Your favorite type of healer?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Mystique, Dec 25, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Mystique Guest

I am interested in hearing what you guys think about the different healer sub-classes and their ability to keep you alive. This includes the "more offensive" halves: Furies, Defilers and Inquisitors. My tank is a Guardian so I'm posting in this forum...presume no favoritism or ignorance of other tank classes. I just want some information as it pertains to my regular play situations. Also I would ask that you refrain from rehashing the "certain healers are best matched to certain tanks" arguments. I know the facts and assumptions about this, and ask that you please post your own findings and thoughts from the battlefield, and leave the surmising philosophies out of this discussion.

-Is there a healer class that you prefer over the others? Why?
    -Have you had particularly bad luck with one class of healer? Is there a class you refuse to let main heal you?
    -What two healer combination do you prefer? Why?
    -Do you think, from a tank perspective, that there are imbalances within the healing classes that you think should be addressed?
    -Do you find a particular healing class getting a lot of or too much aggro when healing in their respective ways?

Wanted to keep this short and sweet, as it is late. I would love to hear from as many of you as possible, and especially those of you in the 35-50 range. Your insight is appreciated, thanks :smileyhappy:

Regards,
  2. ARCHIVED-ThramFalcox Guest

3. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

I have found it is easily 90% player. My main goal is good healer PLAYERS, and not class X or Y. On the other hand, wards are not the best on me as I am a fat clug... but shams manage to keep me alive just fine. Right now I am level 29, and mostly xping at the 33ish golems. I have 3k hp buffed, and according to my parser (which seems to be right), I take an average of 3k damage per fight. So honestly, as long as they heal me for 10 HP a fight I will live ;) The main thing is fights last a little under a minute, so I need to be healed for 3k hp somewhere over that minute so that I can pull a new one right away. Druids are the most effecient at this I believe, but anyone can manage it if they conserve power/don't have all app1s.
  4. ARCHIVED-Maker Guest

My favourite type of healer is one that is paying attention and casts the right spells at the right time. I generally play with an inquisitor who is quite good at his job, however I have played with a number of other groups and found that the worst cleric class is the one who thinks he should be tanking, nuking, or not focusing on the MT when things get hairy.
  5. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

I love grouping with a fury. I never get hit so hard that she needs to heal me super quick, even against the occasional inquistor/sk mob (they are nasty) I can always hunker down so the fury can catch up. Pluss the added dps is great.

If the fury is going low on power it's because she's nuking not healing.
  6. ARCHIVED-HajimeSaito Guest

-Is there a healer class that you prefer over the others? Why?

I much prefer Defilers. I have never grouped with a Mystic so I can't vouch for them, but I like Defilers because Wards make me mitigate damage even better than I already do, and damage mitigated = damage not taken = damage not healed. Allthough, in terms of power, it is just pre-emptive healing... but either way.

-Have you had particularly bad luck with one class of healer? Is there a class you refuse to let main heal you?

I wouldn't say that there are any healers that I wouldn't let heal me, but I would say the ones I like the least are stupid ones. We all know who they are, and I won't go into details, because I am sure there is a character limit on posts for these forums.

-What two healer combination do you prefer? Why?

Defiler and Inquisitor. Pure healing power mixed with pure damage mitigation... nuff said.

-Do you think, from a tank perspective, that there are imbalances within the healing classes that you think should be addressed?

I think druids may be getting the shaft. Shamans get wards (great) and Clerics get reactive heals (excellent) but druids get regens (not so nice). The other 2 classes get useful abilities during combat, as the druids are best used out of combat.

-Do you find a particular healing class getting a lot of or too much aggro when healing in their respective ways?

Not when I am tanking. May sound like tooting my own horn, but I don't have agro issues. So if one class is pulling more than another, I don't notice it much. Again, the only ones that fall into this category are stupid healers, and that could be any one of them.
  7. ARCHIVED-Barruk Guest

My favorite kind of healer?

The kind that keeps me not dead. :)
  8. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

Inquisitor handsdown. I find that as a guardian I get hit repeatedly for small amounts of dmg, meaning I get the most out of those reactive heals.

It all depends on the con of the mobs you are fighting though really..

best combo is probably inquisitor / druid of some type.
  9. ARCHIVED-ThePain Guest

I prefer shamans. From what I have seen shamans have the better buffs, and the slows make a huge diff, plus at 26.6 they get a second type of ward so that they can have ward up 100% of the time, and can ward multiple people.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xiomicron Guest

:smileysurprised: I highly doubt that...
  11. ARCHIVED-leeto Guest

/Nod
    I prefer Shaman's also.They can heal,ward,dot mobs, debuff mobs very well,have great buffs for us tanks also.
    Dont forget shaman can haste us also,its a higher lvl shammy spell.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tru3_Pl4y3r Guest

Like others have said i prefer a healer who has up to date adepts etc and is on the ball and keeps me alive.
  13. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Sorry you feel this way. Click on my link in sig, I am higher now but my unbuffed HP should be pretty beastly still.
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 12-29-2004 03:55 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Crusho Guest

Warden, Shaman is a great combo. Have them cast HoT and Ward right before you pull, it's unbeatable. You'll have plenty time to taunt before they have to start healing :)
  15. ARCHIVED-gggunit Guest

Templar + Chanter is the best "healer" combo period, and yes I know that Chanters technically aren't healers. With a group of lvl 33s a Guardian + Templar + Chanter + 3 DPS can take the lvl39 miner boss encounters in RE without much trouble, and the non-boss encounters are cake. Replacing the Templar + Chanter with 2 "lesser" healers won't get the job done in my experience unless the group is very coordinated, too much chain healing creates agro problems when you're against 5 mobs. IMO Templars are clearly the best healers in the game when you're going against orange-red encounters.
  16. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

lmao, I took down the 39 miner boss with me (31 guard) and a 33 templar, with no other help (no other healer or mezzers, we had damage dealers). RE mobs tend to be a big pushover, and tanking 7-10 levels above you with 1 healer is common.

However I do agree that templar + GOOD chanter is amazing. A chanter who only mezzes sucks, but a good one who can DD when needed is very nice.
    Message Edited by TunaBoo on 12-30-2004 07:44 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

Interesting thread... Very Interesting to hear everyones opinions...

What I have found & that many of you support is the Best Healer, The Best tank, The best anything is someone that keeps there gear & spells up to date... Personally I always try to ahve the best gear available to me at the time (Jewels, Armour, Weapons & Shield).... But I have been groups with some healers that didnt take the time to find that adept1 or buy the app3... there still using the app1 or app2... On that note, I have grouped with tank who are wearing almost all grey Items & have less ac then my equal level druid....

& to those of you that say druids cannot heal... group with me :) I often find myself being the only healer when fighting groups of 4-5 red ^^ mobs... and we handle those with no problem... hell, I can solo a 33 EL bat/wasp at 24 (I got in cause im a lvl 33 alchy)
  18. ARCHIVED-Fithin Guest

TunaBoo whats up with the sig.? I click it and its some website in a dif. language. I dont see stats!?
  19. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Ah changed the sig to show my profile.

I will fix sig
  20. ARCHIVED-EQ2Shilak Guest

I dont really have a single preferred healer, all seem good in their own way. Personally, I would rather have two healers on hand of differing types.