Year of Darkpaw - Deity reintroductions?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Juull, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Juull Member

The first "herald" is of Tarew Marr and I believe I recall seeing the second will be of E'ci. Both of these deities are classified as "Elemental" on the wiki, leading me to believe we might see the rest of that crew before the year is out. Also, if you look over the Herald's shoulder, the book she appears to be reading seems to show illustrations of a broken portal. Any thoughts? I am in no way, shape or form a loremaster but I love live events and I am really excited to see what this year will bring!
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The book just has a bunch of concentric circles that don't look like anything except the geometric shapes that they are to me.
  3. Juull Member

Well, the book disappeared when we advanced to the next rank of research. I think it might have resembled the altar that seems to be developing in front of the Herald, but I couldn't swear to it. At any rate, today you can look at all of the locations that will have avatar camps by searching "Avatar" in the mission timers.

We have Mystic Lake (obviously), but it looks like we have Antonica, Butcherblock, Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Enchanted Lands, Everfrost, Feerrott, Fens of Nathsar, Frostfang Sea, Lavastorm, Lesser Faydark, Loping Plains, Nektulous Forest, Rivervale, Sinking Sands, Thunder Steppes, and Timorous Deep to look forward to. That's a total of 18 locations... there are 6 elemental gods (E'ci and Tarew Marr included) and 9 gods listed as "not yet returned". I think that it was mentioned that we might see Avatars that have already existed this year as well, so I am pretty excited about what is to come!
    Gninja likes this.
  4. Juull Member

It doesn't seem like people are really getting into the speculation part of the year, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Povar and Steamfont for the next Herald release.

It's like Clue, only sillier. With house items to buy!
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Rmmmmm who is this "Steamfont" you're thinking of?
  6. Terrius Well-Known Member

Based on context I believe they are guessing Povar's avatar will show up in Steamfont.
    Juull and Cusashorn like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I get it now. Introducing the God and Location.
    Terrius likes this.
  8. Dgkelly38 Active Member

The EQ2 wiki says (on here https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Gods) that 2 female deities will be appearing at some point. I assume E'ci is the first of that pair; who do you suppose will be the second?
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

For goddesses, there's E'Ci, Xegony, Erollisi Marr, Tunare, Druzzil Ro, Ayonae Ro, Zerani Ro, Sullon Zek, Anashti Sul, Lanys T'Vyl, Saryrn, Terris Thule, and Ullkorruuk. Considering that the last of those three are being tortured for all eternity deep inside the Plane of Hate by Innoruuk himself, I would be surprised if they get a herald to "celebrate" their return. Lanys T'Vyl is well documented as being nothing more than celestial dust since we literally nuked her.

I wouldn't rule out Xegony, Fennin Ro, and the Rathe Council being among the camps. The Zimara storyline still leaves Ayonae Ro's absence a complete mystery to both Norrath and the denizens inside the Plane of Magic as well, so I don't think she'll be returning just yet -- read: I think a future game update will introduce her, and a camp will probably be related to it.

Hopefully Erollisi Marr will be given the deity plushie that she and many of the other currently-existing gods are lacking from the loyalty merchant. Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Tribunal, Brell Serilis, Anashti Sul, Bertoxxulous, Rallos Zek, Quellious, Karana, and Bristlebane are missing the plushies that Tunare, Mithanial Marr, Rodcet Nife, Solusek Ro, Drinal, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek, Sullon Zek, and Prexus have available through the loyalty merchant.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Dgkelly38 Active Member

An image of E'ci and Tarew's avatars also need to be added to their respective pages, by the way.
    Cusashorn likes this.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody got around to editing the wiki for their pages back when the models were introduced in Chaos Descending.
  12. Ronoc Member

looking at the locations, im guessing that Anashti Sul is gonna be in Sinking Sands, theres not really anyone else except Solusek that could be there, and weve already established that Anashti has connections to the continent due to the Peacock Club timeline. all the locations we have seen previous contested gods are probably returning to those areas: Rodcet Nife to Antonica, Mithaniel to Commonlands, Tunare to Lesser Faydark, and Drinal to Loping Plains. In Thundering Steppes i think we might see Karan appear, due to that area being known as the Plains of Karana in eq1. i think im going to go with Timorous as Povar, and Lavastorm as Solusek. Rivervale could be Bristlebane, due to his prophet's presence in Enchanted Lands, although he very well could be in EL as well. Cazic-Thule should be in Feerrott, thought he could also be in Fens due to Rile and his followers being there. i doubt we will see the rest of the Elemental Gods due to already having fought them recently in CD. id also eliminate any dead gods, such as Lanys. Frostfang Sea may contain Erollisi Marr has Ouka has mentioned desiring, and they could break Ayonae's silence due to the return of the Maestra, though i dont know exactly where i would place her, given the remaining options. the only other one i could say is Brell being in Butcherblock. anyone know if any gods have some form of connection to Darklight, Enchanted Lands, Fens, and Nektulos?
    Juull likes this.
  13. Benj Well-Known Member

Nektulos could be Innoruk. That's where the entrance to Plane of Hate is, and where he was wandering around after Lanys killed(?) him.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah she killed him, but his essence was reborn into an Emperor Palpatine-looking uggo.

Fens of Nathsar is where you meet the Avatar of Disease for the Bertoxxulous deity line, but that always felt more like "Hey we're reintroducing a god and we need something vaguely thematic with the content we have, so we'll have him show up as a Spectre in the middle of the dragon skeleton" rather than any actual associated lore with the god and that location.

Darklight Woods... yeah that one will probably be a surprise. I can't think of any deities who would be associated with that region.
  15. Ronoc Member

Is there a god that the Dark Elves worship? Could be them, if we haven't already guessed their location. That's the best I can come up with for Darklight...
  16. Benj Well-Known Member

The Dark Elves mostly worship Innoruk, who we've already placed in Nektulos. Saryn and Terris Thule are sort of similar in vibe, though I'm not sure any herald would announce their coming, since they were last seen being tortured by Innoruk himself.
  17. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

And Ulkorruuk as well. I mentioned in my post above that it doesn't seem likely for story reasons that those three would be reintroduced (but I still want plushies of them-- I want plushies of every deity.)
  18. Ronoc Member

Nice, we got Erollisi Marr in Frostfang (as we guessed), and Bertoxulous in Antonica. I'm kicking myself for that Rodcet Nife guess from earlier, my second thought was Bert due to his avatar having previously been there
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Oh I see. Erollisi starts today and Bertoxxulous on Feb 15th.
  20. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Okay, so some pieces are starting to fall into place.

When inquired about the visual appearance of the deity altars when E'Ci was added, one of the devs stated that the gods who have existing altars will show up as such-- this was confirmation that the 15 deities that players can worship would be included.

We now have confirmation that Erollisi will begin for February, which lines up with her Erollisi Day event-- this actually makes logical sense, which means that we can also expect the following:

Brell Serilis in early March for Brell's Brew Day, most likely in Butcherblock Mountains where his Avatar used to spawn.
    Bristlebane in early April for Bristlebane's Day (also, it actually starts on April 1st this year) most likely in Rivervale where his Avatar used to spawn.
    Solusek Ro in early July for Scorched Sky in Lavastorm where his Avatar used to spawn.

If Morrel Thule is among the 18 deities (with process of elimination meaning there's only one left who isn't worshippable by players since Tarew Marr and E'Ci are the first two, this seems a stretch), then we can expect him for Heroes Festival in November.

The question is when the other gods will show up. We can certainly locate where they will by the zone locations already revealed, and the majority of them matching up with where previous Avatars used to spawn.

-Karana will be in Thundering Steppes where his Avatar used to spawn. , possibly in late April ("April Showers...")
    -Tunare would be in Lesser Faydark, and the Beast'r event in late March would thematically match, or possibly in May ("bring May Flowers..."
    --HOWEVER, the Avatar of Tranquility also used to spawn in Lesser Faydark, so if Quellious is added, then that also makes sense.
    - Mithanial Marr will be in the Commonlands where his Avatar used to spawn.
    - Cazic Thule will be in the Feerrott where his Avatar used to spawn. Early or Late October for Nights of the Dead would make sense, even though that holiday is not actually dedicated to him.
    - Innoruuk will be in Nektulos Forest where his Avatar used to spawn.
    - Anashti Sul will be in the Sinking Sands where her Avatar used to spawn.
    - Prexus would make sense for Oceansfull in August, but Cobalt Scar is not one of the listed camp sites.

The remaining zones for speculation are Enchanted Lands, Timorous Deep, Loping Plains, Darklight Woods, and Fens of Nathsar. None of those zones have any particular attunement to a particular deity other than Loping Plains being one of the various zones that Drinal's avatar can spawn.

I also must wonder if they had the god plushies in mind with this event-- Mithanial Marr, Tunare, Quellious, Solusek Ro, Prexus, Drinal, Corrupted Drinal, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek, Sullon Zek, and Rodcet Nife can be purchased from a City Merchant, so adding herald camps to those deities would mean they might have something other than plushies.
    Breanna likes this.