - lost due to surrendor from him leaving area)
    36 Wizzy (tough)
    38 Guardian (very easy.... not sure why)
    39 Fury (very tough for me),
    Was Defeated by:

29 Necro - yeah yeah, BUT, he claimed "cheater" from above fight and made me kill his pet before I touched him. He just healed his pet and nuked the s out of me. Long but tough fight for both.
    38 Templar (3 times - man this was tough)
    45 Assasin (easy for him)
    50 Ranger (kicked my butt :)

Very cool new feature within the game and very fun. I haven't tried /duelbet yet, prolly will only do it occassionaly.

Kudos to SOE for adding another dimension to EQ2.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sir_Halbarad Guest

vs 50 Paladin
    1-1 (was lazy and unprepared the first fight and lost)

vs 50 Templar
    1-0

vs 50 Warlock
    0-4 ([expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] root :p)
  7. ARCHIVED-Iwander Guest

Lvl 39 Guardian

Two fights with a lvl 42 Zerker lost both and don't think I did more then 10% damage to him in either one.
    One fight with a lvl 42 swasher, won that one with 15% health left.

Valdemar of Blackburrow.
  8. ARCHIVED-Azulkon Guest

42 Guardian
    in pristine fulginate (imbued bp & legs), SBS, and imbued ebon longsword here.
    1-1 so far
    Easily defeated a 42 Swashy, he tried to run away and jump behind me but easily pummeled him.
    Started off with Retaliate and Invade and think he was demoralized from the start.

Got wooped by a 42 Templar pretty easily.
    Once again started out with Retaliate and Invade, then used all my stun, interupts, and stifles.
    Had her down to 25% before she could get a heal off, then it was over. I tried to just melee her
    and let her power go down, but no dice. Oh well, maybe next time.

Kondar
  9. ARCHIVED-northland Guest

You use shield or Two hand in pvp ? you use offensive of defensive stance ? I am curious.
  10. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Vs caster or healer 2h and offensive.

Vs tanks im not sure yet which way is best.
  11. ARCHIVED-Belce Guest

Sorry, /duel is not PvP, its just /duel nothing more and alot less than this thread seems to think it is. PvP is playing in a game situation where you maybe attacked at any time. Really, /duel is people going around cherry picking targets for a cheap thrill. I like PvP and I won't /duel anyone. The results of /duel are even less meaningful to me than soaps. OMG, my class has reports of being owned in /duels against this class so many times and they seem to think it means something.
    It doesn't and /duel isn't PvP, its just /duel.
  12. ARCHIVED-Colossaltitan Guest

Umm...Okay? [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], Your DUEL Experience. BFD. Everyone obviously understood what the intentions and the purpose of the post was. Take Care now, Bye bye then.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nemi Guest

What a n00b :smileyvery-happy:
    PvP - Player versus Player
    Duel - Two players fighting against each other.
    Therefore /duel = pvp
    EQ2 is not a PvP game, but perhaps I'm expecting too much intelligence from you.
  14. ARCHIVED-Azulkon Guest

", /duel is people going around cherry picking targets for a cheap thrill"
    Actually that is exactly what happens on a PvP server.
    In a duel both parties agree to the engagement.

Kondar
  15. ARCHIVED-Belce Guest

Having someone walk up and challenge another person to a duel is not PvP, no one that enjoys playing in a PvP game would ever consider that to be PvP. In a PvP game, a person that looks around for easy targets to gank is not playing PvP, they are just ganking. In order for a game to be considered PvP it has to be group and anytime, your consent is when you start. I look at this duel and arena stuff and hope that someday this game decides to include PvP instead of not having it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Vukota Guest

Faced a 50 Warden and a 50 Wizard yesterday ....

RESULTS

Lost to the Warden ... he had a wicked knock/back stun that rendered me defenseless

Lost to the Wizard ... Fast & furious fight...I may have won if he didn't land his Master I Ice Comet that hit me for over 3k

:(

~~Vuk
  17. ARCHIVED-Poochymama p Guest

Anyone know how to beat a wizard?
    When I duel them they just root ice comet, BOF and im dead
    Any suggestions?
  18. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Start duel on their head. Chain stun them. Wiz should never cast a spell vs you.
  19. ARCHIVED-Belce Guest

What if it is a smart wizard, one that put the duel up at range and won't let you close?
    No smart wizard would ever allow a guardian to get within melee range to start a duel and only a stupid wizard would accept one at that range.
    How do you defeat a smart opponnent in a duel? They have already inspected you, they see what you have, they know what you bring, they put up the challenge hoping you would accept.
  20. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

At some point, a wizard has to stop to cast. So throw in a .2 second casting interrupt, then chain stun until he is dead.