Wizards and TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

When will it end?

We have had fusion nerf, manaburn nerf, and now fiery blast nerf?

Fiery Blast was one of the most iconic wizard spells in game, and added excitement to a otherwise boring class with a mundane casting order. No more deciding what to include in a fiery blast, timing time warps, and having to try to line up various classes abilities to maximize it, now it's just a boring spell that's overall damage is less than one ice comet.

It was broken, yes, gaining fervor based on spell double, and recording 50% of the outgoing damage instead of 35%, but nerf that.

Don't just throw the spell in the trash because of it failing to work on live.

Are there plans for fiery blast to have a significant damage boost to equal shadow step,dark aggravation, and arrow barrage?

Or is this just another one of those "live changes TLE, feelsbadman" situations?

My suggestion would be to up the damage, by 2-3x, at least. Make it instant cast. Make the actual hits inside of it be able to spell double (if possible) so if you use it during time warp it spell doubles (possibly raw triggers so the triggers double)?
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Guess I'm betraying warlock inb4 SF. Also the big question is, will there be CB in SF? Guess how many will stay wizard with a trash FB while lock get both FC and dark aggravation :p
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

CB will prob never be enabled, as a guess. But if FC gets enabled warlocks are gonna be a gigantic meme of epic proportions.
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

How do we know if its a nerf if it doesnt even work on beta at the moment :rolleyes: The proc damage could end up being higher than even the most optimal blast rotation.

I agree it kinda ruined class flavor though.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

You're delusional, it's quite easy to figure out the base of spell (with zero gear on) and multiply it based on potency, intelligence, ability mod, and critical/debuff multipliers at the end and determine this spell will not perform very well and compare it to other spells efficiency wise.

Fiery blast in its state before the patch was going to hit for a million and upwards of 2million every minute and a half before the nerf. Do you even know how the spell works?
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    If you were curious, this is with 330 potency, 4.5k ab mod on beta.

This spell is absolutely gutted, in comparison:
    [IMG]
    Here is immolation (on TLE, with 100 less potency), you are at MOST going to get 5-6 fiery blast hits in that amount of time, add that tooltip times five,FB is 48k tooltip. Immolation tooltip is around 22k adding in the dots. Keep in mind one of these is the endline that is supposed to be comparable to shadowstep, arrow barrage, and dark incubation; the other is a spell you have had since tier 5.
    [IMG]
    Here is ice comet.(On TLE as well)

I see various crit bonus overcaps, fervor overcap, and fervor was added on live. IF those were added in similar TLE stats (potency, fervor, crit bonus if possible) it would be a decent endline, still not as good as it was before.
    Tharrakor likes this.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah it does not look like a good one for TLE at least, but we get what we get I suppose, theyd never tune abilities for us specifically. What ruins it is the "can only trigger once every 1-2sec" or we could use it with AoEs and greens. That might have made it too strong tho I don't know. Now you can play that ranger tho :)

In any case it's a shame, FB was the most fun and engaging thing a wizard had by far.
  8. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Speaking of wizard on TLE, ice spears seem to be bugged. I don't remember exakt numbers but let's say that my ice spears initial hit is supposed to do 6k-8k dmg, A LOT of times it will hit for only 600-800dmg. That's on all types of mobs. Check ACT after a zone and tell me if I'm being delusional :p

I'm not talking about the tics but the initial hit when it lands.
  9. Okanagan Member

Ice Spears has been doing that for a long time now. The initial hit will deal the same damage as the ticks. Haven't been able to re-produce on demand but happens quite frequently.
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yeah, its a efficient spell to cast and obviously has the debuff but I only cast it on pull and when the mob strips debuffs at this point because it is broken.
  11. Tru of Guk Member

we do have Fervor on TLE. My familiar procs it on me and i have others in the same group as me that have group fervor proc familiars....sometimes I am up to 6 fervor if the stars align correctly.....The biggest question i have is why does Daybreak hate the wizard so much that they feel the need to nerf our spells? Necro's are doing millions with Lifeburn and i never ever see any nerfs on them and as a pet class they are supposed to be T2 dmg.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Yeah, but i don't know if it's gonna transfer over because some spells are different on TLE versus live.

Lifeburn honestly isn't that overpowered, if you do 2million damage with LB assuming you have the full juice in a 30 second fight you're still not gonna outparse what our warlock/wizard/assassin are doing, especially when you factor in how delicious ice lash/curse is, those two spells are doing upwards of 5-6k per person in group on some encounters at the moment.

Summoners still need a buff.

If wizard had Manaburn,fusion, fiery blast all un-nerfed the class would be at least 30-40% higher than any other in game, I feel as if the fusion nerf was warranted, and that the manaburn nerf was needed but i was nerfed too hard, at the moment the spell is useless, hits for around a spell double cast ball of fire.....

I'm just concerned given how post nerf wizard is around the same damage as their counterparts and they are getting a direct nerf next xpac with this fiery blast change.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The icing on the cake to this is focused casting gives 10 fervor to warlocks and fiery blast gives nothing to wizards.
  14. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes the new FB look very underwhelming. I like that FC does something now tho, I hate that there are so many AA that are completely useless because of easily hardcapped stats (DPS mod) or disabled stats (CB). FC fervor is one step in the right direction for warlock atleast.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Fiery blast is still useless, getting 1-2 swings per cast of around 25k damage. In comparison my ice comet hits for 300k and I time warp it every time.

Warlock's dark aggravation is doing around 5-6k outgoing damage on a single target mob, fiery blast is doin 300 dps.
  16. Khun New Member

Adoninilol's initial post was right on the money. By nerfing wizards repeatedly you've made them an entirely undesirable class. No reason for anyone to play one over a lock, besides being stuck in one because you've spent money grandmastering/ancient'ing spells already - or the ice last argument.

Fix this DBG.
  17. Chrexx Active Member

Fix this DBG, please.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Would it be impossible to roll back FB to its original state on TLE only ? Isn't that what they did to Fusion? Or does fusion only hit 3 targets on live now also?

If it would make wizards too strong just lower the recorded % slightly.
  19. Chrexx Active Member

True - that's def the simple solution. But also if they changed it to give mana instead of damage, that would be lit, cause then we could use manaburn again, but have to charge it up using fiery blast.
  20. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

U mean increase the total pool of mana? I guess but the build up and the execution with be very slow.