Xaalax Yaalax and Zaalax encounter bugged

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Finding, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Finding Guest

So this is our third night of raiding on this mob, the first night we manage to kill X and Y and Z to split, and at that moment 5-10 players screen would freeze up for 10-15 sec and causing them to crash. Which obviously caused a wipe. So during our second night of working on this mob samething would happen. And tonight for 4 consecutive pulls we get to Z with 5-10 crashes right at the split. As you can see, it renders it impossible for us to kill this mob at its current buggy state.
  2. ARCHIVED-ThomasCH Guest

Sounds weird. This is not happening on Nagafen.
  3. ARCHIVED-Slowin Guest

UD is just a crappy zone at least as it pertains to lag and stability. We have a similar problem on construct.. only its usually 3-4 people.. and anytime the red emote happens on that fight. Of course it doesn't crash people everytime.. and depending on who crashes it doesn't mean an insta wipe either. Would be really frustrating working on a new mob though and having that happen.
  4. ARCHIVED-Finding Guest

Well UD is indeed extremely unstable, we usually get 1-2 LD, crashes during hard mode construct or Valcaz, but the XYZ problem is consistent for us for 3 nights, which makes it impossible for us to progress.
  5. ARCHIVED-Destraum Guest

We used to have a similar problem in UD with Haephaeus (sp*). We would get him down very low in health, then zone would lock up. Then it started happening in Palace, then Labs. Turns out, it was one of our raiders was causing us to crash because she was an overactive quester and basically filled her allowance of space on SOE's server. Took us to get a GM involved to get it figured out/fixed.
    Lesson learned: Kick over-active questers from the raid force. =P
  6. ARCHIVED-Finding Guest

This is getting really annoying, matter of fact I petitioned it like 5 times already. We are basically flawlessly it up to the split and half the raid will crash lock up. In my 6 years of raiding, I never once seen something as strange as this.

So we are stuck on this mob, can not progress. It is utterly crap. FIX your game. I bet Rift will have better customer support than some bs token CSR respond.
  7. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

You need less conviction to defeat the encounter!
  8. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Finding wrote:
    We kill it on the same server at the same time even while you are pulling it and don't have the same issues. Try harder.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ragefighter87 Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    1- Did we claim that anyone is having the same problem?
    2- Let me break it down to for you why this bug is a critical problem in this encounter: so you can understand how your comment reflect your ignorance and your simpleton demenor to this matter: When the fissue is down and anyone caught in it will trigger a fail effect. And when 3-6 people crash when that happens it is a wipe not matter how "Try harder".
    3- SOE, really need to educate your GM. They keep feedbacking that we killed the mob and thus the matter is resolved. Let me reiterate again: THE PROBLEM STARTS WHEN Z SPLIT. The encounter is not over when the first Z die. And thus we are here at this juncture dicussing this gain, and probably lead to another night of frustration to my guild and more petition and wasting resourcing from both SOE and our time at hand.
    4- If any actually DEV is reading this, which I doubt since they are all working on the next expansion can someone PM me and I can supply logs of what is going on when we crash.
    5- Out of 5 nights of pulling we have 3 bug free pulls on this mob. That's unacceptable.
  10. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Ragefighter87 wrote:

1) Not that I seen.

2) Not accurate. Makes it a huge PITA, yes. But a guaranteed wipe? No.

3) As undesirable as it may be, perhaps more decisive explanation in the petition may give better results. If not, request a higher level/ranking CS member.

4) No comment

5) It sucks yes. But what was different on those 3 bug free pulls? Someone in your raid is doing something that is causing themselves, and/or other members to crash. And it is not something common, or many other guilds killing XYZ would experience the same issue (simple logic). It could be anything from pets, equipment, pull spot, the list goes on. The process of elimination would be your friend in trying to resolve this issue.

As annoying as it is, the best thing you guys can do, is try to identify the fault.

You have me curious. In one post (original post) you talk about the 10-15 second lockups, resulting in crashes, occuring immediately on the split of Zaalax. But you then go on to make a comment about people crashing when being caught in fissures (most recent post), so some kind of clarification on the actual problem may possibly help your cause. Which is it, the first, the last, or both?
  11. ARCHIVED-Ragefighter87 Guest

Yes it results in a wipe.
    When Z splits, some of the raid members computer would freeze, it happened to me once, where the screen turns white(transparent white) with the window7 load icon pop up. And when you freeze you don't immediately exit the game, thus you are unable to move out of the fissure when it happens.
    It is a reoccuring events, that is happening over and over again.
  12. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Maybe some Defiance people can come into your raid and show you guys what your doing wrong.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ragefighter87 Guest

Crismorn wrote:
    May be they can teach you how to time your autoattack between CAs too, so you don't look like a tool on the WW Swashy channel.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ragefighter87 Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    3- I think we /bug /petition it many times. I am sure it was explained to death to these GMs what is happening. We addressed the pet issue, and we tried to look at gear. Pull spots are the same pull spots that other guilds are not having problem.
    Also to clarify, people crashes on both cases #1- When the split happens #3 When aoe and red text happens. Both result in wipe as explained above. It is the same issue, their screens would freeze and lock up.
  15. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Try turning off all particle effects, followed by sound. This absolutely reeks of an issue that SOE saw in the first release of Icy Keep where the Frozen Corrival would split and crash people.
  16. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

XYZ hasn't crashed us in forever, and I raid with almost everything turned on.
  17. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

I remmember when a Conjy pet could get the red message and cause a similer issue on a fight.
    This kinda reminds me of this.
    In other words get rid of your summoners and try it jk but it did remind me of that issue.
  18. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Its probably something obscure, like the dumb stoneskin while under control effects crash.

Getting a dev to look into this in the next few months is highly unlikely though.

Suck it up buttercup.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

Ragefighter87 wrote:
    My Inquis can do more dps then my Swash can right now, I already know this!
  20. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

1 pulled xyz tonight on the same server no crashes, we even had one member get hit by the fail effect because he was too sloth to move.