Yeddahd's Cadaceus Staff

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Supple, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-icetower Guest

Ironically its a jerkoff necro who is giving me more grief than the farmers while I try to get this item for my 55 conj.
    While the farmers just kill everything indescriminantly and miss the named sometimes, a solo necro turned up and decided the camp belonged to him. He charmed then fd ^^^ mobs on me when I did manage to pull the named.
    I was able to control the add sometimes but in the end I had to give up in frustration.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kalyai Guest

I picked this up just the other day. Instead of fighting with the farmers that were farming the mobs there, I asked if they would help me get it. Grouped up with them, tried to be useful for the 1 round of mobs we had to kill before the named spawned, but my usefulness was practically none with 2 wizards and something else.

It took just 1 clear of all the mobs, up spawns the boss, down he goes, and there's my staff :)

Not bad for 5 minutes of uselessness :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Somanow Guest

How do you map this item from your backpack into a slot to cast the heal? My normal weapon is way better in terms of stats but I do have the need from time to time for the quick BAM heal for my pet. Once heal is cast I want my better weapon back in its slot.

I would love to be able to do this in a single click without having to open my bags and go through that mess.

Thanks for your help.

KD
  4. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

Hot bar it.
  5. ARCHIVED-bluegod Guest

grizfazzle's (sp?) walking stick is supposed to be really good.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

It's the best thing unless your guild raids Chel'drak and you're lucky enough to obtain the Dagger of Arcane Rite...in terms of dps. Also the two handed staff from Nizara is a good one.
  7. ARCHIVED-MadLordOfMilk Guest

I was camping the spawn for like 4 hours the other night. He didn't even spawn once. :smileysad: We stood right at the spawn and kept killing the 5 solo zombie groups and the market enforcers at the door, nada. Is there anything I'm not getting here? I (and a few other guildies) need it, but obviously that camp didn't go well - well, actually, one of my officers unmentored and ran around looking for shinies and got me my lost soul for Mystic Moppet, so it wasn't too bad, hehe.
    Message Edited by MadLordOfMilk on 12-04-2006 08:13 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Pharly Guest

I had a similar run in with not just 1 farmer....2!

one of them was a 60 necro with the staff. He would sell it, then come back and loot the next one if it dropped for him. And another was a wizard that was fighitng the other necro for the named. They both played real dirty, when ever i or the wizard would get the named or something the other necro wanted he would break charm on top of me and FD. The wizard would try to train me...and succeeded a few times when i was hitting my AE and i tagged his mobs.

Well it took about 30 minutes to get my staff :smileyvery-happy:

What worked for me was making my tank pet guard at the named spawn point and making a macro

/Target Trade Commissioner Aman
    /Pet Attack

The farmer would kill the adds and i would spam this hot key, and FD once i got the named since i anticipated him breaking charm on me. You could say this "worked like a charm" :smileyvery-happy:
  9. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

I also had trouble with farmers. That entrance seems to be perma-camped on Permafrost lol. I eventually brought my 70 berskerker and mass slaughtered every mob at the entrance as soon as they popped. The farmer (a wiz) eventually logged and then I proceeded to kill the named like 10x before the staff dropped :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Tonmargu Guest

After dropping down into the little pool, I had no idea the spawn are was right in front of me. There were two level 60 Necromancers camping that area, neither responded to any form of message and I just wanted to charm one of the Market Enforcers to help within the zone. Once I got close enough, the named spawned right in front of me and out of impulse, I attacked before seeing that both Necro's ran for it as well. After I managed to kill him, the staff dropped on the first try, so I guess I was a lucky victom of circumstance in this. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Borelin Guest

I camped this for over 8 Hours 1 night and finally gave up do to 3 or more farmers stealing the named. I went back very next day bruaght alogn a person that wouldnt agro the sides but could agro the named and stood in courtyard and let her do the wark and the farmers where busy trying to clear the sides and dying we got the named and on 2nd spawn got staff =)
  12. ARCHIVED-MadLordOfMilk Guest

Eventually got my staff - a lv70 helped me get rid of the farmer. He attacked one of the mobs, locked the encounter, then went AFK and stood there for like 20mins until the guy left. Hehe.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kalyai Guest

does anyone have an ingame link for this staff handy?
  14. ARCHIVED-MadLordOfMilk Guest

\aITEM -2109048931 -593423123:Yeddahd's Caduceus\/a
  15. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Bwahaha! Nice!
  16. ARCHIVED-Imperishable Guest

I still use this staff when soloing a difficult named. About 1 month ago I had a two-hand legendary staff drop in nizzarah that is by far better then grizzle's staff. Im at work right now so I cant tell you the name of it, but the proc is crazy insane, with 600-900 dps proc 1.8 times a min along with a stun effect that works on epics. Im just guessing, because I cant 100% remember, but I think it had like 100 hp/pow, 60 int and 30 stam? Ill post later on today with the name and exact stats.
    Imperishable-70 necro/92 aa/70 carp./103 tinker
    Heka-70 guard/59 aa/70 prov/289 transmuter
    Nakazato-70 bruis/50 aa