Yeddahd's Cadaceus Staff

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Supple, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Hi fellow Necros.

I wanted to pass out some information that was not very forthcoming in my research.

I'm sure you've all heard of Yeddahd's Cadaceus which is dropped by Trade Commissioner Aman
    Just finding that linked information above was a pain because of the weird name. So, you'll understand if I put my feedback here instead of Ogaming. I've known about this staff for a long time but never rolled a summoner. I knew if I were to, I'd want this staff for certain.
    My Experience:
    The trade commissioner is spawned by killing the 5 groups of wussy mummies in front of the first building you see when you zone into Living Tombs. Some claim that positioning matters when the named is about to spawn. It did not matter where I stood when the possible named spawn was about to occur. I stood all over the place testing it. He appeared with the group of market enforcers perhaps once every 4 times. I had to kill the commisioner perhaps 10 times before he dropped the staff. Sometimes he dropped nothing at all. I spent 6 total hours over 3 camps to get it. The mummies respawned every 8 minutes or so, so it wasnt a painful camp in that respect.

What made it painful was the platfarmers. You'd think they wouldnt be there, but I was fighting them the whole time. Aman rarely drops the chest, so it doesnt seem worth it for them to kill the named, not to mention it's no-trade. It would seem they're after the body loot dropping off the mummies, but they'll happily kill the named when he appears, even if they themselves are not summoners. Some farmers were reasonable, others not. I worked with the nice ones letting them kill the trash, but they kill so slow it was painful
    Anywho, I thought I'd post this in case any of you wanted to pick up this awesome item.
  2. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

At T7 I still use it when duoing in places like PP. I imagine the 40% will scale so I will always use it when soloing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Audabon Guest

yeah i still use this still to this day!! I have it hotbarred from inventory so i can click that moving it into my weapon slot and then i have it hotkeyed for use right next to it in case i need a quick pet heal but dont want to keep it eqiupped! :D
    ***edit*** Undying Drednought (I call him Fluffy)gets over a 5k heal from this :D
    Message Edited by Audabon on 09-05-2006 10:15 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-TheRealMoon Guest

I feel your pain. The plat farmers in PoF make doing the Ashen Monk/Disciple quest series a pain also. :smileymad:
  5. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Threaten to report them if they don't behave. When I tell em flat out that GMs will come and investigate the situation, most true plat farmers don't want that kind of attention.

.... Now, that being said... frat boys that are just being selfish a-holes, won't care about your petitions becasue they aren't breaking the rules and since they're American and not Asian, they think that rules don't apply to them anyway. So thretening them will usually get you a flip and rude "I don't care, bite me" reply. But if they're truely your typical Bot Squad - Plat Farming group, they asolutely don't like SoE GMs looking over their shoulders while they're in a vulnerable potition.
  6. ARCHIVED-Audabon Guest

im moving to your server.. our plat farmers dont say anything unless you kill them repeatedly(muaha) then you get "[][][] [] [][] !!!"
    im checking my wingdings and webdings for a translation lol
    honestly the farmers on blackburrow dont ever reply to tells or anything, we have some plat farmers who run 5 toons at a time clearing zones like vultures. so once you kill them a few times... they just /camp and are gone for a few hours :eek:
  7. ARCHIVED-dj_krztoff Guest

I went into LT and nabbed this tonight. Took 5 minutes, no kidding!

Another full group came in and camped it for at least 3 hours while myself and the 3 other ppl i was with xp'd for a while ... with no luck.

OMGWTFPWNED!

I think I just used up the rest of my lifetime's luck.
    Message Edited by dj_krztoff on 09-06-2006 12:43 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

I was passing through the EL and found an obvious farmer with all the tell-tale signs. Three wizards, one healer (Templar), and one tank (Berzerker) all with nonsensical, near unpronounceable names and minimal gear, and all were level 34. I roamed over and hovered near his pull group and said nothing. The Berzerker returned with a new batch of local mobs after they dispatched with it the tank paused and turned to me and there was a long silence. I'm not sure what he was expecting me to say.
    So he /dances with me and then says..."Hai". I simply responed with a /wave, and continued to float. I'm thinking to myself 'where are some mid-50 undead when you need them?' I was chatting in guild so I just hung out to make him nervous...at least I slowed him down.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fumbles Guest

Duoing with a conj both lvl 50 at the time, were able to get two of these in 45 mins. Not a hard item to get at all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

I read the ogaming feedback on 15 minute camps and 3day camps. I'm glad you guys were able to get it so quickly, but I dont mind the 6 hours I spent. 6 hours isnt much for how awesome the item is. I'm a happy "camper".
  11. ARCHIVED-FreaklyCreak Guest

8 hour camp. Fought with farmers.

The reason they farm him is because the staff sells to merchants for like 35g a pop.
  12. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

I doubt they are farming specifically him. They'll kill him if he pops, maybe try to auction off the staff on the fly. The body loot all the trash mobs drop is worth a lot more than 35g.
  13. ARCHIVED-Azrexel Guest

I just hit 70 and have had this a while, what other 1h 2h out there is better than this?

I don't solo, don't duo and I'm nearly always in group / raid where my pet usualy gets hit by AE's.

Ideas?
  14. ARCHIVED-Sarduscious Guest

I managed to get this to drop for me yesterday -- the camp itself was somewhat fun, but I had to deal with a farmer the whole time. I only got the drop once the farmer left the zone to go back to town and sell, otherwise it was -- the mummies would spawn, the Wizard-farmer would run over and pull the 3 groups closest to them and AE them to death and then he'd turn invis, walk up to the spawn point of the named and the second he popped the Wiz would AE pull him. Good luck to any necros working on getting this on AB -- the mummies, including those needed to trigger quest mob spawns, are perma-camped by a Wizard farmer and alas my /petitions have only resulted in the response that nothing can be done until I can /report and /log chat text where the farmer admits to purposefully disrupting gameplay for the sake of farming to resell at a third party website :smileymad:

In terms of why the farmed the named who drops the staff -- there's the typical % chance that if he drops a metal chest it will contain a master 1 spell drop instead of the staff -- A quick check of the broker under the name of the farmer in LT confirmed that he's selling master spells for that level range, no doubt from farming the named spawn.
  15. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

I've been trying for the last several days to get this drop, but there are at any one time, 2-3 farmers in Living Tombs.

I got so frustrated I charmed one of the Mummies in the five groups that cause the spawn of the TC. The TC wont spawn so long as my charmed mummy lives. The mummies will respawn though. So, I've kept my pet enthralled for as long as I need to.

Then, when the farmers are distracted by gnolls or off selling their ill gotten gains, I have killed the mummy pet and spawned the TC or his placeholder. There are less opprotunities to get the drop, but they wind up being all mine.

Not all the farmers have figured out this pattern, but it makes them angry. To hell with them though.
  16. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

A necro in my guild got six drops in one day and they sell to the vendor for 35g, thats more than I make selling stuff on the broker.

I camped for 10 hours last Sunday (2pm to 12am - I watched four films and some TV eps, so not a total loss) and didn't get a single staff. I've only got 40% to go before I outlevel the drop (and I hate turning off XP).

However, I did the TS quest from The Fallen Dynasty and got the Harvesting backpack. If you leave one spot open in the backpack you can continue to loot things and they just drop into the overflow (although you can't gather shinies etc). When I sold 10 hours worth of Overflow gathering on Sunday I made 3pp 40g, so that wasn't so bad... :smileyhappy:
  17. ARCHIVED-Krixius Guest

Even better is to charm one of the Market Enforcers that spawn with the named, the event will not respawn at all. That really messes with them.
  18. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Now that's evil Krix. I like it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

Woot, two weeks of fighitng farmers has paid off. Got mine today. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Tinman_au Guest

Nice info Supple, matches what I found on this as well, and grats on getting your staff.

And I have to agree on the platfarmers, they put me off camping the staff for 2 weeks, then I decided to have a go at it at the weekend just gone and managed to get the staff after a 6 hour camp. Luckily the guy farming with the 3-box setup left the area I was in alone (thanks Ecc!), the 4-box farmer that works the area just swept him up with all the rest of the trash.

Another area thats really bad for farmers is the Gobs in PoF.

At least I discovered the "/lock" command from this experience, I have it hotkeyed now incase I have to camp any other farmed areas.