Your Favorite and why?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-mappam, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

[p]I am curious as to what others have done in Tradeskills - Why they have a favorite.[/p][p]Mine is my Carpenter - BUT my carpenter is the tradeskill of my Main & I like to "play house" - so = [/p][p]More time ingame = more time items are listed on the broker = more money from tradeskilling.[/p][p]She can share with all of her "sisters" (alts) as everone needs furnishings and it doesn't matter what race/faction/level they are to be able to actually use what the carpenter makes.[/p][p]BTW - she is a lvl 28 'zerker and level 33 carpenter.[/p][p]Your turn.....[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-MrSkeptic Guest

Mine is my jeweler, because i can make some hawt adornments and HC jewelery that sell well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Looker1010 Guest

I like being able to do it all myself, so 9 crafters. No favorites.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I have 4 active crafters, and I still like my woodworker best. I'm not sure why, lol.
  5. ARCHIVED-Barbai Guest

I been managing to go fairly strong on my armorer myself.Since I don't raid, and solo the majority of the time I find the mastercrafted I make works well enough.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Same. All 9 capped and for some reason the woodworker is my #1. I used to think it was because it was on my main adventurer, then I thought it was because it was my first TS class. Right now I'm hovering between mysterious attraction and it's craft versatility(beaten only by tailors)- totems and ammo are huge pluses to the class.
  7. ARCHIVED-spikeking Guest

My carpenter is my favorite tradeskiller, because I enjoy making things for my toons apts.
  8. ARCHIVED-Soefje Guest

I like alchemist b/c I like making things that sell. Priced right, I can't keep potions/poisons on the shelf. Very gratifying to log on and make money for a change. Wish my armorer could say the same. Liked armorer better until T7. :cry:
  9. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

[p]I love my provi. I enjoy cooking IRL, and its also fun in game. Ihave to admit, I did like it more when we had allthe refining before the final item, but it is still fun.[/p][p]I would love to have more recipes, tho. I fear my fellow adventurers can only drink so much bospite wine before becoming bored......[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Krelor Guest

[p] Agreed! :)[/p][p]I do also love my provisioner, a little halfling who yearns to visit her home of Rivervale. Guess she needs to grow up adventuring wise ;)[/p][p]For me though, my favourite tradeskill is armourer. The character's role in that is important too - it's the 'overall' package. My evil gnome armourer/defiler was my first tradeskiller to 70 and although it wasn't easy - I thoroughly enjoyed it for some reason.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

[p]Carpenter, very closely followed by my jeweler (have a weaponsmith at 69th but meh).[/p][p]Carpenter is my fav because I enjoy being able to produce items that both myself and other people can use to decorate their homes. The strong boxes are just a bonus. I probably should've been a carpenter IRL, really.[/p][p]I like jeweler because my new main is a dirge and it's a completely practical profession for him--he can make his own spell upgrades and can fill 7 jewelry slots (in T4+ only, sadly) with adequate gear without really having to invest a huge amount of money.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Dragmoon Guest

my weaponsmith.... nearly useless but fun.....
  13. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Level 44 jeweler. I can sell a lot of what I make, and use it all too. That stuff which I can't sell get's sacrificed to my deity.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

No matter how I stray, I still end up with Alchemist and Rijacki *chuckle* I do have a few other tradeskillers up to their 30s but only Rijacki is 70. I even server moved Rijacki twice (at full price) because I wanted to play her more and I couldn't have another character designated as my "main" over her for long. It's not a matter of how much I play her vs another for any span of time, she is -the- main and refuses to let me have any other "main".
  15. ARCHIVED-DeathEater024 Guest

I love my tailor and my provi you can never have enough bags and or food and drink.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

[p]My favorites are my Woodworker and my Provisioner, simply because I prefer to produce items to sell while leveling, instead of a hampster wheel of endless hours producing junk that cannot be given away, or, in the writ system, isn't even actually made.[/p][p]I particularly like the absence of Rares and Rare recipes in Provisioner.. no ludicrous book or raw prices, no wasting of gold to burn rare raws on discovery exp.[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-FoxRiverRanger Guest

[p]My favorite is my main, a 70 woodworker / 34 ranger. He runs the shop for all my toons, harvests all the common materials (except tier 7), and pays the alts their allowance. Even though I make more money with my armorer and jeweler, I find myself neglecting restocking their goods in favor of crafting writs on Mikial. [/p][p]The jeweler (47) is easy to level and tends to outlevel the others. For some reason I have the most difficulty with timed writs on this toon, but rarely need to run writs due to the amount of discovery bonus. [/p][p]The armor (40) is fun when I make the time, and each level gained is an achievement. Running out of hard metal limits the amount of time I spend leveling.[/p][p]The tailor (40) gets little use except for crafting adornments and town clothing for my own use. Easier to level than the armorer due to the amount of roots and leather I find when harvesting.[/p][p]The provisioner (37 ) was created to use all the food harvests that I could not even give away. It is satisfying to craft 32 stacks of raws into stacks of food and drink in one sitting. I almost chose provisioner on Mikial, but the time it took to make a stack of 'Refreshing The Zombie" or 'Delectable Walnut Orange Trailmix' and the desire to make my archery gear and shield led me to woodworker. Now at six stacks an hour the accomplishment feels diminished, but the rate of output is good for supplying all my toons and the broker.[/p][p]I have thought about creating a Carpenter, but shopping the broker to decorate all the alts houses is one of my hobbies. Creating exactly what I want would take the excitement of discovering the perfect piece at the right price.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-VampiressAnn Guest

[p]i like my alchemist the best, just because it is the first tradeskiller i leveled so i have a soft spot for her :)[/p][p]but i am enjoying carpenter, and provisioner at the moment, i live being able to decorate my house ..[/p][p]and to make my own food and drink for adventuring. :)[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-steelblueangel Guest

My favorite is the woodworker because I enjoy making the totems. I love shape changing with the totems and my favorite shape thus far is the monkey form :lol:, I simply adore changing into it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Meeze Guest

[p]I like to be self sufficient. I mean, I am a ranger after all!:lol:[/p][p]I am also fascinated by the online economy and like to see what sells and for how much. I like the hunt for materials, I like to be able to send useful things to other people and my alts.[/p]