Wrapping Up Race to Trakanon Server in January 2017

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faelynn Active Member

Daybreak Management,

On the topic of allowing the RTT token to be used for Isle of Refuge, please consider the following example:

I have a character on RTT to move. Let's say I choose to send my character to a standard server - I am now free to play my character without a sub, if I wish. On the other hand, let's say I choose to send my character to a specialty server that I enjoy - one which requires a sub - and now there is continued incentive for me to keep subscribing.

I would imagine there are at least *some* folks who kept a paid sub running just to play on RTT. Now that it's over, they may be deciding whether it's worth continuing that sub, or whether it's time for them to take a break from paying the sub for a bit. Allowing the RTT transfers to go to IOR could potentially help encourage at least some handful of folks to keep those subs running.

Now honestly, you still have my sub after this regardless, because in my case it's only a level 20 toon I haven't given much mind to, which I think I only spent $10 worth of DBC on (and moreover, it also falls in the category of "I don't need ANOTHER Warden on X server", yet I haven't rolled a Warden on Isle of Refuge yet). Compared to the past 10 years (and hundreds of dollars) I've invested, that's a pretty small drop. But, even though it's not *my* sub you need to worry about, I know not everyone is equally forgiving.

In the meantime, I'm holding out on using my token to see if a change of mind happens.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have 2 accounts left on RtT and the subs lapsed in November. I was hoping they would allow us to log those characters on for the sole purpose of using the transfer token to get them off. I had to choose between paying 2 accounts for a year each during the sale or keeping all 4 subbed for the duration of the RtT server. I chose to pay a year on 2 different accounts and let 2 lapse. I am having hindsight now since they will not move them off for me even though they will have a transfer token (I petitioned).

Cyrrena
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I was kinda bummed I couldn't go to the refuge server...what was the reason for that? I may have missed it.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I had to empty my broker stuff and my mail. The transfer took about 5 minutes and everything in my house come over just fine.
  5. Kryptex New Member

For next year after RTT ends, daybreak should make an event or maybe even like a temporary 3 month PvP server. Yes there's many more people that enjoy PvE a lot more than PvP but i'm sure if another pvp server even if temporary a good chunk of people would come back for a little bit. I really enjoyed and miss pvp and really hated to see it go. Maybe someone will see this and take it into consideration.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Grimjak Member

Since this is the wrap up post, and no one has posted since early December, I thought I'd revive the dead and ask the DBG folks (or anyone who's seen official notification) if there's been a date posted for when the RtT lights are going to be shut off.
    Anyone heard anything official?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.