Worldwide Ranger Chat Channel?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-NovacaineExpress, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-NovacaineExpress Guest

I did a quick search and saw that there were a few posts about a worldwide Ranger chat channel and was curious if those are still being used. A few rangers and I were talking about it on the Lucan D'Lere server and none of us knew of any. If there is one that you all are using please let me know cuz I would love to join in. There are few things I love more than chattin ranger talk!:smileyhappy:
  2. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

/join Butcherblock.WorldRanger
  3. ARCHIVED-EverMania Guest

/join butcherblock.worldranger

Very imformtive stuff in there and good conversation to be had by all.
  4. ARCHIVED-NovacaineExpress Guest

Thanks! Thats what I saw on some old posts but wanted to make sure that it was still up and running.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Looking forward to seeing you in the channel, all I ask is that you adhere to a few simple guidelines:
    1) Respect your fellow rangers. Disagree all you want, but flaming and immature name-calling are not cool.
    2) Help those who ask for it, if you can. The purpose of this channel was to create an in-game discussion medium for ALL rangers, not just end-game raiders or newbies.
    3) Refrain from bragging. This isn't a pissing contest, we're not there to see who can do a million DPS on raids or who has the best gear. This is a collaboration, not a competition.
    Thanks for the consideration, hope to see you soon!
  6. ARCHIVED-Hubo Guest

Nice ! See ya's out there gang.
  7. ARCHIVED-GoNomar Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, I know this command existed in EQ1, and it makes sense since most Commands are the same that this would exist in EQ2

/autojoin Butcherblock.WorldRanger

Will log you on the chat channel everytime you enter the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

Nope, all you have to do is /join the channel. EQ2 is setup so that once you're in, you're in, until you tell the game to remove you from the channel (/leavechannel #).
  9. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Demlar and I talked a bit about the 'bragging' point last night in the channel. I want to be clear: being a 60 ranger and discussing your gear or your stats does not automatically constitute bragging or poor behavior - it's just discussion, that's how we learn more about our class and how we improve ourselves as rangers. We're (mostly) all adults here, we know bragging when we see it - if ppl are getting insulting, pedantic, condescending, etc - that's poor form, *that's* what I'm hoping to discourage. I don't want anyone in the channel to feel unwelcome or uncomfortable because they're told that they suck for not having X gear. Simple as that, really.
  10. ARCHIVED-dubbs Guest

Unless you are insulting Tigruz and calling him names. He's just an assassin who has infiltrated our channel.
  11. ARCHIVED-RedArcher Guest

Well, I joined... feel free to haze Tryth from AB all you want, he likes the attention.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tseri Guest

I have to wonder if I somehow messed up the channel name...

I joined last night for the first time (I know, I'm such a slacker) and it was -so- quiet...

Mebbe next time I'll say hi or something...
  13. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

It ebbs and flows. Sometimes the channel is so active that I have to move it to another tab b/c I can't concentrate on groupsay or raid chat; other times it's very quiet for a whole night. On the average its one of the more active cross-server channels I've used, but that doesn't mean there's a constant conversation going on. But yes, by all means, say hi and introduce yourselves when you join! :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

I logged on for the first time last night also. I was surprised to recognize most of you all on there. I'll have it up all the time now, but unlike the forums, I seldom have much to say in chat.
  15. ARCHIVED-theorbell Guest

I'm so glad this got bumped. and here's another /bump.
    Jay's right, sometimes the channel is too "noisy" or sometimes i'm too busy to jump in as often as i'd like, but i know Kae comes running with arms open when i jump on - isnt' that right? LOL /bends down and trips Kae
    Join up and have fun. i'll try to make an appearance more - i miss all u ranjahs
  16. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Yeah I may have learned my lesson by this point - we're getting a lil like Charlie Brown and Lucy with that routine. ;)
  17. ARCHIVED-Toughone Guest

I joined this channel months ago, for some reason i cant see any of the chat there anymore, i do channellist and it dont show up, i try to join and it says im in the channel but only have one chat box open, i cant leave it either, this is annoying, anyone know a fix thanks.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dragonsviperz Guest

/Gasp! Pfff. I r uber.
    But on a serious note I was kicked out of the ranger channel...again. *shakes fist at SoE*
    So...you guys can't have fun anymore. :)
    Thanks for all the fun times guys. I hope I can get back in, but If i don't...nice talking to some of you.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wil81115 Guest

it seems to be working well atmo.

jump on back in people. it has been a bit slow as of late. Needs some livening up !
  20. ARCHIVED-schlamo Guest

This sounds awesome I'll be sure to hop on next time in game :smileyhappy: