Your first death

Discussion in 'Traveler's Tales' started by ARCHIVED-CrazyJim888, Dec 10, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-CrazyJim888 Guest

Mine was level 8, I had a treasure chest trap explode on me for 260 damage.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tazekiel Guest

speaking of traps. I was on my Gnome mage, level 4 or 5 on the isle of refuge. Well, I kill a bear and it drops a chest: YAY!!! So.. I open it -BOOM! splat. I'm on the ground, I took 106 dmg and I have -yep, 106 HPs (total) so after freaking out, laughing, and crying because I know a gobo could walk by and kill me whilst I'm down, I stand up, grab my new hat, and limp back to a guard. After fully recooping, I go out and kill; "Hello Mr. Goblin! BOOM!" gobo drops a chest. Yay! open chest: BOOM! 107 dmg. I dead. :smileysad:

That was fun.
  3. ARCHIVED-FixerSS Guest

Mispost.
    Message Edited by FixerSS on 12-10-2004 03:02 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-FixerSS Guest

Level 10 exploring the commonlands.

"Hey look someone's taking a griffin ride... **mods 4 teh win!!1!** they're pretty slow..."

*continues wandering about the immediate area when suddenly what I now know to be gustfeather desends and viciously maims me*

"THATS NOT A NICE GRIFF! ITS NOT A NICE GRIFF!" *Run my little legs off for the few feet I managed before becomming Griff-Chow brand ratonga niblits.*

Now I cower whenver a griffin flies overhead.
    Message Edited by FixerSS on 12-10-2004 03:03 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-dereb Guest

when i first started eq2 i had only 256 mb ram. very laggy experiense :smileytongue:

so im lvl 6 in peat bog and just exploring, then i find a gate, it says to antonica, so i duble clicked on it and began zoning. when that hour had passed i was in the ocean :smileyindifferent: thats when the lagg started . i couldnt move nothing hapond on the screen, sudenly i was dead and drowned :smileysad: so i went and got more ram hehe
  6. ARCHIVED-Earend Guest

I was on the Isle of Refuge and my group was fighting that big pirate ghost. We actually killed him with no losses, and even though I was pretty low on health my group and I handled the fight very well and we were all quite impressed with ourselves for being alive. Then someone opened the chest, and it exploded. And still, I was alive!! And then I noticed I was poisoned... I soon took a hit from that and keeled over. Was not cool, not cool at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-Anubis3k Guest

first time i was killed was also on the IoR, playing my then level 3 fighter, Solesk(whose now almost 17.)
    I decided i'd go and take a swim around the lagoon with all the ruins innit. well, unlike some other poor hapless swimmers, I DIDN'T get any theme music to clue me in.
    Suddenly, Bladefin starts taking out big chunks of my legs, i just reached land, thinking it to be safe, when Bladefin pops out of the water and grows invisible legs, killing me before i could get to the guard.
  8. ARCHIVED-Anatheya Guest

My first death came in the form of realizing those red lines around the name mean something, and are thus best avoided when just exploring. ^_^; I was on IoR, and just getting to know the area..wandered through two goblin camps, no problem.

Goblins never touched me so I was just fine, right? I could explore the whole area and not have to worry about a goblin.

So head on down the trail, wander by a campfire and- BOOM. I wasn't even a smear on the ground. ;) learning moment, that was. Red lines around names = bad. very bad.
  9. ARCHIVED-klawdite Guest

I decided to take a swim while on my short stay at the isle of refuge, seeing as it is a very beautiful place, even if there are a couple goblins.

Very rude people there though, as I waded off into the water, none of the guards around the docks warned me of the mad sharks about.
  10. ARCHIVED-Minuetta Guest

That was hilarous!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kondular Guest

First death? Easy, turned to far coming down the stairs on Malvonicus' tower. My fragile little Gnome Mage self just couldn't take the 15 foot fall or whatever is is. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Harlequiin Guest

treasure map quest on IoR. who knew at the time it would spawn a ghost troll that wanted to keep it's treasure.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nibua Guest

By including my Beta experiances my first death on 6 out of 8 characters have been from opening chests. On Sslip's character screen it's still listed as what caused his last (only) death. The gnome who invents some sort of long range opening device will sell a gazillion of them!! Take a look at the NPC with the most kills page. Last I saw a "Treasure Chest" is the 2nd most deadly thing in the game. ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Sidoh Guest

Hey dereb, if the system requirements are 512mb of RAM, how were you able to run EQ2?
  15. ARCHIVED-Silver_Feather Guest

Hmm well my first deth on my main suprised me,cause I was the unkillable Ratonga on the island.I died when I got attacked by a large group of my own kind in the sewers,they were deseased Ratonga.Before that though I had many near-deth experiances,but out of every battle I`d tell my group "I haven`t died yet!"
  16. ARCHIVED-Sitala Guest

My first death was the Isle of Refuge, my hubby and I JUST got off the tutorial boat, picked our base class (I a scout he a healer), and newbie weapon. Oh look a crab (was blue) and killed it no problem and Wooo a chest drops. I double click it then BOOM!!! woodelf chum..... little did I know at that time that scouts could disarm... (sorta) hehe after about 4 or 5 boom deaths I realized.. oh look there is a disarm option.... Duh :smileytongue:
  17. ARCHIVED-Zetnorr Guest

Well I get off the boat at Refuge take a look around, do a spot of fishing & kill a few crab's. So I go over to check out these Goblins. 'Ha , they don't look so tough" I say to myself then I target 1 and before you know it he's all over me like a cheap set of hide armor.Bewildered & dazed the fight had gone out of me...and so did my life.Lvl 3 fighter hadn't even received my 1st quest yet.
    Such is the way it seem's for Norrkahn the Barbarian.
  18. ARCHIVED-DaemonSlayer Guest

Well I cant remember the level Itw a somewhere between 9 and 12...

It was in okamyst forest :) Was killing blue named mobs... then went for white named mobs... then saw some orange bear cubs and thought "may as well" Slaughtered them.. using a HO and toughness" good old dwarves! Then i saw a Red bear... being on a Killing spree i howled and ran towards this Big Big red bear... I know a red mob probally would of kileld me anyway... It would of helped if I noticed the two red up arrows next to the bear though ;)

Gotrex Howls in victory at the Large Oakmyst Bear!!

ChAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!
    hmm how come I'm at the Guard outpost?
    where did this debt come from..
    what happend to the bear..
    why have i got a gaping hole in my chest??....

oh..
  19. ARCHIVED-jdedmo Guest

It was on the isle of refuge gathering parts for the gnome on the beach. After asking around i was told there was a set of parts under the bridge above the lagoon falls. I ran up there and after checking things out figured i could run past the goblins, gather the needed parts and jump off the falls. It seemed like a good plan, but those are famous last words.

Off I went. 2 Goblins agroed, then 2 more, then another 2. Hmmm, this might not have been a good idea. I jumped over the bridge rail and clicked on the parts. I got the quest update ding and jumped off the waterfall, right on top of Bladefin followed by the 6 goblins. I tried to do the rodeo thing to Bladefin but came up about 7 seconds short.

I didn't realize untill trying to get my shard just how many sharks are in that lagoon. You'd think they would at least post a sign on the beach. At least i leveled trying to get my shard back.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ashby Guest

Anyone who doesn't die on the Isle of Refuge isn't trying hard enough.

My first was Fallen Pirates there. But I've yet to make a character that didn't dies several times on the IoR. Mostly because I like to push them to see what I can solo (the answer being... not everything).