Worldwide Ranger Chat Channel?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-NovacaineExpress, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

It's not working for me lately. Not showing up in my channellist and it tells me it can't join when I try.

They screw up worldwide channels or something?

Okay, now it tells me I'm already in. Yeesh.
    Message Edited by TaleraRis on 07-04-2006 05:46 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

Yes, the world channels are acting kind of goofy. I had exactly the same thing happen. Including the part where it tells me I'm in the channel when I'm not. I got it working somehow, but I'll be darned if I can remember how.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

Yea I got back in today some how. If you do get kicked out of any channel just wait like 1-2 weeks and try re-joining.
  4. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

Yeah, would be nice if they fixed it. I managed to get back into it yesterday after deleting my .ini file about 5x as I'd been locked out of it for about 4 days.
  5. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I miss you guys :(

My hunting is so lonely and dull now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Awwww! <hugs Gwyn>
    You know you can always /tell Butcherblock.Kaeros for a good time :D
    But FWIW the channel was working for me last night...working so well I had to turn you guys off, I couldn't keep up with group / guild chat ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

It happened to me a gain last night. I have it set up as an auto-join when logon. I got the message I was already in the channel. So I tried to join again, same thing happend. I clearly was not in the channel though. So I did the /leave function and and then /join and wala, I was in.
    Looks like the quick fix is to /leave then /join. At least it worked for me this time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

I was locked out of the guardian and assassin one today too. Its odd how the bug works.
  9. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

Since the lockout of the channel seems to happen about once every 1-2 weeks here are some things I've found that let me get back in.
    Go through each window you have, right click on the window, go to chat options, select the channel and click leave, then ok. Do that for every window you have, regardless of if the text is sent to that window. Hopefully, one of them will pop up a message saying you have left the channel. Once you see that message rejoin the channel and all should be good.
    Another option is to delete your server_character.ini file although I've really not had any luck with this one. Best solution I've found for this one is that I delete the .ini file and then load up the game and use an alt's UI settings, since I run the same UI for all toons. That will sometimes fix it for me. I try these two things nightly till I can get back in.
  10. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

What do you do when it says that you're in there, but you don't have it in any Chat Options for any window?
    I was able to fix Vianemar and chat last night, but when I switched to Gwyn after my bf went to bed, I could not for the life of me get her fixed and able to chat there.