www.eq2-maps.com

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Grunzh, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Grunzh Guest

Hey there, a small week ago I launched www.eq2-maps.com. It is a free and easy to use site which contains our own high quality maps.
    The maps have locs, reference points, terrain colors and all else you can think of.
    Theres a forum there aswell, where you can feedback on the maps, and say what you would like to see on the map. Reference points or just the usual laughs of my spelling :smileywink:.
    Below here is our curent Antonica map, make sure you check out the commonlands map as well. We will be adding more as we adventure and explore.

Sincere Grunzh

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Braeliegh Guest

Very nice! *bookmarked*
  3. ARCHIVED-Asamak Guest

Very nice maps. Look forward to the other zones :smileywink:
  4. ARCHIVED--Tingtong- Guest

Very Good Start!!

If you ever get a map made similar to Krisina's atlas you will get every EQ2 Player looking at it..

It was my bible Map in DAOC..

Here is a Link to get you Inspired

http://www.io.com/~caladin/kirstena/
  5. ARCHIVED-Etillchou Guest

it's nice..

but you're not the first :) check http://eq2vault.ign.com/static.php?page=Norrath both cities have full maps with all npc's on it :D
  6. ARCHIVED--Tingtong- Guest

7. ARCHIVED--Tingtong- Guest

haha oops
    Message Edited by -Tingtong- on 11-12-2004 05:44 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Grunzh Guest

I know there are many portals outthere for EQ2. But most have some random player submitted maps of varius quality. Some of the sites you mention have some nice features with NPC lists, quests etc. of the zones, but that is outside the focus I wanted to bring on www.eq2-maps.com .

The goal behind my site was to make a dedicated EQ2 map site, which was VERY easy to browse when you are playing and need a map. Another goal is to make the maps the best on the net, and while im not the one to judge, then we have a forum dedicated to just takeing feedback so we can make them even better.

Not sure if what you mentioned was if we copied the Antonica map from either of the sites? Anyways its true the Antonica map was there for a brief period, I submitted it myself before we decided to make www.eq2-maps.com , and I asked for it to be taken down again too and add a link to the site instead.
  9. ARCHIVED--Tingtong- Guest

Oh my bad, I was commenting on IGN taking one of warcrys antonica maps. (Not Yours) I believe your 100% right these big fansites take what others write up and use for their own benifit of stuffing money down their pockets at the expense of the fan who made it. Keep up the good work!
  10. ARCHIVED-Yiago Guest

Very Nice Map!

Going to bookmark your site :) thanks!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Kelia Guest

Very nice Grunzh! I have your site bookmarked and look forward to seeing more.
  12. ARCHIVED-Bladesongs Guest

Very nice work! Will definately be visiting your site! :)
  13. ARCHIVED-trem0r Guest

Nice detailed maps indeed. Thanks for your efforts in creating quality maps!
  14. ARCHIVED-Twitches Guest

Looking forward to useing your maps, very easy to track and read them
    Thanks
  15. ARCHIVED-Warphunter Guest

Very nice maps indeed. Cant wait to see more. I will make sure and add a link to your site on my site.
  16. ARCHIVED-xerty Guest

Must agree with the others - very nice map and look forward to the others.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zaphrod Guest

Nice map! Please make some more.
  18. ARCHIVED-spindal Guest

Woot! Very nice!
  19. ARCHIVED-Sarshaiz Guest

20. ARCHIVED-TheGamerGuy Guest

Well done! I would add a few quick maps for the newbs out there though too. Would help them build a relationship with your site. For example Oakmyst Forest...the quest where you have to visit all the random areas of the forest would be easily handled if you had a map of that area. I hated asking over and over...where is the 'teardrop cave'? Anyway, just a thought. WIth such nice quality maps that you are producing, a smaller map for Oakmyst should take you no time at all. Keep up the good work!